IRS 2019 2.4 Hours of Le Mans | Race complete | Congratulations to our winners

• Thread starter aceboy127
  • 1,012 comments
8584517382099206684_0-jpg.829588

Thanks @damonc84 Now Ronnie can look over my shoulder .

Edit: now if I could find it on your ID I could wear it...:lol:

I was thinking more on the lines of having a race in a few days or so. While the hunger is still present. I know I feel like I got robbed. My tv came unplugged lap 2. My fuel glitched after pit and said I only had a half of tank. I would like a chance to show my potential. I’m assuming there are others with the same feeling. We don’t have to have the race under IRS. We can do it privately. But yes I plan on joining next year as well
A fully paid up subsidiary of the IRS ( The VLN Series....yes we also race on non Ring tracks!) is doing 2.4 redux on next Sunday. Go here....some rules changed to provide less stress but BOP identical.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-vln-series.386993/

and we are messing around there tomorrow at 1330 central too!

Last edited:
I was thinking more on the lines of having a race in a few days or so. While the hunger is still present. I know I feel like I got robbed. My tv came unplugged lap 2. My fuel glitched after pit and said I only had a half of tank. I would like a chance to show my potential. I’m assuming there are others with the same feeling. We don’t have to have the race under IRS. We can do it privately. But yes I plan on joining next year as well

A fully paid up subsidiary of the IRS ( The VLN Series....yes we also race on non Ring tracks!) is doing 2.4 redux on next Sunday. Go here....some rules changed to provide less stress but BOP identical.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-vln-series.386993/

and we are messing around there tomorrow at 1330 central too!
Was interested in having another crack at it but USA Sunday is Aus Monday so guess I'm outta luck two weekends in a row lol.
Should be interesting seeing redemption arcs play out after woe and misfortune beset so many drivers first time around.

Got collected by spun car already in T2 in start, but did not have pace anyway, setup was not good etc.
Anyway did not expect to be fast, and was planning on going rather safe and sound.
Couple stupid mistakes hurt, last 30 mins i was very tired and stuggled to keep focus and eyes open, but funnily enough, i set my best laptimes during that period!!! :boggled:
That was real endurance race, would love to do more of these if had more time, and race starts would be more fit for my timezone. :cheers:

Got collected by spun car already in T2 in start, but did not have pace anyway, setup was not good etc.
Anyway did not expect to be fast, and was planning on going rather safe and sound.
Couple stupid mistakes hurt, last 30 mins i was very tired and stuggled to keep focus and eyes open, but funnily enough, i set my best laptimes during that period!!! :boggled:
That was real endurance race, would love to do more of these if had more time, and race starts would be more fit for my timezone. :cheers:

...same, playing since 3 in the morning up to almost 6 :)

Nice of you that you've stick with us till the end 👍

My tv came unplugged lap 2. After piit on lap 12 my. Yellow tank only filled up half way. Some glitch. Cant wait to redeem my self

My tv came unplugged lap 2. After piit on lap 12 my. Yellow tank only filled up half way. Some glitch. Cant wait to redeem my self

my tank only filled up about half way on one of my stops too. cost me an extra 35+ seconds for an extra stop.
i thought maybe i accidentally touched the button by accident, but who knows. maybe it was a glitch too.
is that common in gtsport? i’ve never had it happen before that i recall.

It's rare but it can happen. I think it happened to me in one of the practices, but I can't remember for sure. It's unfortunate but hey, refueling issues do happen. That's my take on it.

Last edited:
It's rare but it can happen. I think it happened to me in one of the practices, but I can't remember for sure. It's unfortunately but hey, refueling issues do happen. That's my take on it.
That was how i took it. It really didnt affect my overall result. After my stupid lap 1 spin with damage in Arnage, I had a tough hill to climb anyway with the pace Timlour, alltrac 185 and mikegrove were setting. So consistent lap after lap; until mike got tired i think and then he fell way off the pace trying to do a long fuel stint towards the end.

@Timlour
@Storm_SP17
question, and i am fine with however you feel about sharing: I’d love to check out the tune you had for the porsche lmp1 to see if it felt any better than what i used. I don’t get very involved in tuning, running mostly spec series when i do race. Just curious if I could shave any time off the standard praiano tune (with minor tweaks) I was running.

enjoyed the race. Thanks to all the organizers and especially to @aceboy127 who put up with all my bop discussion about the porsche in lmp1 :cheers:

Last edited:
i thought maybe i accidentally touched the button by accident, but who knows. maybe it was a glitch too.
It exists, was way more common last year. PD says they've fixed it but it still pops up every now and then. Sometimes it doesn't it even put any fuel on, cuts the fueling screen as soon as it goes up.

my tank only filled up about half way on one of my stops too. cost me an extra 35+ seconds for an extra stop.
At least it wasn't the 1L refuelled per second glitch that happened a while back.

Just wanted to post again and say thank you so much to everyone who was involved in the biggest endurance race we have had to date. Words cannot express how grateful I am that all of you were willing to contribute to such a great event this year. Thank you again everyone for your cooperation during all of the issues we had on race night. Lobby 2 was fairly smooth with only 1 pre-race network failure and 1 disconnect (I'm not used to my internet doing so well), although we did have a bit of lag to start off, it did seem to fade as the race went on. I plan on doing my best to get the results posted tonight or tomorrow at the latest, thank you all again and I hope to see you for our next special event.

That was how i took it. It really didnt affect my overall result. After my stupid lap 1 spin with damage in Arnage, I had a tough hill to climb anyway with the pace Timlour, alltrac 185 and mikegrove were setting. So consistent lap after lap; until mike got tired i think and then he fell way off the pace trying to do a long fuel stint towards the end.

@Timlour
@Storm_SP17
question, and i am fine with however you feel about sharing: I’d love to check out the tune you had for the porsche lmp1 to see if it felt any better than what i used. I don’t get very involved in tuning, running mostly spec series when i do race. Just curious if I could shave any time off the standard praiano tune (with minor tweaks) I was running.

enjoyed the race. Thanks to all the organizers and especially to @aceboy127 who put up with all my bop discussion about the porsche in lmp1 :cheers:
Praiano's tunes don't have good shelf life.

If they're not post-patch they probably won't help on the 1-lap pace without you understanding what tweak will recalibrate them.

Even if they are post-patch, they won't give you the freedom or comfort of a long run tune. I can share the tune later, I have a room up later tonight for testing the cars I didn't run in the 2.4, so I'll add you on PSN if you fancy a shakedown of the tune ASAP-ish.

Yeah, i figured it wasnt the perfect tune, but it was good enough. I'm not as fast as Timlour or some of the other excellent drivers, so i didnt expect to be able to match his pace. I watched him during one of the practice sessions though (yep, i was spying on how fast he was able to take certain corners and which gears he was using to compare to my own :D; thanks @Timlour !); he seemed to be able to take the exit to the porsche curves (the last left hander) at a much better pace than I could manage. I was curious how different our tunes were and maybe I was just not able to turn in enough. That was pretty much the only corner I felt I was maybe way off (other than flat out skill level/car control differences as he is a very good driver).
I always enjoy racing with such good drivers in these events. I learn so much every time. It's a shame I spun on lap 1 trying to go around Alltrac185 at Arnage when he got a little loose there. Would have been fun to see how long i could have stayed close to the top 3.

...so, is there going to be a replay of this event? :)

I'd really like if @aceboy127 you could do something with classic cars :D
There will be a casual replay this Sunday at 1330 on the VLN thread using IRS BOP but for LMP 2 and GT3 cars with a mandatory 5 minute stop .
And there is slightly more than casual discussion on having more than one race per year. There is also discussion on having a real endurance series visiting the WEC tracks utilizing all the boilerplate and BOP from this race.

So only the P1 Pros so far have been flagged for penalties, assuming this is for track limit violations and the like? Seems a little dubious given the results are being combed through and only the top class has been tagged.

Since I'm on the subject of penalties.... given how penalties appear to be for infractions to track limit, I am wondering how technical reg violations are handled?

If we're being consistent in "penalties to fit the crime" then I expect the following to be somewhat substantial they are mandatory tech regs and probably already should have been highlighted and actioned in the logs, which I doubt.

So:
  • Driver names are required.

PS_Messages_20190628_085414.jpg

PS_Messages_20190628_085416.jpg

The number plates also appear to be incorrect; default ones rather than the ones from the link.

BMW M6 GT3 (M Power) 2016
Now I believe the M Power and Walkenhorst are suspected to be competely different in characteristics hence the actively specifying the kind of BMW we need to use?

PS_Messages_20190628_085411.jpg

This looks like the WALKENHORST....

PS_Messages_20190628_085418.jpg

IT IS A WALKENHORST!!!

Note: I apologise now if this throws anyone under the bus but if penalties are going to be dished out, then penalties need to be dished out consistent. These seemed to be overlooked based on the meticulous effort that went into slapping penalties on just 1 of the Classes out of 3 lobbies.

Last edited:
Apologies if our cars haven't been living up to the livery rules. It does link to certain decals, but it doesn't state explicitly that those are to be used, only that number plates are to be placed on the side and hood and the numbers can be custom. Since it wasn't picked up by the stewards during qualification, we assumed that everything is ok. It doesn't make sense for them to have a blind eye for that if it's that important, and wait till after the race to point it out.

Apologies if our cars haven't been living up to the livery rules. It does link to certain decals, but it doesn't state explicitly that those are to be used, only that number plates are to be placed on the side and hood and the numbers can be custom. Since it wasn't picked up by the stewards during qualification, we assumed that everything is ok. It doesn't make sense for them to have a blind eye for that if it's that important, and wait till after the race to point it out.
No I can agree with that if I was running the show and again, apologies if it makes me seem like a stickler for rules and calling out people.

The intention was just a "if you're going to put emphasis on being strict on penalties then what about these?" kind of scenarios.

A penalty log would be nice to see. Can discern where these penalties are coming from.

I happen to know where those penalties are from and assume the organisers will share it, or atleast give information to us all of what had been ruled.

I accept the current penalties, but think they should have been done differently. It seems they gave half a second for every off track regardless, where I prefere they only gave penalties to those that consistently went off track, eg, for every three times in a row at one corner -> you get a penalty (and then perhaps it should be more than half a second and progressively worsen if more than three times in a row).

They have the information to do that easily. But again, I accept the current penalties.

So only the P1 Pros so far have been flagged for penalties, assuming this is for track limit violations and the like? Seems a little dubious given the results are being combed through and only the top class has been tagged.

Since I'm on the subject of penalties.... given how penalties appear to be for infractions to track limit, I am wondering how technical reg violations are handled?

If we're being consistent in "penalties to fit the crime" then I expect the following to be somewhat substantial they are mandatory tech regs and probably already should have been highlighted and actioned in the logs, which I doubt.

So:

View attachment 831777

View attachment 831778
The number plates also appear to be incorrect; default ones rather than the ones from the link.

Now I believe the M Power and Walkenhorst are suspected to be competely different in characteristics hence the actively specifying the kind of BMW we need to use?

View attachment 831781
This looks like the WALKENHORST....

View attachment 831782
IT IS A WALKENHORST!!!

Note: I apologise now if this throws anyone under the bus but if penalties are going to be dished out, then penalties need to be dished out consistent. These seemed to be overlooked based on the meticulous effort that went into slapping penalties on just 1 of the Classes out of 3 lobbies.
This was posted after I made my post about turning penalties on. I took this seriously and didn't really check anyone else much, because no one reported it. Since no one reported it I'm assuming everything is fine. At least based on what I noticed in lobby 2 I didn't really notice any issues in which the driver gained time by doing so, even then it happen so few times.
I've always accepted the policy of self-policing. If a driver has an issue with another's track limits they can document it and report it to the stewards themselves. No real need to spend 60 hours trying to find an offense that may not even exist.

In terms of liveries I put those rules in place in order to have a more official looking field and makes it look more professional in my opinion. A missing decal is not the end of the world and the fact that the organizers overlooked that little detail during qualifying is not a surprise. I know I've overlooked things in the past before and as long as it doesn't effect the racing, then I don't see the big issue with it. I do get where you are coming from with being consistent on penalties though and we try our best to do so.

Finally as for Mikey running the Walkenhorst. We are currently in discussions about this and it could result in a DSQ, due to the fact that the car was not included in the regulation, so it technically wasn't legal. We plan to get this matter settled very soon.

Just so everyone knows it was reported to me that the LMP1 Pro class had a lot of issues with corner cutting. It has been reviewed and we have dealt out penalties as necessary. I felt like being generous, so the penalty amount is 0.5 seconds per offence. I will post the data below.
unknown.png

unknown.png

Only the P1 Pro class had someone with enough time on their hands to compile this amount of detail for the penalty report. I don't think either Lobby 2 or 3 would've even bothered with this.

I imagine picture evidence of every single incident has been taken as well just to go all the way.

Lobby 2 doesn't have people that worry so much about if one guy has gained an unfair advantage by half a skin's width over another. They're definitely a bunch of guys that just like being in a good scrap for position.

Half a tenth or a couple hundredths of advantage here and there is all you really get if the track limits are only a fraction out of bounds, which is probably what a lot of these are... they don't really amount to much when you factor it all in because the laps themselves probably have 3x that amount lost in the same lap due to generic human input.

It's what makes PD Track Limits ridiculous, but PD style post-race track limit penalties even moreso.

Back