IRS GT4 Championship Series - Season 2 - Timlour is our Pro Class Champion!

Which damage setting do you prefer for this series?

• Heavy Damage

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Light Damage

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I saw mentioned in a post a while back a mention of potentially going to 2 drops based on the connectivity issues, has there been any conclusion on this?
I have documented the change to 2 drop races in the "Points" spoiler tab and the "Schedule" spoiler tab. It's the only fair thing to do.

Ideas being considered for Season 3:

• 2 or more "Endurance" races. 90 minute races which payout double points and are part of an Endurance Championship within the overall Championship.
  • modifications to the points structure - not sure in what way yet.
  • mandating use of both tire compounds
  • going to a bi-weekly race schedule with a separate series run on the the in-between weeks (I won't reveal what that other series is yet)
Just some food for thought.;):gtpflag:

Guys,
I need to know how many of you are connected through "wifi". Those of you who are please post your set up and give me an idea of your conection speeds. Thanks.
I am on a wired connection but had a 50 down & 5 up cable service and was having similar problems in lobbies. One year ago, I switched to a Fiber optic service 550 down & 135 up and no more problems...:)

Incident during the race:

During last night's race @Mopowr inadvertently rear ended @SDM_Viper on lap 18 or 19 as they were going under the bridge into the hairpin. It is clear in the replay that Mopowr got his left rear tire on the grass which caused him to lose control momentarily and compromised his braking. He then rear ended Viper and caused him (Viper) to spin. None of this was intentional, however I am modifying the rules to indicate that GOING FORWARD - in scenarios like that the striking driver should wait for the driver they struck to rejoin so that they can give the position back. I realize this would cause a loss of positions for the striking driver but this is not an uncommon rule in sim racing. I will update the rules to reflect this change once I have feedback from the group.

Again, I know the incident was unintentional which is why @Mopowr will only be issued a WARNING (:ouch:) in this circumstance. Any future incidents will result in a penalty where the striking driver who fails to relinquish the position will have to start at the back of the field at the next race. If it occurs during the final event then the striking driver who fails to relinquish the position will incur a 5 point deduction/penalty and an additional race score will be dropped from their total.

Your thoughts guys?

How about a racers meeting in chat before qualifying for rule reminder? We know the rules, just sometimes we need reminded!? Just a thought?

How about a racers meeting in chat before qualifying for rule reminder? We know the rules, just sometimes we need reminded!? Just a thought?
Good idea. The only tough part about that is that we are so strapped for time that it's tough to spend even more time doing this. TBH, the driving has been really good and this one incident is not a reflection of the type of driving so far. It certainly isn't a reflection of the way @Mopowr drives. It was a racing incident.

Good idea. The only tough part about that is that we are so strapped for time that it's tough to spend even more time doing this. TBH, the driving has been really good and this one incident is not a reflection of the type of driving so far. It certainly isn't a reflection of the way @Mopowr drives. It was a racing incident.
After dealing with others in sport mode, I know everyone in this league is a great driver! I wouldn't have thought about that particular rule, because it just doesn't happen here! Quality racing!

Please find attached my connection results. I play on WiFi often because the hardwires are all built into the wall. The speed is limited by the ps4 because on my phone when I do speed test I get more or less 50 down/ 50 up. If I need to hardwire I can but it is a bit of work. I have done another series and had no issues also same in sport mode. It is just this series where I have been glitching. @Clean Racer since it seems you are on to some thoughts let me know if I should try something

Attachments

• 32113FBC-2986-443E-9A1F-E32A47B09326.jpeg
    32113FBC-2986-443E-9A1F-E32A47B09326.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 11
Does anyone have a screen shot of the the race results from BMB? I forgot to save the race results before I left the lobby...:dunce: I am working on an online spreadsheet that will track the results of our races with additional information that you might find useful. :)

Does anyone have a screen shot of the the race results from BMB? I forgot to save the race results before I left the lobby...:dunce: I am working on an online spreadsheet that will track the results of our races with additional information that you might find useful. :)
Check the series convo in the PS Messages app or in your messages on the PS4. I upload screen photos to it.

Check the series convo in the PS Messages app or in your messages on the PS4. I upload screen photos to it.
I looked at the convo but I need the screen shot from the lobby after the race is over that shows the race results including the total time of the race for each participant...:)

I looked at the convo but I need the screen shot from the lobby after the race is over that shows the race results including the total time of the race for each participant...:)
Let me check on that. I didn't host race 2 due to the techical issue. I usually take a screen shot and post it in the convo. Let me aee what I've got.

Hey everybody!

I am back from my trip. I will be hosting some practice races tonight. About 5 laps each. This track (Brands Hatch) can be awful tight in a few spots so practice around other people is a good idea. It will also serve as a good test to see if the start glitch rears its ugly head. I will open up the lobby at around 8:30 pm EST. Hope to see a lot of you there!

So do we have a solution to the connection issues, yet?
That is unknown. I will have to do test starts on race day again.

Thus far I have had no Race Start issues when the following people are present:
@Wilo28
@Mopowr
@Jeff Castillo (Canita)
@Whitey093
@Drummer79
@BassAddict
@Moby45
CleanRacer
@LedtheIron
@SDM_Viper
@RoadRageDudez (SDM_RRDZ)

It is most likely a conflict/connection issue of some sort with either @twiget56 or @racefan88

@Alan_2134 and @DesertPenguin have not attended a race yet.

What I would like to do is try to do a test start with as many people present and then have those guys not in the lobby for each test start to see what happens.

I will also be tweaking my connection settings. TBH, I never have connection issues in other people's lobbies or in Sport Mode so I'm not sure it is me.
Also, I need to host because there are certain administrative duties I need to complete before an after the race. Not to mention the fact that we are still having the issue when others host anyway.

Back