IRS GT4 Championship Season 3 - Pro Champ - Timlour, Pro-Am Champ - Clean Racer

• Thread starter Clean Racer
  • 1,018 comments
Season 4 thread has been created and posted. Season 4 will start on May 18th, 2020 but I will be hosting weekly GT4 races on Monday night.

Sign-Ups will open tomorrow - Tuesday March 24th, 2020

The weekly race format will be as follows:

• Standard BoP with no Success Ballast
  • Fuel and Tires set to x2
  • Relaxed livery requirements - please use series number board.
  • Drivers can try different cars every week if they want to see what they might want to drive during the regular Season
  • Races will be 30 to 40 minutes in length
All other settings will be the same as during the regular Season.

Please post up if you have any questions. Thanks!

It is. Camel asked this guy to do commentary starting last week. I like it, it adds more depth to the league.

Oh I get it now, "phrasing". I race in this series, I dont run it or organize it. Camel does a great job.

The league is on PS4. It's the only reason I ever fire up pcars anymore. 90% of my time is spent in gran turismo. This guy runs a really great league though. Clean racer, you are running a great league as well and your commentary is great. I'm not comparing the 2 leagues I'm just sharing because there are a lot of similarities and I figure a few of you would find it interesting. Maybe we can attract a few of these guys. They generally look down on gtsport though. Sim racing elitists lol. Their points are all valid though just poking.

I thought the endurance races started at 9 with the grid ordered by championship points? If I'm wrong then my bad

Edit: Well that was frustrating. Once again the car was decent in dirty air, any other time it was trash. I'm not sure what happened since the last season where the car was amazing, either I lost my way with it or something changed in the game but it just understeers and wears out the front tires if you even remotely turn the wheel more than you should. I think Tim short filled on his first stop and got a gap on me which I was only able to maintain for a bit, pushing VERY hard and just chewing up the tires. Then I made a mistake coming down the hill and spent some time off course. Somehow I was within spitting distance after the second stop but yet again no matter how much I pushed I went nowhere. The Mustang was untouchable in the 2nd sector, Tim would just pull away as I waited impatiently for the front tires to decide if they wanted to grip so I could get back on the gas. Made a mistake after the downhill right/left and went wide and picked up a half second penalty. Because, you know, going wide and losing time doing it isn't bad enough. After that I gave up.

Honestly with the way the world is going right now and how it's impacting me personally I probably should have just skipped the race. Outcome would have been the same.

Last edited:
Does anyone else think it’d be fun to run these cars on the Nordschielfe sometime between now and the start of the next season?

I’m looking for an excuse to get some Nurburgring track time in.

I wanted to take the opportunity to thank all of the drivers who participated in this series. The racing was phenomenal and it was a pleasure to organize the series.

I also want to apologize for dropping off the radar with regard to the Broadcasts. With the way things have been lately, both personally and with what's going on in the world, it has been tough to keep up. I plan to get those broadcasts recorded and posted at some point in the future.

Over the next couple of days I plan to confirm the last few points for the drivers who lead the 90 minutes of Spa at the 30 and 60 minute marks. If any of you have that info and can post it up it will help me finalize the points. I just haven't had the chance to review the replay yet.

That being said I have posted up some Scapes Mode photos to Congratulate the Season 3 Drivers Champions. More updates to come.

Be advised - Sign Ups for Season 4 are open!

Hey everyone - the Results and Standings Post has been fully updated.

Congratulations to FORD Performance and it's driver's for dominating the GT4 Manufacturer's Championship!

Hey everyone - the Results and Standings Post has been fully updated.

Congratulations to FORD Performance and it's driver's for dominating the GT4 Manufacturer's Championship!
Out of curiosity, can you explain a bit how the points are added up? Because if I did my calculations correctly, @Timlour still won the Pro championship, but by only 2 points. (194 to 192) Seems more points are being added in somewhere that I don't see?

Edit: I see, the drop rounds only apply to those that DNF or miss a race. Used to it applying to everyone, with your two lowest scoring rounds eliminated as well. Definitely would have made it more interesting. ;)

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, can you explain a bit how the points are added up? Because if I did my calculations correctly, @Timlour still won the Pro championship, but by only 2 points. (194 to 192) Seems more points are being added in somewhere that I don't see?

Edit: I see, the drop rounds only apply to those that DNF or miss a race. Used to it applying to everyone, with your two lowest scoring rounds eliminated as well. Definitely would have made it more interesting. ;)
In my rush to finalize things I neglected to deduct the 2 drop races. I will correct that tonight. Your calculations are correct. It was a 2 point gap in the end for the Pro Championship.

The chart will get updated tonight.

I have corrected the chart. Please check my work.

The battle between you and @Timlour was very close and on track you guys were awesome to watch. I hope to see you both back for Season 4... and maybe even some new challengers to mix it up with you.

In the Pro-Am class I had to mount a Herculean effort to overcome @DesertPenguin

Once I got comfortable with the BMW I was able to catch up. TBH though, I had a really terrible start to the Season.

Good to see @potvinsuks is racing. I met up with him at the FIA NY Event and haven't seen him online since. I didn't know you ran this series, I thought it was Camel's series.
Hey bud, hope you're doing well? That day at the GTS World Championships feels like it was an eternity ago considering all that has happened since :lol:.

Shortly after that Event I had to move and that took a solid 4 - 5 month chunk out of my Sim Racing. Then, it was my busy season at work for the next 4 months and, I ended up being out of my Rig for 6 - 7 months. It's only been about 2-3 months now where I've been slowly easing my way back in to Racing again.

I don't run Camels Premier Racing League but have been running with him and the boys there for the past 2 years. Camel is a great guy and runs a great League. It's alot like IRS where it's run very well, great competition and even better people racing in it.

The league is on PS4. It's the only reason I ever fire up pcars anymore. 90% of my time is spent in gran turismo. This guy runs a really great league though. Clean racer, you are running a great league as well and your commentary is great. I'm not comparing the 2 leagues I'm just sharing because there are a lot of similarities and I figure a few of you would find it interesting. Maybe we can attract a few of these guys. They generally look down on gtsport though. Sim racing elitists lol. Their points are all valid though just poking.
:lol: You hit the nail squarely on its head @Whitey093. However, there are still many of us in there (including me) who still love and respect GTS but, just don't have the time to be able to fully devote to both Sims. Especially, since Camels League takes quite a bit of practice and tuning needed during the week in preparation for the Races as, the seasons are short and the Cars are selected at random.

Back