IRS Kart Series Season 1|seslab wins the Drivers Championship|TPM wins the Team Championship

• Thread starter aceboy127
  • 197 comments
I'm hoping everyone paid attention to the schedule, but if you didn't then sorry. This week is the mid-season break, before we go to Tsukuba. Please everyone enjoy your week off and thank you all for your participation so far.

Can we make seslab a champion today because no one will beat him in next 3 races

I'm in trouble with my mechanics, they say I didn't pay them enough. They may not prepare my kart anymore, then everything can happen :)
You may have your opportunity if you practice a lot :D

Can we make seslab a champion today because no one will beat him in next 3 races
I'm in trouble with my mechanics, they say I didn't pay them enough. They may not prepare my kart anymore, then everything can happen :)
You may have your opportunity if you practice a lot :D
If @Ph1sh is able to make it we may have a good fight.

If @Ph1sh is able to make it we may have a good fight.

Let's hope 👍;)

A general question for everyone. Has been long time I didn't race Karts with the controller. Don't ask me why :lol: but had a short test on the new Dragon Trail track using the joystick. It felt very different to drive the kart. Way less twitchy. Anyone noticed the same or is it just me?

Let's hope 👍;)

A general question for everyone. Has been long time I didn't race Karts with the controller. Don't ask me why :lol: but had a short test on the new Dragon Trail track using the joystick. It felt very different to drive the kart. Way less twitchy. Anyone noticed the same or is it just me?
Yeah, it's very different from GT6 in that regard. I thought it was much easier to pick up with a controller than the previous games.

Yeah, it's very different from GT6 in that regard. I thought it was much easier to pick up with a controller than the previous games.

I guess I didn't express myself I a good way. When GTS was released karts where almost impossible to control with a controller, at least it's how it felt to me. But today, while I didn't use the controller since almost 6 months, I was able to make some pretty nice lap times, not feeling difficult at all. I thought that it could be related with the last update. Will give it a try with the wheel in a moment 👍

I guess I didn't express myself I a good way. When GTS was released karts where almost impossible to control with a controller, at least it's how it felt to me. But today, while I didn't use the controller since almost 6 months, I was able to make some pretty nice lap times, not feeling difficult at all. I thought that it could be related with the last update. Will give it a try with the wheel in a moment 👍
I haven't tried it with the latest update yet, but I plan to give it a go this evening.

I did my first run with kart in GTS yesterday. Wow that was difficult, it felt really switchy with wheel. In Pcars you can do some tuning that helps a lot for control.
I kind of remembered it was easier on gt5 and gt6 :confused:

Hi Jammy,

You're right, kart driving in GTS got completely different compared to the previous editions. Some like it, some hate it.
The most important change is the so called DOR (degrees of rotation), way way less steering input is now needed to make the kart turn.
In addition to that, the physics have also changed. More off-throttle understeer, more on-throttle oversteer.
Along with the way lower DOR, the right amount of throttle input is now crucial for fast cornering but also to avoid to go whide (understeer) or/and to spin (oversteer).
All these changes at ones makes karting on GTS a pretty challenging game.
But let's go back to DOR real quick. On GT5 and GT6 the difference in DOR between cars (in a general way) and karts, was already obvious, some adaptation time was needed when switching between them. This difference got way bigger now, which increases the need to get used to the changes in DOR considerable.
In my particular case, and having already done over 9000km (~5600 miles) with my kart in about 5 months, coming back to karts from some hours practicing in cars, I need about 30 minutes of non-stop lapping to get close to my normal pace in karts. Not even to mention how many times I crash or spin within these 30 minutes :lol:

As I've already mentioned in this thread, the best way to get used to karts is to drive exclusively these little beasts for a long time while avoiding to drive any kind of car for the same amount of time. ;)

By the way, the "twitchiness" can also be the result of GTS now setting DOR automatically to specific vehicles, which wasn't the case in GT5 and 6, at least with my G27.
Every single vehicle was "upscaled" to 1080 degrees. As an example, driving F1 cars was kind of weird with a DOR of 1080 degrees :lol: Luckily the DOR could be changed on the G27.
Karts also had a low DOR in the game. But since, like for the F1 cars, it was also "upscaled", it felt not that twitchy.
Now as mentioned, GTS does set DOR automatically, probably the reason why Logitech removed the possibility to change DOR on the G29.
DOR is now like on real racing karts. If it is better or not, anyone will have its own opinion. But what is certain is that getting a realistic DOR, will result in people using drive aids when racing karts ;)

Sorry guys for getting somehow off topic. I thought it will help some to better understand why karting got that difficult in GTS and even more with any drive aid ;)

Last edited:
2AE57F1F-C96F-4342-9FA2-DB9EDB3428A1.jpeg
Had a color change thanks to “Seslab’s Body Shop”, home of the 99 Euro paint job.

Great job. May want to re-read the livery rules though.

If you mean a specific decal, it has been removed since a couple days. I'll finalize the livery today, Searays may replace the picture by one showing the final version if it is ok for you?

If you mean a specific decal, it has been removed since a couple days. I'll finalize the livery today, Searays may replace the picture by one showing the final version if it is ok for you?
Yeah that's fine with me.

Okay...so don't think I'm gonna make it to the race tonight. Got a final project for college that needs work done so I mightl be skipping tonight. Hope y'all understand.

Okay...so don't think I'm gonna make it to the race tonight. Got a final project for college that needs work done so I mightl be skipping tonight. Hope y'all understand.
Hey no problem. If you need a break from that project you know where to find us.

Back