IRS GT4 Championship Series - Series Complete! Season 2 starts soon!!

IMPORTANT UPDATE

Organizers for the Championship have considered concerns expressed by drivers and the following changes will be made for the rest of the season (last 2 races):

-Tire wear will be lowered from 3x to 2x for the remainder of the season
-Qualifying will feature the same fuel consumption and tire wear as the race.

There have also been concerns expressed about the upcoming event. Specifically the track. There will be no change to the tracks selected for this season. However, next season's track selection will feature the inclusion of Interlagos somewhere on the calendar. In addition, two of the tracks for Season 2 will be selected via a pole of the participants. Tokyo Expressway may or may not make the cut for next season. Participants will make that call. I hear the expressway is due for heavy construction next season anyway.;)

Season 2 will have 10 races and 1 Special Event between Race 5 and Race 6.

Season 2 will also see the following change:

Drivers will have 1% ballast removed upon finishing off the podium. As opposed to finishing outside of the top 5.

EDIT!

Oh! Also...the series is moving to Monday Nights!

Last edited:
IMPORTANT UPDATE

Organizers for the Championship have considered concerns expressed by drivers and the following changes will be made for the rest of the season (last 2 races):

-Tire wear will be lowered from 3x to 2x for the remainder of the season
-Qualifying will feature the same fuel consumption and tire wear as the race.

There have also been concerns expressed about the upcoming event. Specifically the track. There will be no change to the tracks selected for this season. However, next season's track selection will feature the inclusion of Interlagos somewhere on the calendar. In addition, two of the tracks for Season 2 will be selected via a pole of the participants. Tokyo Expressway may or may not make the cut for next season. Participants will make that call. I hear the expressway is due for heavy construction next season anyway.;)

Season 2 will have 10 races and 1 Special Event between Race 5 and Race 6.

Season 2 will also see the following change:

Drivers will have 1% ballast removed upon finishing off the podium. As opposed to finishing outside of 5.

EDIT!

Oh! Also...the series is moving to Monday Nights!

I hope Monday starts at 7 pm CST or later

That is really pushing right there. I have work at 6am everyday.

Really don’t know why the dates were changed..., not at fan of it.

SDM_Viper

SDM_Viper
How does an 8pm lobby with a 8:30 pm EST race start work for everyone? That half hour earlier start time makes a big difference.

New manufacturers appear to be testing GT4 cars for a potential bid to enter the Season 2 IRS GT4 Championship. Interesting...
PS_Messages_20190904_100427.jpg

How does an 8pm lobby with a 8:30 pm EST race start work for everyone? That half hour earlier start time makes a big difference.

I should be able to work with that but it will be tight on my end, sometimes I dont get home from work until race start time.

SDM_Viper
So, the dates were changed due to the fact that I have a young family and I can no longer justify spending Saturday mornings on GT Sport when I could be hanging with them. Also, I presently host the IRS Mazda TC Challenge on Monday night so when that wraps up I can start the transition to the GT4 Championship. Just circumstance, man. I hope to see you continue to race with us but I understand if you can't.

I am not a happy camper due to a family situation keeping me from racing with you guys tomorrow...:(

Have fun and see you next week!

:cheers:
Oh no!! We are neck and neck in points! I was looking forward to battling. Have a great time with family. We can lock horns next week and in season 2

Do Monday nights work for you?

Good race today guys! The first half was intense up front! A little side by side racing never hurt! Too bad we missed some of the regular guys this week.

On to the finale next week! Suzuka! 👍👍

All right guys. I need your help finding one point. It is a crucial point. I am not with my PS4 right now so I can't check it. If any of you can look into this it will be greatly appreciated. Check my list below:

1. Catalunya Pole=Jeeves Fast Lap=Jeeves
  2. Brands Hatch Pole=Turbo Fast Lap=Turbo
  3. Nurburgring GP Pole=RRDZ Fast Lap=Viper
  4. Red Bull Ring Pole=fastone Fast Lap=fastone
  5. Monza Pole=Jeeves Fast Lap=Jeeves
  6. Autopolis Pole=Turbo Fast Lap=Turbo
  7. Tokyo Expressway Pole=CleanRacer Fast Lap=Viper
Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
All right guys. I need your help finding one point. It is a crucial point. I am not with my PS4 right now so I can't check it. If any of you can look into this it will be greatly appreciated. Check my list below:

1. Catalunya Pole=Jeeves Fast Lap=Jeeves
  2. Brands Hatch Pole=Turbo Fast Lap=Turbo
  3. Nurburgring GP Pole=RRDZ Fast Lap=Viper
  4. Red Bull Ring Pole=fastone Fast Lap=fastone
  5. Monza Pole=? Fast Lap=?
  6. Autopolis Pole=? Fast Lap=Turbo
  7. Tokyo Expressway Pole=CleanRacer Fast Lap=CleanRacer
Thanks for the help!

I'm pretty sure I had pole and fastest lap at Monza.

I am so bummed that I will miss the final race...:(

My daughter turns 36 on Sunday but she has been called into work (Nurse) so we are having her party tomorrow
at noon to take advantage of the hot weather and have one last pool party before closing the pool for the season.

I have loved racing in this series and have learned a lot watching you guys. Thanks Dave for running this and good luck heading into season 2.

I am so bummed that I will miss the final race...:(

My daughter turns 36 on Sunday but she has been called into work (Nurse) so we are having her party tomorrow
at noon to take advantage of the hot weather and have one last pool party before closing the pool for the season.

I have loved racing in this series and have learned a lot watching you guys. Thanks Dave for running this and good luck heading into season 2.

Family comes before everything so...Happy Birthday to your daughter!:cheers:

It has been really great racing with you in the series. It's too bad we could not see the drama play itself out at the end pf the season.

Back