IRS | Blancpain GT Challenge - Season 1 Complete | Season 2 Jan. 2020 | Currently: Exhibition Races!

For the future, only real world tracks or open it up to fictional tracks?

• Total voters
Season 1 Results

I apologize for the delay with this announcement. There were some important penalties that needed to be handed out and that whole ordeal left a bad feeling in my mouth on the whole thing. But then I realized how much you all care about this series and I was doing a disservice to you by not making an official post. So without further ado...

In the Pro Division, @Antares26 dominated all season coming home with the championship title. How many titles has he won so far? The tally keeps going up, but not without a fight! @FireEmblem10 and @DaGiBUS collect 2nd and 3rd place respectively, great racing fellas! Here are the Pro Division awards:

• Front Runner Award (Most wins) - @Antares26
  • Pole Award (Most pole positions) - @Antares26
  • Three's-A-Crowd Award (Most non-1st place podium finishes) - @FireEmblem10 & @DaGiBUS
  • Team Championship (The team that scores the most points in the season) - Radio Le Banter Engineering
  • Participation Award (100% attendance) - @Antares26 & @FireEmblem10
And for the Amateur Division, we've had some great fun but @aceboy127 took this one all for himself. I think we know were he's heading in the future ;) After some interesting closing rounds, @DesertPenguin pulled ahead of @CAB114 to claim 2nd place overall. Well done all of you! Here are the Amateur Division awards:

• Front Runner Award (Most wins) - @aceboy127
  • Pole Award (Most pole positions) - @aceboy127
  • Three's A Crowd Award (Most non-1st place podium finishes) - @DesertPenguin
  • Team Championship (The team that scores the most points in the season) - Top Performance Motorsports
  • Participation Award (100% attendance) - @aceboy127
Thank you to all drivers for signing up with the Blancpain Intercontinental GT Challenge. We'll see you again soon!

I definitely like the track, but for my next series I wanted to stick to just a few European tracks. Spoilers, I will be including it in Blancpain Season 2.

Some of the drivers broadcast their view of the race but we don't have a dedicated broadcaster and commentator.

for Season 2

Team Name:
Guarana Racing
PSN ID: GR_Bruma
Car Choice: Lexus GR.3
Car Number: 66
Primary Sponsor:
Guarana
Just so you know we don't know when Season 2 will be. If you like we have a series starting on October 5th to run Saturday evenings if you're available. Come check out the Renault Sport Trophy. First link in my signature.

@_ApexPredator, @aceboy127, @Akzl298, @Alan_2134, @AngryEater, @Antares26, @Arielsharon, @bloodyboyblue, @bigbeefytaco, @CAB114, @cbcvabch, @Clean Racer, @CrazyJohn, @cyclingjudoka, @damonc84, @Demon2139, @Downhill Dino, @Dylan, @FlyinHawaiian77, @gtic_ybear, @GTP_Nail, @GTP_Versatile, @GTRacer22, @Herimopp89, @Inconspicuous, @Jens Pedersen, @John Crellin, @Jw_wk1010, @Karlbfc21, @Koutch_Pro, @kpstormie, @LuisT _99, @LUUROX_22, @micantony, @Michelin, @Miguelinho, @monoha, @MSgtGunny, @nascarfan1400, @Neyrox, @Nick Cannella, @potvinsuks, @R1600Turbo, @rap, @rex1825, @Rvgracer, @sadlerfan21, @Sassafrass_3, @Searays2, @seslab, @slthree, @SRT DK Racing, @TetsuKobura, @TexasJDC, @TheGeologist, @Tom aka newb, @Whitetail, @Whitey093, @FireEmblem10, @TNR_KING_FILO, @DaGiBUS, @LANAtron, @Kross24, @WanganGhost, @Rob Pardun, @rex1825, @TNR_5zigen, @Jeeves_ACBC, @jakedanharry, @bnop9001, @KermitSenpai, @Colonel_BMW

If I tagged you and I shouldn't have just let me know. I think this is everyone from the previous Blancpain season and Renault Sport Trophy.

I have been to the doctor for my broken foot and I am cleared for racing. Blancpain Season 2 will be starting up in January (thread will be up soon), but for now we still have a few Fridays and Saturdays to have fun with. Starting this Friday and Saturday I will be opening lobbies with the Blancpain settings for us to have some exhibition races before the season starts. We will be using new test beds to see if they'll be good in the future. Please confirm in this thread if you will be able to race the next few weekends. This should really help build up some awareness and hype for Blancpain Intercontinental GT Challenge - Season 2!!

Schedule:
Lobby opens for Practice/Qualifying at 8:30pm EST. Race starts at 9pm EST

12/6 - Dragon Trail Gardens II (It looked fun at the FIA Event so let's give it a shot)
12/7 - Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A
12/14 - Kyoto Yamagiwa
12/20 - Autodrome Lago Maggiore - East
12/21 - Driver's Choice (Everyone please vote for the one track you would like to race at. Whichever has the most votes wins)
*Edit: Dec. 13th race is removed due to scheduling conflict with @llNovall's Porsche Cup

I really hope to see a bunch of you guys out these weekends and building some excitement for the next season. I'm sorry it's taking so long to set up but we at the IRS have a lot of different series being juggled behind the scenes and want to make sure everyone gets their fair share of time in the spotlight. So without further ado... LET'S GO RACING!!

Last edited:
Maybe interested to get some seat time in the Aston V12 before FIA season. Curious why the lack of real circuits considering this is based on a real series?

Edit: Fridays only for me though.

Season 1 was all real circuits and that was fun but at the same time very limiting. I will repeat some tracks that provided good racing but overall I'd like to incorporate the original tracks now. So for testing purposes, I'm using tracks we haven't used yet and that means the original tracks. I doubt anyone wants to run at Big Willow or Tsukuba lol. We might try Autopolis but I'm really not a fan of that track.

I have both every day of the week available but these are the two days that we've used in the past. Blancpain ran on Satudays and Renault Sport Trophy was Friday, so this should get the most amount of repeat drivers.

We might try Autopolis but I'm really not a fan of that track.
Likewise with most fictional tracks, especially Kyoto. (Which would be a much better track if you shrank it down quite a bit) Gardens ll will be a nightmare for me, Blue Moon I'm ok with considering the class of car. I find Maggiore East is best in reverse. But this is your series. ;) I'll only be there on Fridays anyway as long as I'm not out doing something. Will probably put myself down as a reserve driver.

To me, Blue Moon Infield is our Sebring lol No need to "sign up" for these exhibition races tough. All you need to do is post that you're interested here and show up when you can. Nothing official or serious.

Gardens II is just an experiment to experience what they did in the FIA Event. From a spectator's view it looked like a lot of fun so I wanna see how it plays out. Kyoto is great. Maggiore East in reverse? I'll check it out. I need to learn that big banked turn either way.

9pm est start times? I should be able to make both races this weekend. Hype!
Yea, I should mention start times :lol:

Let's open the lobby at 8:30pm EST for Practice/Qualifying and start the races at 9pm.

Last edited:
How many times do I have to remind you to stop tagging me in these threads?

Back