IRS Bridgestone Karting Series Season 2 | Fridays 9PM EST | Rd 5 tonight!!!

• Thread starter damonc84
  • 146 comments
United States
Texas, USA
damon84c
IMG_0774.PNG

Presents:

kart_season2.jpg

Rom Host: @damonc84
July 13 – Willow Springs – Streets of Willow
July 20 – Brands Hatch Indy Circuit
August 3 - Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Center
August 10 – Alsace - Village
August 17 - Tsukuba Circuit
August 24 - Nürburgring GP
  • In game race time settings will change between sessions to simulate time change
Please post in thread your entry using the format below.

GTP ID:
Name
PSN ID: Name
Kart Number: 000
Team Name: Team Name (add Manager if applies to entry)
Primary Sponsor: Sponsor
  • Kart numbers can be chosen from 4-999
  • Teams can have up to a maximum of three drivers
  • Team Manager responsible for Team Registration
  • No two teams can share the same primary sponsor
  • Sharing primary sponsors between cars of the same team is optional

Vehicle Guidelines
Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 Shifter
Power: 49HP/36.6 kW (100%)
Weight: 231lbs/104.7 kg (100%)
Tires: Sports Soft
  • Use of the stock livery on Kart is prohibited.
  • Offensive liveries and/or decals are strictly prohibited on Kart, Helmet and Race Suits.
  • Use of the IRS and Bridgestone decals are required on the Kart. These mandatory decals are provided in the Mandatory Decals section.
  • The placement of the mandatory decals must be on either the fairing/nassau panel or nose of the kart.
  • Kart Numbers are to be placed on the upper portion of the fairing/nassau panel, sidepods, rear number plate and should be clearly visible.
  • For kart #1-9, numbers with leading zeroes (e.g., 01, 02) are not allowed.
  • Kart #1-3 are reserved for use of the Top 3 in points from IRS Karting Series Season 1 regardless of Region of participation if so desired.

Mandatory Decal Guidelines
IRS Globe
IRS Decal 1
IRS Decal 2

The IRS Globe can be used in correlation to either IRS Decal 1 or 2. Bridgestone decals can be used from the either the in game or from the Discover library if so desired
The IRS and Bridgestone decals must be placed in the Light Blue areas of the kart pictured below. Kart Numbers must be placed in the pink areas shown on the kart pictured below. Additional IRS and/or Bridgestone decals can be placed in the white areas of the kart is so desired.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180716205554.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180716205608.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180716205624.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180716205634.jpg

Race Day Guidelines
8:30pm - 9:00pm – Room Opens, Free Practice
9:00pm - 9:10pm - Qualifying
9:15pm – Heat Race 1 (Grid Set by Qualifying Results)
9:30pm – Heat Race 2 (Grid Set by Reverse Qualifying Results)
9:45pm – Feature Race (Grid Set by least accumulated Heat Race Points)
  • Races will be held on Friday Nights
  • Races will be ran on US Eastern Standard Time (EST)
  • Heat Race lengths will be approximately 10 miles/16 km
  • Feature Race length will be approximately 20 miles/32 km
  • Times subject to change to accommodate competitor internet connectivity issues and network issues
  • Qualifying session is 10 minutes long.
  • Track will be reset twice at exactly 9:00pm to reset recorded track times.
  • Qualifying begins as soon as the second reset.
  • Karts on a flying lap once the chequered flag is called at the 10 minute mark will be allowed to finish their current laps.
  • In case of a kart hitting another kart off-track, the offending kart is expected to return the position to the other kart at the soonest possible opportunity.
  • Heavily damaged karts are expected to slow down and make way for the faster cars around them until the auto-repair is finished.
  • Flag rules are enabled to alert lapped karts of approaching faster karts. Lapped karts are expected to reduce speed enough to allow the faster karts through, while faster cars are expected to make their way around the lapped karts in a safe manner.
  • Any incident report must be submitted within 48 hours of the end of each race weekend. Any reports submitted beyond this period will not be reviewed.
  • Unsportsmanlike Behavior - Race suspension / Series ban
  • Causing an Avoidable Collision - 20s Time Penalty (can be awarded multiple times)
  • Abusing Track Limits - 10s Time Penalty (can be awarded multiple times)
  • Mandatory Decal Violation - Warning (1st Offense), Back of grid start (2nd Offense), DSQ (3rd and further Offense)
  • Offensive Livery/Decals - Warning (Livery must be immediately resolved), Series ban (If warning is ignored)
  • Heat Race Points table: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-etc.->
  • Feature Race Points table: 20-17-12-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1->
  • Heat race points are not applied to championship points
  • Drivers points are taken from finishing position in Feature Race
  • 1 bonus point will be given to the fastest in qualifying and fastest lap in races
  • 2 bonus points will be given to the winner of each heat race
  • Teams points are taken from the best two finisher from each team
  • Mid-race disconnections will be awarded the worst possible points from the grid.
  • DNS and DSQ will not be awarded any points.
  • Each driver's single worst points scoring finish from main race will be dropped at the end of the season.
In case of a championship points tie at the conclusion of the season, 1 bonus point will be awarded to the competitor with the most race wins, heats included, for the season. If a tie is still present a 5 lap shootout will take place on a track decided by majority vote from series competitors, competitors of shootout not eligible for voting.

Lobby Guidelines
Start Type: Standing Start
Grid Order: Set by Host
Boost: None
Slipstream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Tire Wear: Off
Fuel Usage: Off
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Reduction: Real
Race Finish Delay: Set to average lap time from qualifying to allow all drivers to complete the race
  • Drivers who join the lobby in between the first five minutes of qualifying and race start that do not set a qualifying time will have to start from the back of the grid for both heat races.
  • Drivers who join the lobby after the race has started will not be allowed to join, regardless of any instance of a race restart.
  • Visibility checks will be conducted prior to start of qualifying and once more before the start of the race. Drivers must indicate if they are unable to see certain drivers, as any on-track incidents revolving around lack of visibilty will not be subject to penalties.
  • For network issues specific to certain drivers, they will be allowed to attempt to fix these issues until 9:10PM. Failure to fix these issues by then will result in the driver not being allowed to start, but will be classified as a mid-race disconnection, making them eligible for last place points.
  • For network issues specific to the lobby, a lobby reset will be performed if deemed necessary.
  • For network issues specific to the host, a new room hosted by either another IRS official present or another driver will be created if deemed necessary.
  • For network issues surrounding PSN, a race postponement can be declared if so needed.

International Racing Series Main Hub
IRS Discord Server

Last edited:
ENTRY LIST
Top Performance Motorsports
#14 - NAPA Auto Parts - CAB114 - @CAB114
#23 - Dr. Pepper - aceboy127 - @aceboy127 (Manager)

Goat Tech Racing
#22 - Monster Energy - PD_ApexPredator - @_ApexPredator
#76 - Goat Pro - seslab - @seslab (Manager)

Clockwork Motorsports
#26 - Oreo - The_Noir_Antares - @Antares26 (Manager)(Reserve)

Peckham Racing
#57 - Coyote Racing Chassies - kp_stormie - @kpstormie(Manager)

DRT Racing
#71 - DR Racing Karts - MrRacingLine - @SRT DK Racing
#84 - DR Racing Karts - Damon84c - @damonc84 (Manager)
#97 - DR Racing Karts - ERAUfan97 - @bigbeefytaco

Team .u know better
#99 - Teo_iceman - @Teo_iceman

USA Motorsports
#900 - Goodyear - Alan_2134 - @Alan_2134 (Manager)

Independent Drivers / Unaffiliated
#68 - Searays2 - @Searays2
#222 - Red Bull - LUUROX_22 - @LUUROX_22

Team Name
# Primary Sponsor - PSN ID - GTP_ID (Manager) (NP)
NP = No Points

Last edited:
RESULTS AND STANDINGS
Qualy1.png

heat1_1.png

heat2_1.png

final1.png
qualy.jpg

heat1.jpg

heat2.jpg

Final.jpg
qual.png

H1.png

H2.png

Fin.png
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180810201411.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180810203038.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180810204848.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180810211624.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180817201131.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180817202349.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180817203638.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180817205644.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180824201250.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180824203235.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180824211427.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180824214454.jpg

BKS_FinalPts.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
GTP ID: damonc84
PSN ID: damon84c
Kart Number: 84
Team Name: DRT Racing (Manager)
Primary Sponsor: DR Racing Karts
Region: Asia/Americas

Currently looking for Teammates to race under the DRT Racing Tent in both Regions. ;)

Last edited:
GTP ID: Antares26
PSN ID: The_Noir_Antares
Kart Number: 26
Team Name: Clockwork Motorsport (Manager)
Primary Sponsor: TBD

GTP ID: kpstormie
PSN ID: kp_stormie
Kart Number: 57
Team Name: Peckham Racing (Manager)
Primary Sponsor: Coyote Racing Chassis

GTP ID: bigbeefytaco
PSN ID: ERAUfan97
Kart Number: 97
Team Name: independent
Primary Sponsor: TBA

If anyone needs a teammate I’m available

GTP ID: aceboy127
PSN ID: aceboy127
Kart Number: 23
Team Name: Top Performance Motorsports(Manager)
Primary Sponsor: Dr. Pepper

GTP ID: Alan_2134
PSN ID: Alan_2134
Kart Number: 900
Team Name:
USA Motorsports (Manager)
Primary Sponsor: GoodYear
Secondary Sponsor: Pepsi

Last edited:
GTP ID: Alan_2134
PSN ID: Alan_2134
Kart Number: 900
Team Name:
USA Motorsports (Manager)
Primary Sponsor: GoodYear (Asia/Americas)
Secondary Sponsor: Pepsi (European)
Region: Both

@Alan_2134 let me check with @aceboy127 but I think we are only letting people run in one championship per entry. So you would have to choose which region you would want to compete for the championship in.

There are two races that competitors from both regions will be able to compete in both championships thou, Brand Hatch and Miyabi.

Last edited:
@Alan_2134 let me check with @aceboy127 but I think we are only letting people run in one championship per entry. So you would have to choose which region you would want to compete for the championship in.

There are two races that competitors from both regions will be able to compete in both championships thou, Brand Hatch and Miyabi.
I want be in Asia/Americas championship. Can I race in other Europe championship for no point.

Rules have been updated to allow drivers to take part in both championships but score points in only one, all rounds are now eligible for shared races for either drivers to take part in as they so choose.

@Alan_2134 your entries have now been updated

@SRT DK Racing I have added you to the entry list for the European region

@bigbeefytaco welcome to DRT Racing. :cheers:. You registration has been updated.

Rules Update:

Lobby Rules listed have been changed
  • Tire wear has been changed from x10 to x30
  • Staring Fuel has been changed to Default (found out that this only is applicable to when the race is started)
OP has been updated

Rules have been updated to allow drivers to take part in both championships but score points in only one, all rounds are now eligible for shared races for either drivers to take part in as they so choose.

@SRT DK Racing I have added you to the entry list for the European region

Damon , iam not the fastest when it comes to thinking or racing for that matter , so I first realized/figured out now that
it will be in 2 different rooms and my reason for signing up was that I wanted to race against you , ace , noir etc , and further more there isnt much fun in beeing only a few people racing eashother , so iff its possible I would like you to move me to the Asia/Americas region ........

Can I caveat my entry with: if there's only 1 other competitor in my region, that doesn't really interest me :(

Shame about MrRacingLine jumping championships, but I get it - Euro is looking pretty quiet!

Can I caveat my entry with: if there's only 1 other competitor in my region, that doesn't really interest me :(

Shame about MrRacingLine jumping championships, but I get it - Euro is looking pretty quiet!

Then you just change region like me , the race time is the same I think ?

Back