IRS | Blancpain GT Challenge - Season 1 Complete | Season 2 Jan. 2020 | Currently: Exhibition Races!

For the future, only real world tracks or open it up to fictional tracks?

• Total voters
As soon as the lobby opens we will have a 15 minute qualifying shootout, 5 minutes to get people into the room

I am currently watching the replay after the caution, and I cannot believe the low level of driving standards coming out of the pro class no less. I expected the pro class to be better than that and you can expect to see some serious penalties coming out of this race. This is not directed at everyone, but you should know who you are.

Btw when a pro driver is behind an Am is the Am driver suppose to let them by when possible or do they fight for the position against them?
If you're being lapped then yes because it's pretty much blue flags, but if it's for position then no.

If you're being lapped then yes because it's pretty much blue flags, but if it's for position then no.
Oh cool cause after the cautions I had a couple pros behind me and when I had the chance I would let them go through by going deeper in to the corner since I was just worrying about staying in first for Am class

I also wanna try and have a good reputation with everyone :)
As long as you don't go around punting people around you'll be fine. How pros think of you when they're trying to go around you for track position is pretty much case by case.

You could defend hard for position against a pro class driver but that'd just cost time for both of you, but you could also just wait for a place on track to let them pass without needing to really slow down a lot (i.e, the back straight on Nurb GP), cause that just puts you at a disadvantage.

I, for one, didn't have any issues with you when I went by after I pitted for damage after the restart.

As long as you don't go around punting people around you'll be fine. How pros think of you when they're trying to go around you for track position is pretty much case by case.

You could defend hard for position against a pro class driver but that'd just cost time for both of you, but you could also just wait for a place on track to let them pass without needing to really slow down a lot (i.e, the back straight on Nurb GP), cause that just puts you at a disadvantage.

I, for one, didn't have any issues with you when I went by after I pitted for damage after the restart.
Aight I will see how it goes next season ;)

Screenshot_2019-09-14-02-17-43-1.png
Me after forgetting to set my fuel back on 1 after the formation lap

While the caution will get addressed here once aceboy and I sort it out, if Pro drivers are mixed up with Am drivers then they stay like that. For a moment I thought of splitting the field up again like the start and forcing Pro guys to jump ahead of the Am field but in a caution all car classes bunch up together. That's what happens in real life.

As for everything else that happened last night, expect a message from us later today. I don't want the points to be hanging too long as it's the finale and people really want to know their final positions in the championship. Plus I have end of season awards to give out!

Series Announcement
The stewards have reviewed several incidents from Round 8 at Nurburgring GP. The following is a detailed breakdown of all penalties given. We would like to remind everyone that this type of behavior is unacceptable. Any and all repercussions will be enacted swiftly and without favoritism. Specifically about a calling a caution, it is only acceptable to do so when three or more cars are involved in the incident. Incorrectly calling a caution knowing less than three cars are involved is grounds for an immediate post-race penalty/disqualification as deemed fit by the organizer.

Offending Driver | Time of Incident | Offended Driver
Description of incident
Penalty

Originals-14 | Lap 35 - 22 Seconds | TNR_FILO
Originals runs FILO wide and off track.
Illegal Blocking: 5 second penalty

Originals-14 + TNR_FILO | Lap 36 Main Straight | Originals-14 + TNR_FILO
Intentional bumping on both drivers.
Unsportsmanlike behavior and poor driving standards

Originals-14 | Lap 37 - Turn 1 | TNR_FILO
Originals holds the brakes at the apex, checking up FILO and causing damage.
Illegal blocking: 5 second penalty & Causing a collision: 15 second penalty

Originals-14 | Lap 37 - 45 seconds | TNR_FILO
Intentional takeout on TNR_FILO. Does not give position back.
Causing a collision: 15 second penalty

Originals-14 + TNR_FILO | Lap 37
Illegal use of safety car procedure: 30 second penalty.

TNR_FILO | Lap 38 - Turn 1 | herimopp89
FILO divebombs herimopp into Turn 1, causing damage to herimopp.
Illegal overtake: 10 second penalty

TNR_FILO | Lap 40 - 58 seconds | WeatherSystems
FILO outbrakes himself, hitting WeatherSystems and causing damage. Does not give position back.
Illegal overtake: 10 second penalty

TNR_FILO + Originals-14 | Lap 41 - 1min 21sec | Originals-14 + TNR_FILO
Lack of situational awareness on both parts, but FILO should wait up for Originals.
Poor driving standards
Any and all comments, questions, and concerns by the guilty parties can be privately directed to myself and aceboy127.

Last edited:
Specifically about a calling a caution, it is only acceptable to do so when three or more cars are involved in the incident. Incorrectly calling a caution knowing less than three cars are involved is grounds for an immediate post-race penalty/disqualification as deemed fit by the organizer.
Someone needs to confirm this, but as far as I know, it is at the race director's discretion to declare SCD. All the drivers did was declare damage afaik.

Cars that get damaged after an incident are required to call C to let everyone know they are damaged and may be running slower than race pace.

Then it's only when three or more C's are called that race director will call caution to trigger the SCD.

Unless things changed coming into this season, I believe this is the protocol for cautions.

Cars that get damaged after an incident are required to call C to let everyone know they are damaged and may be running slower than race pace.
This is not in our rules. The only reason for typing a C is to initiate a caution. They should not have typed C. FILO typed "D" which he must be used to from other racing series but I took it to mean the same as "C". Regardless, it was only two cars involved and they should not have typed it knowing it was only two cars.

I copy/pasted the caution procedure section from previous racing series threads that were set up by the IRS.

From the OP at the front of this thread. All cars involved MUST type C and the race director WILL actuate the full-course caution if criteria are met.
  • Cautions and Restarts can be called only if incidents involving at least three cars occurs at the following situations:
  • If during the race start up until the first two corners, a Race Restart can be called. All cars involved must type C in the in-game chat, at which point the race director will type out R to signal a race restart.
  • If at any point in the race besides the race start and the final lap, a Caution Period can be called. All cars involved must type C in the in-game chat, at which point the race director will type out C to signal the start of the caution.
  • Race Restarts can only be done up to two times every race. Any race start incidents during the second restart will only result in a Caution Period.
  • Caution Periods will last only two laps, the current lap followed by one full caution lap.
  • Pace speed under caution is 62mph/100kph. Cars are expected to drive single-file, giving adequate space to the cars ahead until close to the restart.
  • Restarts from caution are single file, and race leader can accelerate back to racing speed at anytime in the designated restart zone.

Back