IRS 2018 2.4 Hours of Le Mans|June 15th 8:30pm Eastern|Congratulations to the winners

• Thread starter aceboy127
  • 323 comments

How should we handle the number of signups?

• Bump Drivers through Qualifying

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Run 2 lobbies

Votes: 21 72.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
...just to ask to claify all, basically pitting is not a must as I understood, and by the setup of tires and fuel consumption rate, there will be cars capable of doing this 2h25min run on one tank, tires are not even close to be changed. Is this due to change?

Most of the LMP1 cars can do with a bit of fuel saving around 250km, GT-R is in a league of it's own, it can hit 300km without fuel savings. So 1x pit will be there. This is not the problem for GTE(GT3) cars too, they will probbably need 2x to pit.
But current LMP2 cars are capable with that power reduction (and with that MPG increase) to hit 400+, maybe even full race.

And tires, after 30 laps I see degradation of only 15% in worse case scenario.

Just curious :)

Wouldn't mind flag rules to be enabled...

Cheers...

Wouldn't mind flag rules to be enabled...
Issue with flag rules is that any vehicle the game determines is the cause for a yellow in a sector will be ghosted even if you have ghosting disabled.

...just did some research, lol me... Porsche 919 does, throughout the course of 24h on Le Mans, use around 2000l of fuel (500gal) and has around 30 pit stops, in total of 395 laps, link to article is here.

We are doing this approximately like 10x less, so it should be 200l (50gal, or so to say at least one stop to fully refuel) and at least 3-4 pit stops for tire change... and with time of around 3:30-3:40 it is 39-40 laps race :)

As I sad in one of the previous posts, tire degradation at 1x is too low for this, since it is possible to drive around 60 laps till you get problems controlling car. Probably 3x or even maybe 4x would be good if tires stay RH.

Regarding fuel consumption, you can check my chart here.
For LMP1 these numbers are around 280-300km (175-190miles) except TS050 350km (220miles) per tank. These numbers are without fuel savings.
For LMP2 it is similar situation, but since they have less power fuel consumption is lower. For Audi it is not so much as it is for Peugeot (approx 70% less fuel consumption)
For GTE (GT3) most of those cars can do from 180-220km (110-140miles).
Now considering this race will be around 40 laps, give or take this is around 550km (340miles), so basically LMP1 and LMP2 should pit once, while GTE should pit twice if fuel is set to 1x, I think it should be at 2x in order to make it more interesting and a bit more either fuel saving or fuel map changing.

All this is stated on stats that are set in first post if BoP comes with some huge changes, this will change a bit, but I'd go with 2x fuel and either 3 or 4x for tires... this is just my 2c :)

Regarding flag rules, I would rather have them, even if someone spins and or makes mistake to hit his car, it is more realistic no to ghost but imagine after 2 hours of race, someone slips and hits 2 other guys and destroys race for them... after all, we are not here playing for donno what prize, it is just to have some fun... and also blue flags help a lot, and there will be those blue flags since 3 different classes that we have.

BTW there is new 1h long event in Singleplayer, it is approx 17 laps so you can try out and test your cars a bit... AI are not so hard they pit often so it is easy...

Cheers...

Last edited:
...just did some research, lol me... Porsche 919 does, throughout the course of 24h on Le Mans, use around 2000l of fuel (500gal) and has around 30 pit stops, in total of 395 laps, link to article is here.

We are doing this approximately like 10x less, so it should be 200l (50gal, or so to say at least one stop to fully refuel) and at least 3-4 pit stops for tire change... and with time of around 3:30-3:40 it is 39-40 laps race :)

As I sad in one of the previous posts, tire degradation at 1x is too low for this, since it is possible to drive around 60 laps till you get problems controlling car. Probably 3x or even maybe 4x would be good.

Regarding fuel consumption, you can check my chart here.
For LMP1 these numbers are around 280-300km (175-190miles) except TS050 350km (220miles) per tank. These numbers are without fuel savings.
For LMP2 it is similar situation, but since they have less power fuel consumption is lower. For Audi it is not so much as it is for Peugeot (approx 70% less fuel consumption)
For GTE (GT3) most of those cars can do from 180-220km (110-140miles).
Now considering this race will be around 40 laps, give or take this is around 550km (340miles), so basically LMP1 and LMP2 should pit once, while GTE should pit twice if fuel is set to 1x, I think it should be at 2x in order to make it more interesting and a bit more either fuel saving or fuel map changing.

All this is stated on stats that are set in first post if BoP comes with some huge changes, this will change a bit, but I'd go with 2x fuel and either 3 or 4x for tires... this is just my 2c :)

Regarding flag rules, I would rather have them, even if someone spins and or makes mistake to hit his car, it is more realistic no to ghost but imagine after 2 hours of race, someone slips and hits 2 other guys and destroys race for them... after all, we are not here playing for donno what prize, it is just to have some fun... and also blue flags help a lot, and there will be those blue flags since 3 different classes that we have.

BTW there is new 1h long event in Singleplayer, it is approx 17 laps so you can try out and test your cars a bit... AI are not so hard they pit often so it is easy...

Cheers...
Goid info, thanks. Send me an FR.

I would really like to have a teammate in this race.

I was curious @Alpha Cipher @Robben @John Crellin are you guys or anyone else who is reading this post interested in possibly driving on my Viper team for this event? I've got a matching livery for whoever says yes lol
Man I'd love to join this! I've got summer school though so rip me :(

I wish you luck though! Beat Antares for me ;) and declare that Rin Kagamine is best vocaloid

Finished my livery after announcement from aceboy127

ipt5xh.jpg

I currently have the default number plate on my car? Will those numbers be off?

Edit: Answered my own question by looking at pics. Will update my livery and currently making one for my teammate

Last edited:
I've just filled out the papers for @John Crellin @aceboy127, but double check the sponsor. I believe I wrote it backwards, it should be the same as mine.

Edit: It appears you have the wrong number listed. He will be in the #146, I will be in the #147.

--

Geology Autosport is proud to announce it will be fielding two entires in the International Racing Series's 2.4 hours of Le Mans race on June 15th, 2018.

The team owner will drive the #147 Dodge Viper Power/United States Geological Survey Dodge Viper GT3-R powered by Geology Autosport. The second entry will be the #146 Dodge Viper Power/United States Geological Survey Dodge Viper GT3-R powered by Geology Autosport driven by @John Crellin. The team owner had this to say about the signing.

"Bringing on @John Crellin is a great add for our small team. He is a strong Dr A racer and I look forward to working on setups with him. I believe, with proper teamwork, we will make our sponsors happy. Huge shout out to the United States Geological Survey, Dodge, Axalta, and all of our other sponsors that make this possible. We are very excited at this opportunity and are anxiously awaiting for the race!"

We will now show off our paint schemes. Correct number panels and identifiers have been added as well as fixing an egregious issue with the livery (can you spot it on the first page where the original livery was?). Gatorade has also joined as an associate sponsor, and we have added IRS racing logos as well.

Last edited:
Test session tomorrow night at 8:30pm hosted by me. I will set the lobby up at 8:30 pm EST and let folks run practice laps for an hour. I will then start a 30 minute race promptly at 9:30 pm.

If you want to join in then send me a Friend Request at your earliest convenience.

I have very strong and fast internet so I hope that we don't have any issues in that regard.

@aceboy127

Switch me over to LMP2 and change my sponsor to Thrustmaster. That should even out those fields respectively.

Thanks.

I'd hate to screw with the GT guys liveries again, but I think I may do PRO and AM in GT, split up by qualifying speed. If we do 2 lobbies, then I will plan to have LMP1 and GT PRO in room 1 and LMP2 and GT AM in room 2.

It's good to see a lot of signups for this event. It's going to be awesome! :cheers:

I won't be able to make practice tomorrow night but I can tell ya the #39 Fanatec Machine is already at the track whipping laps everyday for this big race :sly:

I'd hate to screw with the GT guys liveries again, but I think I may do PRO and AM in GT, split up by qualifying speed. If we do 2 lobbies, then I will plan to have LMP1 and GT PRO in room 1 and LMP2 and GT AM in room 2.

I don't think there is a need to add the PRO and AM. Plus we wouldn't know what class we are until after qualifying...

Please update Fluffas number to 146 when you get a chance :)

Last edited:
Back