IRS GT4 Championship Series - Season 2 - Timlour is our Pro Class Champion!

Which damage setting do you prefer for this series?

• Heavy Damage

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Light Damage

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've got a practice room up if anyone's interested: IRS GT4 Championship.

Send me a friend request if you want to join: twiget56

Last edited:
Terrible news, I will not be able to race Season 2 due to a Monday night class at my college that fills in the racing schedule for me. Was hoping to partner @SDM_Viper this upcoming season, but hoping he can get some redemption and a championship this season.
Good luck with your class. It would have been great to have both of you guys racing. Especially after that great battle we had in the Season 1 finale!

An FYI about the Points System for this series (this update has also been posted in the OP):

The series will follow the points structure listed above throughout the field. Meaning: even if there are two classes, drivers will earn points for their overall finishing position. For example: the "winner" within the Pro-Am division will be awarded points based on their overall position. If they finish 5th overall but won 1st in their division they will earn 14 points, not 25 points.

This will keep the Pro_Am Championship very tight where every position gained or lost will be very meaningful. Race Hard - Race Clean!

Tonight's Race will be a Rolling Start with 1 FORMATION LAP.
  1. Speed is not to exceed 70 mph
  2. Keep a safe distance from the car in front during said formation lap.
  3. No tire warming in the final sector!
  4. Pole Position Driver chooses what side of the track to start the rcae on. Everyone else should file into position side by side accordingly. even number behind even numbers and odd numbers behind odd numbers.
  5. No overtaking before the Start/Finish line!
  6. Any incidents in turn 1 involving 3 or more cars will result in a RESTART.

Looking at the regs it looks like I have misunderstood the times. I thought the races were at 9 est which would be 8 my time which is the absolute earliest I could possibly get online. If the races start before that i cannot participate.

Looking at the regs it looks like I have misunderstood the times. I thought the races were at 9 est which would be 8 my time which is the absolute earliest I could possibly get online. If the races start before that i cannot participate.

Saturday mornings were great for me as I do not work weekends

Ready to load and ship the car to Kyoto, Japan. SDM_Viper took the #66 Mutebear Motorsports Dodge Viper GT4-R to a respectable 3rd place finish in the overall championship for Season 1. Looking forward to Season 2, he is eying a lot more hungry competition to feast on the title for Season 2. With having a nearly flawless season come to a drastic end at the final race at Suzuka. Viper says he is ready for Season 2 and the extended schedule of 10 races in the season.

Attachments

• 1D60B97B-70EE-4310-86FD-FD65020FABC9.jpeg
    1D60B97B-70EE-4310-86FD-FD65020FABC9.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 11
You are not totally wrong about that. The original time was 9pm but it was pushed back 30 minutes to 8:30pm. I would only consider pushing it back with a full consensus from everyone.

Bare in mind that the lobby opens at 8pm and qualifying starts at 8:30. It is a matter of half an hour. I am staying with that unless all parties agree to push it one half hour later. Some folks here have early morning work schedules so it impacts them as well.

It's always tough to balance these things because people's schedules vary from one to another.

About Saturdays- I have a young family and I can not justify cutting in to family time.

Hey if any of you guys are still available on Saturday nights we here at the IRS have another series about to start. It's a one-make championship with the Gr. X Renault RS01 and we've already got about 8 drivers signed up. Come check it out! Link in my signature below

You are not totally wrong about that. The original time was 9pm but it was pushed back 30 minutes to 8:30pm. I would only consider pushing it back with a full consensus from everyone.

Bare in mind that the lobby opens at 8pm and qualifying starts at 8:30. It is a matter of half an hour. I am staying with that unless all parties agree to push it one half hour later. Some folks here have early morning work schedules so it impacts them as well.

It's always tough to balance these things because people's schedules vary from one to another.

About Saturdays- I have a young family and I can not justify cutting in to family time.

Very understandable. I have an early work schedule but am only able to get on at 8pm central or after. So I am in a small box of the population it seems lol. I am usually in bed by 1am and at work no later than 6am. So yeah, not everybody wants to do that. I understand lol.

TO ALL:

I am considering changing the start time 30 minutes later! Rather than putting up a poll I would ask that everyone who is okay with this click "Like" on this post.

For those that disagree or have a conflict that causes you to drop out please post your situation up here or send me a PM.

This is what race night would look like:

• 8:30 pm Eastern - Lobby opens for practice
  • 9:00 pm 20 minute Qualifying starts
  • 9:20 pm Race Starts immediately after Qualifying
I will make the change if the majority is cool with it. It is only 30 minutes (which may be a lot, depending on people's individual situations) but it would allow a very good racer to participate.

Tonight's schedule will remain the same since I have the MX5 Challenge Race right after.

How frustrating!

The game's Qualifier Function crapped all over us. Therefore, it is out. We will be running a 20 minute qualifying and then I will manually set the grid. I had not had that problem before and I won't chance that again.

Then @racefan88 and @SDM_Viper had issues with the game glitching or disconnecting. This concerns me because it's possible that they had a conflict with another player.

I will ask that all participants clear their cache before joining the lobby next week. If we have another issue then we will restart.

I couldn't stay and fight the problem or even finish the race because I had to host the final MX5 TC race. That series is now over so no more Monday conflict.

The good news is that I was able to get a good idea of some guys overall pace. I will post up the Pro and Pro Am lists soon. Probably tonight.

Thanks to those who showed up. Hopefully the issues tonight didn't change your minds about racing in the GT4 Championship.

The "Registered Drivers" post (#3 on the first page) has been updated to list the Pro and Pro Am category drivers! Please review the list and file your complaint with me via PM.:lol:

@Wilo28 @Jeff Castillo - I have no idea whether you are at Pro or Pro Am pace. Are you available on Saturday or Sunday night for a quick test session? I will host. You just need to enter the lobby and run some laps.

@Alan_2134 @DesertPenguin I have an idea where your at.

I hope I haven't offended anyone.:cheers:
:gtpflag:

The "Registered Drivers" post (#3 on the first page) has been updated to list the Pro and Pro Am category drivers! Please review the list and file your complaint with me via PM.:lol:

@Wilo28 @Jeff Castillo - I have no idea whether you are at Pro or Pro Am pace. Are you available on Saturday or Sunday night for a quick test session? I will host. You just need to enter the lobby and run some laps.

@Alan_2134 @DesertPenguin I have an idea where your at.

I hope I haven't offended anyone.:cheers:
:gtpflag:
P.S. I am looking forward to battling you @racefan88 @Alan_2134 and @DesertPenguin ;););):gtpflag:

Back