IRS | Toyota 86 Racing Series | Mondays 9p EST | BIG FINALE TONIGHT: Dragon Trail - Seaside II

DesertPenguin

(Banned)
United States
Long Island, New York
DesertPenguin_
y4ml5g5hAsUIJ8qTrFvogpErJgId6dIeQ2as3wiWPaSKFRmrngevC-8KE4rSPDxpwW7sn9ccGs_saHckNCpA9QIUatBbEQtoF-mHkUnH_NkPk_RqxZOLq1itcIZqOogCrANfxR676cCjS7jGNvbPlm4pEqxvqeIkghej8Pe8PSzUdwOxh3c7BtPlpJvRIiqEf7Nr2EXUQ0LQpwEVCJT9c0PLQ

86-racing-series-logo-horizontal-4-colour-1024x224.jpg

hinotoyotyafeb29-775x437.jpg

Designed to provide an entry point and training ground for up-and-coming drivers, the Toyota 86 Racing Series is all about having a level playing field which creates genuine, healthy racing, and provides genuine opportunities for talented drivers to show their skills. Like similar one-make series races, the series requires competitors to use a spec or stock car setup, ensuring that driver talent, rather than tuning ability, is key to winning.

The thing that’s really important is your race craft and racing. If you want to compete against the best, and you desperately want to be the best, every inch of effort, every single bit of resource and energy is applied to making sure your whole act is as good as it can be. That competition is the fundamental key to why we’re all here.

Below are the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules and Guidelines. I expect everyone to give it a read to ensure clean and fun racing, but most importantly a welcoming environment for new drivers to develop their skills.

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/jKPNTNY
Tinyurl link: tinyurl.com/86RS-GTP
Please include this in the room title when making practice rooms.
Car Settings
  • Car: Toyota 86 GRMN '16
  • Power: 221 HP
  • Weight: 2,392 lbs
  • Tires: Sports Soft
  • Car: 86 Gr. 4
  • Power: 352 HP (BOP on)
  • Weight: 2,751 lbs (BOP on)
  • Tires: Racing Hard
  • Fuel Map: 1
Race Format (All Times PM EST)
  • All races will be a set number of laps to a length of approx. 20 and 30 minutes respectively.
  • 9:00 - 9:25: Lobby opens and Qualifying Session begins.
  • 9:30 - 9:50: 86 GRMN Race 1
  • 9:50 - 9:55: Break
  • 9:55 - 10:15: 86 GRMN Race 2 (Reverse Grid)
  • 10:15 - 10:30: 86 Gr. 4 Qualifying Session
  • 10:30 - 11:00: 86 Gr. 4 Main Race (Grid Based on Previous Results)
  • Qualifying Procedure: Once you enter the track to qualify do not leave the track again. When you are done setting laps you must drive past the first sector for your time to count.
Lobby Settings
  • Start Type: Rolling Start
  • Boost: None
  • Slipstream Strength: Weak
  • Visible Damage: On
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Category: N-200
  • BOP: Off
  • Tire Wear: x1
  • Fuel Consumption: x1
  • Initial Fuel: Default
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
  • Race Finish Delay: 180 seconds
  • Max Power: 221HP/225pk
  • Minimum Weight: 2,392 lbs/1085kg
  • Tires: Sports Soft
  • Tuning: Prohibited
  • Ghosting During Race: Off
  • Shortcut Penalty: Off
  • Wall Collision Penalty: None
  • Wall Collision Detection: Default
  • Side Contact Penalty: Off
  • Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collision: Off
  • Replace Cars When They Leave The Track: Off
  • Flag Rules: On
  • Ghost Lapped Cars: Off
  • Driving Aids: Drive Line, ABS and TC
  • Changes for the 86 Gr. 4 Race:
    • Slipstream: Real
Livery Guidelines
  • 86 Racing Series decal must be placed on the top of the front fender next to the door. The decal can be found here: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/discover/search/decal/decal/2251741/5053044350405084696
  • Toyota decal placement and style is up to you, but should be in a place that stands out as they are the main series sponsor.
  • International Racing Series (IRS) decal can be placed anywhere on the car as long as it stands out somewhat. Here are two options for use: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/my-library/decal/decal/3929034/6124913098432217088 or https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/my-library/decal/decal/3929034/6278035477573435392
  • Two Dunlop decals on the front bumper and on the rear bumper, below the headlights and rear lights. They must be the in-game default Dunlop decal
  • Racing number placed on the front and rear license plates. First place a blank decal (of your desired color) to cover the GRMN logo, then place your number decal(s) on top of that. Again, any color you like. For the 86 Gr. 4 there is no license plate so the requirement changes to a number on the rear of the car.
  • Racing number must be placed under the 86 Racing Series decal on sides of the car
  • OZ Racing decal placement and style is up to you
  • Windshield Banner is required, white or black is up to you
  • Wheels must be default or any OZ Racing brand wheels
  • Below is a preview of what a car might look like with the bare necessities:

Points System
  • 1st - 25 points
  • 2nd - 23 points
  • 3rd - 20 points
  • 4th - 18 points
  • 5th - 15 points
  • 6th - 12 points
  • 7th - 10 points
  • 8th - 9 points
  • 9th - 8 points
  • 10th - 7 points
  • 11th - 6 points
  • 12th - 5 points
  • 13th - 4 points
  • 14th - 3 points
  • 15th - 2 points
  • 16th - 1 point
  • If you retire from a race or the night as a whole you will receive last place points for each race you do not finish. Last place in this context means of the total number of drivers, not last place as in 1 measly point. This helps those with real life issues maintain mathematical contention in the championship.
Registration
  • If you are interested in joining, please post in the thread that you'd like to sign up and include your PSN ID and racing number.

If you have any questions, concerns, or comments please feel free to bring them up. We will work together to come up with ideas and I along with the IRS Series Organizers will try our best to do what's best for everyone.

Last edited:
Common Rules and Guidelines
  • Every driver is expected to adhere to the gtplanet forums code of conduct.
  • Public verbal attacks against any IRS member, whether thru the forums, in-game lobbies, or voice chats is strictly prohibited.
  • During races, use of the in-game chat for any reason besides communicating with race officials is strictly prohibited.
  • IRS reserves the right to punish any of its members should they exhibit disruptive, offensive behavior that ruins the experience of others.

Racing Guidelines
  • Clean, fair racing is expected from all drivers at all times.
  • Contact between cars is permitted so long as contact does not result in another car going off track, damage to another car, or any outcome where contact is deemed excessive.
  • When defending track position, drivers are only allowed to make one move in defense.
  • Excessive defending constitutes to illegal blocking.
  • Overtakes are expected to done fairly and cleanly. Overtaking drivers are expected to use their better judgment to ascertain whether or not they have gained control of the racing line.
  • If contact is made that results in another car going off-track, the offending car is expected to surrender track position to the other car involved in the incident as soon as possible.
  • A car rejoining the track after going off-track must rejoin the track in a safe manner. Approaching cars will have the right of way over cars that are rejoining.
  • Heavily damaged cars are expected to stay off the racing line until they get back to the pits for repairs (for Heavy damage settings), or until the auto-repair completes (for Light damage settings). Cars coming around heavily damaged cars are expected to safely get around these cars.
  • Lapped cars are expected to give way to faster cars at the soonest possible opportunity and are not allowed to interfere with any on-track battles between faster cars. It is the responsibility of lapped cars to be aware of faster traffic coming through. Lapped cars deemed to have impeded faster traffic will be penalized.
  • Driving backwards on track is strictly prohibited at all times and results in an immediate disqualification and possible suspension from the series and/or the organization.
  • All cars are expected to be moving forward on track unless recovering from an incident.
  • Bump drafting is permitted on all tracks within reasonable circumstances.
  • Intentional or payback actions will be harshly penalized.
  • At least two tires must be kept within track limits at all times.
  • Generally, track limits are represented by either the white lines or the kerbs wherever present on track. However, these rules may be adjusted depending on the track and in doing so will be properly specified by the series organizer.
  • A car with two tires on the defined track limits is already considered having two tires off-track.
  • If a car gains an advantage by going over track limits, drivers are expected to reduce speed just enough to negate any potential advantage gained. Repeated instances of gaining an advantage by exceeding track limits results in a penalty.
  • Any overtake done by exceeding track limits is considered an illegal overtake and any offending are cars expected to immediately return the position(s) gained. The only exception to this rule is when the overtake is performed in avoidance of an accident that occurred ahead.
  • Crossing the white lines at pit entry and/or pit exit results in a penalty.
  • Cautions and Restarts can be called only if incidents involving at least three cars occurs at the following situations:
  • If during the race start up until the first two corners, a Race Restart can be called. All cars involved must type C in the in-game chat, at which point the race director will type out R to signal a race restart.
  • If at any point in the race besides the race start and the final lap, a Caution Period can be called. All cars involved must type C in the in-game chat, at which point the race director will type out C to signal the start of the caution.
  • Race Restarts can only be done up to two times every race. Any race start incidents during the second restart will only result in a Caution Period.
  • Caution Periods will last only two laps, the current lap followed by one full caution lap.
  • Pace speed under caution is 80mph/130kph. Cars are expected to drive single-file, giving adequate space to the cars ahead until close to the restart.
  • Restarts from caution are single file, and race leader can accelerate back to racing speed at anytime in the designated restart zone.

• Causing a collision: 15s penalty
  • Illegal blocking: 5s penalty
  • Illegal overtake: 10s penalty
  • Unsafe rejoin on track: 5s penalty
  • Impeding faster traffic: 10s penalty
  • Gaining advantage by exceeding track limits: 15s penalty
  • Crossing Pit Entry line: 5s penalty
  • Crossing Pit Exit line: 10s penalty
  • Poor Driving Standards*
  • Unsportsmanlike Behavior*
*Handed at the discretion of IRS officials, and can range between points disqualification, a number of race suspensions or outright ban from the series and/or the organization.
We expect all drivers to follow the GTP OLR and pursue good racecraft at all times. If you're not sure what good racecraft is, watch this video. It can be summed up in one simple 'Golden Rule' of motorsports: It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free.

If you ever feel that a driver is not following the rules, please wait until racing is completed for the night and then file an Incident Report. Our Stewards will review the incident and issue the appropriate penalties.

To file an Incident Report, start a conversation with @DesertPenguin, @aceboy127, and @Herimopp89 including the GTP ID of the accused driver(s), Race # and Lap #. Reports must be filed in this way or they will not be recognized. Please try to report any incidents as soon as possible to ensure a speedy review and further expedite the points scoring.

• Use of the stock livery is prohibited and will be promptly penalized.
  • Offensive decals and livery themes are prohibited and will be promptly penalized.
  • Placement of number decals is regulated, but drivers are free to choose their own number plate and number decal designs, as long as they are placed within the regulated areas and are easily visible to other cars and on replay camera.
  • Drivers are allowed to use different race liveries throughout the season, however drivers are only restricted to one livery per race weekend. Race officials must also be informed before the day of the race when drivers intend to use different race liveries. Abrupt livery switches will not be permitted.
  • Cars with incorrect/misplaced/missing number plates, unacknowledged livery switches will earn a warning/penalty if violations are repeated.

Last edited:
Season Schedule
Season 8:
June 24:
Blue Moon Bay - Infield A
July 1: Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa+Miyabi II
July 8: Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop
July 15: Sardegna - Road Track B
July 22: Red Bull Ring - Short
July 29: Dragon Trail - Seaside II

Season 1:
Oct 2: Mount Panorama - 16:30
Oct 9: Brands Hatch GP Circuit - 18:15
Oct 16: Autodrome Lago Maggiore West - 18:15
Oct 23: Red Bull Ring - 15:15

Season 2:
Week 1 - Nov. 7: Autodrome Lago Maggiore West............Race 1: 11:30 | Race 2: 18:15
Week 2 - Nov. 14: Fuji International Speedway GT...........Race 1: 12:00 | Race 2: 17:15
Week 3 - Nov. 28: Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa...............Race 1: 15:30 | Race 2: 19:00
Week 4 - Dec. 5: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya.............Race 1: 10:30 | Race 2: 19:30

Season 3:
Week 1 - Dec. 12:
Tsukuba Circuit (13 Laps)...................................Race 1: 07:00 | Race 2: 10:00 | Race 3: 14:00
Week 2 - Dec. 19: Willow Springs: Streets of Willow (10 Laps)......Race 1: 08:00 | Race 2: 10:00 | Race 3: 18:35
Week 3 - Dec. 26: Monza No Chicane (7 Laps)................................Race 1: 08:00 | Race 2: 19:30 | Race 3: 20:30
Week 4 - Jan. 02: Dragon Trail - Gardens (7 Laps)..........................Race 1: 08:00 | Race 2: 13:00 | Race 3: 17:00

Season 4:
Pre-Season - Jan. 9 -
Test Session
Week 1 - Jan. 16: Suzuka Circuit - East Course (19 Laps)
Week 2 - Jan. 23: Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A (13 Laps)
Week 3 - Jan. 30: Red Bull Ring - Short Track (19 Laps)
Week 4 - Feb. 6: Tokyo Expressway - South Outer Loop (9 Laps)

Season 5:
Week 1 - Feb. 20:
Nurburgring GP (8 Laps) .........................................Race Times: 08:00 | 15:00 | 19:30
Week 2 - Feb. 27: Lago Maggiore - West (11 Laps) .............................Race Times: 06:10 | 18:15 | 21:00
Week 3 - Mar. 06: Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya (9 Laps) ...............Race Times: 08:00 | 12:00 | 15:00
Week 4 - Mar. 13: Dragon Trail - Seaside (9 Laps) ...............................Race Times: 08:00 | 10:00 | 16:30
Season 6:
March 27th:
Autopolis - Short Course.....................................Race Times: 09:00 | 12:00 | 16:00
April 3rd: Tsukuba Circuit........................................................Race Times: 07:00 | 12:00 | 18:00
April 10th: Brands Hatch Indy Circuit.....................................Race Times: 11:30 | 18:15 | 20:00
April 17th: Tokyo - Expressway Central Outer Loop...............Race Times: 06:50| 12:45 | 18:00

Season 7:
Round 1 - 4/29: St. Croix B
- GRMN: 6 Laps | Gr. 4: 24 Laps
Round 2 - 5/6: Dragon Trail: Gardens - GRMN: 10 Laps | Gr. 4: 30 Laps
Round 3 - 5/13: Autodrome Lago Maggiore: East - GRMN: 12 Laps | Gr. 4: 34 Laps
Round 4 - 5/20: Kyoto: Yamagiwa - GRMN: 10 Laps | Gr. 4: 29 Laps
Round 5 - 5/27: Suzuka Circuit - GRMN: 8 Laps | Gr. 4: 20 Laps
Round 6: 6/3: Fuji International Speedway - GRMN: 9 Laps | Gr. 4: 25 Laps

Last edited:
Championship Points

Season 8:

QeZnMT0.png

TgA89q0.png
*Bold scores are eliminated

xUeQbD3.jpg

4QuJx6m.jpg

L0K3TfD.png

doqSfxm.png

Season 7:
7wxBJDI.png

Last edited:
Oh what the heck, go ahead and sign me up. Don't know if I am going to be able to do all the races this time around, but would love to participate.

I will probably not be able to make too many races but sign me up just in case. During the week it’s a bit of a crap shoot if I have availability but in the moment if I am free and there’s room I’ll jump in.
Glad to have you when we can

Fastone371, lobby 2, I have the #3 Dunlop sponsored car.
Welcome back!

Last edited by a moderator:
I added a poll asking which night people prefer. This is for anyone already here and to the general public. I'd like to get an idea of which night more people are available for. I can do either one and I know Tuesday can be iffy with how PD does their maintenance schedule. Would everyone be able to run on Wednesday instead if we changed it?

@DesertPenguin i will do my best to make these races, but i might not be able to every week, so be aware.
My life is about to get very busy these next couple months (i.e. i bought red dead redemption 2:lol:).
Seriously though, I have a lot of family and travel related things coming up so i wont be able to practice much.

@DesertPenguin i will do my best to make these races, but i might not be able to every week, so be aware.
My life is about to get very busy these next couple months (i.e. i bought red dead redemption 2:lol:).
Seriously though, I have a lot of family and travel related things coming up so i wont be able to practice much.
Life is life. Show up when you can. :cheers:

I have a lobby up with a tinyurl link as the lobby name which links to this thread. I will keep it up whenever I am away from my PS4 as a billboard of sorts. It's all the settings of the first race so look for it if you're ever looking to practice.

I'm having trouble with the first logo image showing up on my browser. It works on my phone but not my laptop. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?

In this thread. The firs post starts with an image of the Toyota 86 Racing Series logo, and below that I put an image of the cars with a trailer. For some reason the first image is just
[ IMG ]

Edit: I found a new image link and it's all good now.

Last edited:
Series Announcement

Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya has arrived but it has not brought any track variants along with it. This means our Season 2 Finale will be at the full GP course of Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya. I will set time of day after some testing.

Back