IRS GT4 Championship Series - Season 2 - Timlour is our Pro Class Champion!

Which damage setting do you prefer for this series?

• Heavy Damage

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Light Damage

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How many of you guys are on wifi?

Also, everyone should clear their cache tonight before joining in the lobby. This helps clear up connection issues.

If you are on wifi you might want to consider a Powerline wifi extender. I've got one and it works great.

It's always nice to get a 100ft ethernet cable and snake it along the molding on your wall so it's out of the way. Wired connection is best connection.

Exactly. I NEVER use wifi for bideo games. Lol
It makes a huge difference with FPS games. Something neat about Battlefield 1 is that the scoreboard shows your ping. Mine is almost always under 50, always under 100 though. I see some people in the 200s, even high 300s and just shake my head. They're lagging all over the place.

What a nightmare! Sorry for the total failure and buzz kill tonight.

The good news is that I believe I've figured out the issue. I had loaded up saved lobby settings from BEFORE the most recent update. I came to that realization after our last attempt to start. I deleted every Saved Lobby Setup and I won't be using that feature again.

Here is what I will do going forward:

• The series start is pushed out one week. This will be done by eliminating the "Special Event" race meant to go down between Race 5 and Race 6.
  • Next week there will be no qualifying. We will use the Quali results from tonight. Anyone who didn't Quali tonight will start at the back next week.
  • At about 8:50pm next week we will run a Practice Race Start to make sure everyone can start with full control of their car.
  • Since there will be no Quali session next week we will start the race as soon as we know everything is working. Figure just after 9pm. Remember - we would normally be doing a 20 minute quali that we won't have to run next week so we are saving a little time there
Again. My sincere apologies for wasting everyone's time tonight. I was so looking forward to racing tonight. It sucks that I didn't pick up on that issue earlier.

Also, I will be moving myself up to the Pro category - my lap times tonight were more in line with that anyway.

@Moby45 @racefan88 got it. Sorry you will miss the race.

No worries. GTSport had issues, can't help that.

Funny thing, as I stated last night about it being bugs because of the recent update. Wouldn't you know it, they are updating the game again. I BET it is to fix the bugs they just made Lol

No worries. GTSport had issues, can't help that.

Funny thing, as I stated last night about it being bugs because of the recent update. Wouldn't you know it, they are updating the game again. I BET it is to fix the bugs they just made Lol

We did test @Clean Racer 's theory and opened a new lobby from scratch and worked fine.

We did test @Clean Racer 's theory and opened a new lobby from scratch and worked fine.

I was in there.

Also, not all the people who were getting stuck on grid were in there. There are several other variables that could go into it. You would have had to try it again with everybody who was in the server. Another league was running last night that a friend of mine is in and they had the same problems. Made a new lobby from scratch and then it was a different set of people who got stuck on grid.

I was in there.

Also, not all the people who were getting stuck on grid were in there. There are several other variables that could go into it. You would have had to try it again with everybody who was in the server. Another league was running last night that a friend of mine is in and they had the same problems. Made a new lobby from scratch and then it was a different set of people who got stuck on grid.
Since we won't have to run qualifying next week I want to run a trial race start. You will notice I stated that a couple of posts back. This way we can iron out the issue. Based on the test we ran after with a fresh lobby set up I think things will work out fine.

Post #2 - Results and Standings has been updated. I moved myself to the Pro division after seeing the lap times I was putting down last night in the practice session and the few practice races we ran.

Also, does anyone want to change cars? I just want to check knowing that folks got to get some laps in last night. Now is your chance to make the switch. (you have all week actually)

Also, I want to apologize again for the issues last night. I know many of you are excited to get this series going. I believe the wait will be worth it once we do get under way. I appreciate your patience guys.

I will be on-line tonight at about 9pm. If some of you want to join me to test out the race starts it would be great. I will make the lobby public to see if we get some randoms to join in as fillers. Some quick 5 lap races and then maybe a longer one at the end if you guys want to do that.

I was talking with some of the guys in chat last night and I want to put the following out there for you guys:

1. When testing in a custom lobby be sure to keep an eye on your fuel consumption. Remember that we all start the race with 75 liters - not a full tank.

2. You DO NOT have to use both tire compounds in the race. You can use just one compound or any combination of the two. If you want to start on a different compound than you used for qualifying please wait to come off track until I have manually set the grid.

3. I will post all Qualifying and Race results in the PS Message board that I have going for this series. Transparency. Feel free to check it and point out any errors I may have made.

4. I am looking for a Back Up host in case we encounter any future problems. PM me if you are interested and have experience hosting lobbies.

What a nightmare! Sorry for the total failure and buzz kill tonight.

The good news is that I believe I've figured out the issue. I had loaded up saved lobby settings from BEFORE the most recent update. I came to that realization after our last attempt to start. I deleted every Saved Lobby Setup and I won't be using that feature again.

Here is what I will do going forward:

• The series start is pushed out one week. This will be done by eliminating the "Special Event" race meant to go down between Race 5 and Race 6.
  • Next week there will be no qualifying. We will use the Quali results from tonight. Anyone who didn't Quali tonight will start at the back next week.
  • At about 8:50pm next week we will run a Practice Race Start to make sure everyone can start with full control of their car.
  • Since there will be no Quali session next week we will start the race as soon as we know everything is working. Figure just after 9pm. Remember - we would normally be doing a 20 minute quali that we won't have to run next week so we are saving a little time there
Again. My sincere apologies for wasting everyone's time tonight. I was so looking forward to racing tonight. It sucks that I didn't pick up on that issue earlier.

Also, I will be moving myself up to the Pro category - my lap times tonight were more in line with that anyway.

hoping to race of course.

Back