IRS | Blancpain GT Challenge - Season 1 Complete | Season 2 Jan. 2020 | Currently: Exhibition Races!

For the future, only real world tracks or open it up to fictional tracks?

• Total voters
Hey everyone. Just a heads up, I went to turn on my laptop this morning and it's completely broken. Can't even boot into safe mode. I will be working from my cell phone for the next few days until I get a new computer of some kind. Probably a laptop or chromebook if there's a good deal. I only need it for internet browsing, spreadsheet data entry, downloading movies, and watching YouTube/Twitch. What more can a laptop do that a chromebook can't that I really need to have? Any suggestions?

...where you at? How much you wanna spend on?

No more than $300. My mother has a tax free card at Staples for being a teacher so I get a better deal there

If you don't mind being refurbished, I'd go for this one. Regarding those ChromeBook computers, they are really low power and have no space and RAM whatsoever.

LOL man, now watching those prices there, here in Serbia at least laptops are cheaper...

Well if you have a thrustmaster wheel like myself and want to update the firmware, you need a windows based computer. I have a chrome book and an iPad and a real old windows laptop and none of these things will allow me to update the firmware, so I have been stuck on DS4 until a friend or neighbor can bring their laptop over and help me out.

Thankfully I have a Logitech G29, but my Turtle Beach headphones need a computer for some firmware which is silly.

Tomorrow night's shakedown race will be held in a friends only lobby so please make sure to send me a friend request before 8pm EST. Thank you.

Then you need a computer. It is pretty ridiculous if you ask me, but it is what it is.

It is I agree with you are u having severe issues with it that you cant use it that you need to update it. Sucks because I was hoping to get to see you drive on a wheel

Yes. It heats up quick and makes a burning smell. Then it starts to have intermittent unresponsiveness. I fear I may be doing damage to it by trying to use it. Camel advised me not to use it until the software is up to date and I trust him. What sucks is I have a really nice work laptop, but it is admin protected so I can’t install anything on it therefore it can’t help me. I begged our admin to unlock it for this one thing but she wouldn’t. I may have to rent a computer to achieve this. How dumb is that!

Yes. It heats up quick and makes a burning smell. Then it starts to have intermittent unresponsiveness. I fear I may be doing damage to it by trying to use it. Camel advised me not to use it until the software is up to date and I trust him. What sucks is I have a really nice work laptop, but it is admin protected so I can’t install anything on it therefore it can’t help me. I begged our admin to unlock it for this one thing but she wouldn’t. I may have to rent a computer to achieve this. How dumb is that!

I had the same.issue with unresponsiveness at times and I turned down the force feed back and helped out alot project cars 2 can be rough on wheels I find personally

Lobby will open at 8:30pm EST for practice, qualifying at 9 and race at 9:30. Eastern standard time. I'm in New York if that helps

...so one place from me, sadly going to work ASAP right now, just to notify you guys. Sorry... We'll see us next Friday... GL and HF in race...

@DesertPenguin
Are spots still open for reserve drivers? And what is the process for reserve drivers filling in. Thinking about joining up for this, but know I wont be able to be available all the time, so a reserve spot could work.

@DesertPenguin
Are spots still open for reserve drivers? And what is the process for reserve drivers filling in. Thinking about joining up for this, but know I wont be able to be available all the time, so a reserve spot could work.
I'll always take reserve drivers. Basically Wednesday or Thursday I will make a confirmation post with everyone tagged. If anyone confirms they cannot attend then that spot will go to the first reserve that signed up, and so on down the line in the order the reserves signed up.

I'll always take reserve drivers. Basically Wednesday or Thursday I will make a confirmation post with everyone tagged. If anyone confirms they cannot attend then that spot will go to the first reserve that signed up, and so on down the line in the order the reserves signed up.
Thanks. Really considered joining, but I know I would miss the first 4-5 weeks for sure, and the last few would be hit or miss. May try to jump in on this on the next season. Good luck with the series.:cheers:

Last edited:
As of right now only a few were vocal about making it out tonight, but I assume most will because it will be a chance to test their tunes and make sure BOP doesn't need any adjustments. I'll be there tonight to host, so make sure you guys send me a friend request if you want in.

Thank you everyone that was able to make it out tonight for some racing. We had a great time and learned a few things about the BOP. A few things will need to be adjusted and will be posted as soon as possible. Overall things went well. When I change tires and fuel after qualifying the field gets reset so remember to jump back on so I can set the grid and have it ready to go at 9:30 on the dot. We were only a few minutes late but I'd like to keep things tidy. Once again, thanks for the racing!

:cheers:

Congrats to @FireEmblem10 on the win tonight.

20190712233749.jpg

I had a great time racing with you guys last night. It really was a great 90 minute plus race. I got a great start from 8th on the grid and was up to 5th by midway through the first lap. I tried to stay with @damonc84 but he was just to quick for me last night. I was around someone and squabbling over position for the entire race. I went with a 1 stop strategy. It took a lot of focus towards the end of each stint because the tires were heavily worn.

Really great format. You guys will have fun with this series.

On a side note: the rolling start in the mid pack was a little messy. Drivers who qualify with an odd number (3rd, 5th, 7th, etc) need to be in the same row as the pole sitter. Things got a little jumbled in the mid pack.

Good Race last night guys! I think I need to go back to the drawing board with my tune though, I was losing 45 seconds to the leaders every 15 laps with the current model, I think I was geared to high for the track maybe. I’m curious to see what BoP changes happen though. :)

My internet picked a fine time to go haywire :lol:. Damon and others were appearing and disappearing those first laps before I got disco.

Back