IRS Bridgestone Karting Series Season 2 | Fridays 9PM EST | Rd 5 tonight!!!

• Thread starter damonc84
  • 146 comments
Then you just change region like me , the race time is the same I think ?
I'm considering it, but 9pm EST will be 2am over here (EST isn't the same as UTC). If that's race start I could possibly consider it, but if that's room opening then no chance.

Will just have to see how many are there for Euro round 1, but I don't fancy a championship just racing myself :P

I'm considering it, but 9pm EST will be 2am over here (EST isn't the same as UTC). If that's race start I could possibly consider it, but if that's room opening then no chance.

Will just have to see how many are there for Euro round 1, but I don't fancy a championship just racing myself :P

the room opens up for me 3 o`clock in the middle of the night , I have considered changing back again again , not often the podium is a sure thing :rolleyes:

Entries have been updated.

@_ApexPredator I have moved ya to the other championship at the momen, I have discussed with @aceboy127 about scrapping the Euro Championship due to lack of entries, obviously the promise of a full lobby kart series for europe obviously has come to fruition as i was lead to beleive, maybe it can be revisited in the future.

On the lobby time, plan is to open the lobby at 8:30pm est, qualy is slated to start at 9:00pm and will try to stick to the schedule as best as possible barring any connectivity issues with competitors. We had problems in the P3 room last night and stuff like that can almost not be helped.

Alright guys, first race for Season 2 of the IRS Bridgestone Karting Series starts this Friday, here is the tentative schedule. (Times are in US Eastern Standard time)

Link to time converter for our European and Asia-Pacific Region racers - https://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_US-FL.aspx

8:15pm - 8:45pm – Room Opens, Free Practice (Track Time set to 8:00 Clear)
9:00pm - 9:10pm - Qualifying - 10 minutes (Track time set to 8:20 Clear)
9:15pm – Heat Race 1 - 7 Laps - (Grid Set by Qualifying Results, Track Time set to 10:00 Cloudy)
9:30pm – Heat Race 2 - 7 Laps - (Grid Set by Reverse Qualifying Results, Track Time set to 17:00 Fine Weather)
9:45pm – Feature Race - 13 Laps - (Grid Set by least accumulated Heat Race Points, Track Time set to 18:35 Fine Weather)

Lobby will be opened between 8:15pm and 8:45pm and hosted by @damonc84 (PSN: damon84c) , if room is opened earlier or later I will notify everyone via a post in this thread. I will also have the a Party chat open via psn (mainly for room access if needed) I will also have a Discord channel open as well for all race communications. Upon entry into the room please enter track as soon as possible so a visibility check can be done to ensure that there is no connectivity issues between racers. Once connectivity checks are completed we will start the event. I do expect everyone's livery to be in order for this event, in good faith I do not plan to do a livery check before the event but will inspect liverys via replays afterward, if you livery is not compliant I will PM you, I do not plan to hand down peneltys for this but do hope that if your livery is found to not be compliant that you have it corrected by the next race meeting. Otherwise I look forward to everybody coming to race at Willow Springs on Friday night. See ya on the grid!

DRT Racing is loaded up and ready for Friday. Looking forward to having @bigbeefytaco under the tent on a DR chassis powered by TM Racing.

20180708234144.jpg

PSN is down again , so maybe it would an idea postpone start untill next week , I know there is a long time untill start , but iam not sitting up all night waiting for something that might not happen , just read that issues on PSN apparently started for over 54 hours ago with chat issues , and it apparently just has gotten worse and worse ......

Hi everyone,

As some of you realised, I've not been online for long time. I've been very busy and travelling to 5 different countries for business.
Unfortunately I will not be able to make it for season 2. But will try, if it is ok, to participate in some races if there are some free spots.

But I'll follow season 2 here and YouTube (If someone streams) as much as I can.
And hopefully will be able to make it for the big finale.

Wish everyone of you good luck 👍

@_ApexPredator good chance you get win, hope you've sharpen your weapons. At least you will have lots of fun with the IRS team along with Searays and all the other guys. Expect lots of giggles over chat ;)

@Searays2 Without putting too much pressure on you, everything else than better ranking from season 1 will disappoint me :D good luck mate ;)

Hi everyone,

As some of you realised, I've not been online for long time. I've been very busy and travelling to 5 different countries for business.
Unfortunately I will not be able to make it for season 2. But will try, if it is ok, to participate in some races if there are some free spots.

But I'll follow season 2 here and YouTube (If someone streams) as much as I can.

@_ApexPredator good chance you get win, hope you've sharpen your weapons. At least you will have lots of fun with the IRS team along with Searays and all the other guys. Expect lots of giggles over chat ;)

@Searays2 Without putting too much pressure on you, everything else than better ranking from season 1 will disappoint me :D good luck mate ;)
Thanks coach!
It's been a bit lonely on track the last few weeks, gotta pay the bills though :)

I actually can't get online atm, so hopefully that'll clear up in a couple of hours and I can get some sharpening in ;)

Good to hear from you mate

Hi everyone,

Yes, he do not race with us anymore so, I can win a race for chance.

PSN is down again , so maybe it would an idea postpone start untill next week , I know there is a long time untill start , but iam not sitting up all night waiting for something that might not happen , just read that issues on PSN apparently started for over 54 hours ago with chat issues , and it apparently just has gotten worse and worse ......

Yes, I've heard that PSN has been having issues today. Ill be home in a few hours and will give it a try. I was working fine around 7am central time, but then again that may have been the time all the Fortnite normies may have sleeping allowing psn to breath. Lol

Room is up guys

ID is 0474-5816-9930-7044-5636

Have a PSN party up and Discord active, will be using online Racing Room 2 for comm.

Please let me know if you are having connection issues and will see what we can do. As of now we are on time.

Room is up guys

ID is 0474-5816-9930-7044-5636

Have a PSN party up and Discord active, will be using online Racing Room 2 for comm.

Please let me know if you are having connection issues and will see what we can do. As of now we are on time.
You should have a friend request from me. As of now when I enter the room ID I just hit an error screen: "The Room ID you have entered does not exist"

Update: if you cant see the room via friends search try typing in the room id, hearing some people are having issues with this.

Good racing tonight guys. Congrats to @_ApexPredator on his win in the Heats and Final at Willow Springs. Results, points and Race Report with pics will be posted sometime in the next couple of days. Thanks again guys for showing up.

Peckham Racing had a nice shakedown last night with the new Coyote in last night's revived SKSR sprint events. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Brands!

4612338113180631040_0.jpg

4612338112641664000_0.jpg

4612338110628397056_0.jpg

Hey @damonc84, sorry I couldn't reply, I have issues with the conversation system. And I was unable to message you on PSN either, ugh.
Em, you mentioned something about some decal work. Championship decals maybe?
I could help with that, championship decals without the need to scale, so all cars can have the same decals with same size/aspect ratio.

Is there a 107% rule?
I think my times aren't competitive enough to participate.

Thank You @ArtificialSky will keep in touch with ya about the decals. Regarding the 107% rule, there isnt one. lol. Your more than welcome to come practice or race with us if ya want. just make sure you register prior to race day.

_ApexPredator Dominates the Streets!!!

20180715150501.jpg

@_ApexPredator dominates Round 1 of the second season for the International Racing Series's Bridgestone Karting Series. _Apex Predator started the evening claiming pole position in Qualifying with a time of 1:11.547 around the 1.6 mile Street of Willow Springs course ahead of the DRT Racing duo of @SRT DK Racing and @damonc84 .

Heat race 1 seen action quickly with @Searays2 taking a trip in the gravel on lap 2 from the 3rd spot, That promoted Top Performance Motorsports driver @aceboy127 to the 3rd spot where he finished after 7 laps behind SRT DK Racing and _ApexPredator won ran away to a flag to flag win. Heat Race 2 seen an inverted starting grid moving aceboy127 to the top spot for the start. That advantage did not last long due to contact with damonc84 caused both to go off course with @Alan_2134 , who made his first start of the evening. That promoted SRT DK Racing to lead till the last lap when _ApexPredator made a pass for the lead in turn 1 and held it to the checkerd flag. SRT DK Racing would hold on for 2nd with Searays2 taking the 3rd spot.

20180715150355.jpg

The Final race of the night would see _ApexPredator on Pole based on his performances in the heats. The start seen him take off to a early lead while the field jockeyed for position behind. Aceboy127 would grabbed 2nd by the end of lap 1 over damonc84 and SRT DK Racing. 4 laps later damonc84 would take over the the position till lap 10 handing it over to SRT DK Racing. _ApexPredator ahead of all this, cruised to the victory for the Final starting of the season with a 9 point gap going into his home race at Brands Hatch Indy for Round 2 next Friday night.

More Pictures from IRS BKS Rd1

20180715150418.jpg

20180715150407.jpg

20180715150439.jpg

20180715150423.jpg

20180715150507.jpg

20180715150432.jpg

20180715150449.jpg

Last edited:
Updates

Round 1 Results and Championship Standing have now been posted.

Regarding Livery rules. Pretty much all of the Karts from Round 1 were out of compliance to the livery rules in the OP. I have added a "Decal Placement" spoiler to the OP so everyone can have there karts in compliance for the next round at Brands Hatch. @aceboy127 @CAB114 @Antares26 @kpstormie @Alan_2134 @_ApexPredator and @Searays2 please double check the OP to make sure that your karts are in compliance.

Last edited:
Updates

Round 1 Results and Championship Standing have now been posted.

Regarding Livery rules. Pretty much all of the Karts from Round 1 were out of compliance to the livery rules in the OP. I have added a "Decal Placement" spoiler to the OP so everyone can have there karts in compliance for the next round at Brands Hatch. @aceboy127 @CAB114 @Antares26 @kpstormie @Alan_2134 @_ApexPredator and @Searays2 please double check the OP to make sure that your karts are in compliance.
I've already got the IRS logo on the front fairing so I'm good there, but what about my Bridgestone? I'll slap a couple smaller decals on the front fairing if my large sidepod placement isn't in compliance. Just thought mine would be fine lol.

Back