IRS Bridgestone Karting Series Season 2 | Fridays 9PM EST | Rd 5 tonight!!!

• Thread starter damonc84
  • 146 comments
I've already got the IRS logo on the front fairing so I'm good there, but what about my Bridgestone? I'll slap a couple smaller decals on the front fairing if my large sidepod placement isn't in compliance. Just thought mine would be fine lol.

You can have them on the side pods if you like but its not compliant, has to be on the areas in the OP.

Alright guys, on to race 2, season 2 of the IRS Bridgestone Karting Series, here is the tentative schedule for Brands Hatch Indy. (Times are in US Eastern Standard time)

Link to time converter for our European and Asia-Pacific Region racers - https://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_US-FL.aspx

8:15pm - 8:45pm – Room Opens, Free Practice (Track Time set to 9:30 Cloudy)
9:00pm - 9:10pm - Qualifying - 10 minutes (Track time set to 10:00 Cloudy)
9:15pm – Heat Race 1 - 10 Laps - (Grid Set by Qualifying Results, Track Time set to 11:30 Fine Weather)
9:30pm – Heat Race 2 - 10 Laps - (Grid Set by Reverse Qualifying Results, Track Time set to 18:15 Clear)
9:45pm – Feature Race - 20 Laps - (Grid Set by least accumulated Heat Race Points, Track Time set to 20:00 Clear)

Track Record is held by @seslab at a 47.695 set during Qualifying

Lobby will be opened between 8:15pm and 8:45pm and will be hosted by @damonc84 (PSN: damon84c) , if room is opened earlier or later I will notify everyone via a post in this thread. I will also have the a Party chat open via psn (mainly for room access if needed) I will also have a Discord channel open as well for all race communications. Upon entry into the room please enter track as soon as possible so a visibility check can be done to ensure that there is no connectivity issues between racers. Once connectivity checks are completed we will start the event. I do expect everyone's livery to be in order for this event, I will be checking prior to qualifying to make sure everyone's livery is compliant. If it is not compliant you will be asked to correct it before qualifying starts. For qualifying I will have the Track Limit penalty set to weak, there is one maybe two places on Brands Indy that you gain a good bit of time corner cutting, so keep this in mind when making your laps. For the the race I will have this turned off. Driving options will stay at no limit for the time being. Look forward to seeing everybody Friday night, and expect some great racing from everyone.

Alright guys, on to race 2, season 2 of the IRS Bridgestone Karting Series, here is the tentative schedule for Brands Hatch Indy. (Times are in US Eastern Standard time)

Link to time converter for our European and Asia-Pacific Region racers - https://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_US-FL.aspx

8:15pm - 8:45pm – Room Opens, Free Practice (Track Time set to 9:30 Cloudy)
9:00pm - 9:10pm - Qualifying - 10 minutes (Track time set to 10:00 Cloudy)
9:15pm – Heat Race 1 - 10 Laps - (Grid Set by Qualifying Results, Track Time set to 11:30 Fine Weather)
9:30pm – Heat Race 2 - 10 Laps - (Grid Set by Reverse Qualifying Results, Track Time set to 18:15 Clear)
9:45pm – Feature Race - 20 Laps - (Grid Set by least accumulated Heat Race Points, Track Time set to 20:00 Clear)

Track Record is held by @seslab at a 47.695 set during Qualifying

Lobby will be opened between 8:15pm and 8:45pm and will be hosted by @damonc84 (PSN: damon84c) , if room is opened earlier or later I will notify everyone via a post in this thread. I will also have the a Party chat open via psn (mainly for room access if needed) I will also have a Discord channel open as well for all race communications. Upon entry into the room please enter track as soon as possible so a visibility check can be done to ensure that there is no connectivity issues between racers. Once connectivity checks are completed we will start the event. I do expect everyone's livery to be in order for this event, I will be checking prior to qualifying to make sure everyone's livery is compliant. If it is not compliant you will be asked to correct it before qualifying starts. For qualifying I will have the Track Limit penalty set to weak, there is one maybe two places on Brands Indy that you gain a good bit of time corner cutting, so keep this in mind when making your laps. For the the race I will have this turned off. Driving options will stay at no limit for the time being. Look forward to seeing everybody Friday night, and expect some great racing from everyone.

have you considered making the free practise so it aint a "waste" off time as the different times of day gives a different kind off grip :) Iam thinking as the freepractise is 30 min it would be great if there were 10min practise on each off the race times ..... just an idea :)

Novel idea, but also trying to simulate real life to the best of the games ability. Also with the time constraints of getting the room open and checking for visual and connectivity issues, not sure how doing constant room resets without doing a race will effect the lobby.

What I could do thou, after each session I can give everyone a 10 minute warm up to adjust there karts if need be after the room reset for the track time. Is that something that everyone agrees with?

Last edited:
Iam thinking that it would be great if the practise time was the same time as at least 1 of the 4 "racetimes" ......iam going to open a practise room soon if any one should want to do some practise , please join :)

Room is up guys

ID is 0474-5840-8571-1671-0980

Have a PSN party up and Discord active, will be using online Racing Room 2 for comm.

Please let me know if you are having connection issues and will see what we can do. As of now we are ahead of schedule. Due to the the track time changes from session to session I will allow a 10 minutes time gap from room reset to Race starts so everyone can get their kart settings right for the races.

Great racing from everyone tonight, tbh at one point i thought it would be anybodies race. Great run by both @_ApexPredator and @Antares26 tonight as well, defiantly the top guys to beat tonight. The final lap incident that happened was unfortunate but with lagg issues out of the control for some people happens. Me, Ace and Noir will come up with a contingency plan for the next BKS race to account for on track incidents as a result of lagg as well as Race Report, Results and more to come in the coming days.

20180721001740.jpg

P.S. Thank you also for everyone having their liveries "somewhat" compliant for tonight. :lol:

Challenge accepted.

Your got it finally by 0.048, considering that yours was made in Antares draft. In my case it was a bit disappointing since my standard qualifying are between 47.2 and 47.4, best being 47.198. Like for some other, there was too much traffic in season 1 to make a clean fast lap. Nevertheless, great job mate 👍;) hope you realise that by beating that lap time you woke up the beast in me :lol: I'll make everything possible to get the record back again with a good margin. So up to you to get some serious practice in order to avoid that :D

Other than that, have been amazed about the increase of speed compared to last season, must be the absence of goat marbles since the swiss boy wasn't there :lol::D
More seriously, really well done:tup: especially @Antares26 you picked up quite some pace 👍 just a bit shame you throwing away your almost safe first win on last turn at the main race, what permitted @_ApexPredator to catch you. ApexPredator had also a great main race, coming back after his mistake at turn 1 I guess and take the win. Looks like, at least from Aceboy's POV, you both had a great battle. Maybe Apex will post the entire main race from his POV 👍

I enjoyed to watch the race from Aceboy's YouTube channel. the comments also funny as usual :lol:

Last but not least , proud of Searays, true to himself. Comments and driving wise :lol:

Looking forward to next race, IRS Karting rules :D

Your got it finally by 0.048, considering that yours was made in Antares draft. In my case it was a bit disappointing since my standard qualifying are between 47.2 and 47.4, best being 47.198. Like for some other, there was too much traffic in season 1 to make a clean fast lap. Nevertheless, great job mate 👍;) hope you realise that by beating that lap time you woke up the beast in me :lol: I'll make everything possible to get the record back again with a good margin. So up to you to get some serious practice in order to avoid that :D
That's what I like to hear! I need you to be motivated so that then I can be motivated too, as I was also pretty disappointed with the record tbh; as you say it was in slipstream and I can do that laptime in the standard BoP kart - definitely underperforming but I'm just going to blame it on a lack of coffee :P

That little tiny contact at turn 2? Cause I didn't see any other, or have I missed any other?
Nah it was turn 3, but from my perspective there was no contact so you can't see it. It happened in Heat 1 too though =\

Would be great if it was so easy to make seslab stop beeing so fast as these goats , I want one PLEASE , but then again , I probaly wouldnt have time for driving then :)

Would be great if it was so easy to make seslab stop beeing so fast as these goats , I want one PLEASE , but then again , I probaly wouldnt have time for driving then :)

It’s not that you think they’re cool. It’s because you could have a chance to catchup with them

I seriusly doubt I will be able to participate in tonight`s race as iam going crazy because of the weather here in little denmark , we are having a heatwawe and the 55th day without a drop of water and not a wind moving here when its warmer than before 33 degrees , I dont know what to do with myself to get coled down .......

I seriusly doubt I will be able to participate in tonight`s race as iam going crazy because of the weather here in little denmark , we are having a heatwawe and the 55th day without a drop of water and not a wind moving here when its warmer than before 33 degrees , I dont know what to do with myself to get coled down .......
No race tonight. It's an off week. 👍

Years of fine-tuning those goat bells to chime in sonic-harmony across the alps; a sound only the finest Bose hardware can reproduce ;)

If anybody is interested, I'll host a fun lobby tonight! If you want to race send me a friend request since I'll run the room private. My PSN is kp_stormie

Thinking a 50 lapper at Northern Isle with the Raptor on Comfort Hard tires to simulate a dirt oval track. Raptor is full power and minimum weight, tuning allowed. Tire wear on 10x, fuel on 5x. No driving aids or TCS allowed. Caution rules apply as normal in IRS; 2 cars need to have wrecked to call a FCY.

If we have enough, we can do 2 heat races to set the inside and outside rows of the feature.

Any takers? Was gonna fire up a lobby now for practice and fire off heats if we have time at 10 PM EST.

Back