IRS VW Scirocco Cup Season 1 | Tuesdays 9PM Eastern | Season Completed - Thanks to all who raced!

I am concerned about loosing participants now that this has come up. I am inclined to mimic the Superbug series. Here is what the remainder of the schedule would look:

Round 5 - Sprint - Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace (12 Laps x 2 @ 16:45 Track Time) - January 8
Round 6 - Sprint - Suzuka Circuit (11 Laps x 2 @ 07:45 Track Time) - January 15
Round 7 - Enduro - Nurburgring 24H (6 Laps @ 19:30 Track Time) -January 22

I am still going to host races on Tuesday nights. They would just be one off events featuring different cars. This would help me get a feel for what the next series would be. I am inclined to run some multiple race sprint events and one semi-endure mixed in. These would most likely be spec races (one make) with no tuning so drivers don't have to worry about preparing for these things. Just some racing for fun and bragging rights. What do you guys think?

Sorry guys. I used the wrong dates. Races are still on Tuesdays...post corrected.

Last edited:
If it helps, my intention is not to fire gran turismo up again in 2018 with one exception which is a one off snail holiday event. My understanding has been that this is a support series for superbug and will follow the superbug schedule so I have planned on the break all along. I will see you all again on track next year.

Friday nights are less than ideal, Tuesdays are much better for me. I can’t guarantee I’ll be able to make all of the remaining races. I’ll try the best I can to finish out the series though.

URGENT NOTICE:

Guys - I made a huge mistake. It's still going to be Tuesday nights. I'm very distracted at work. Will updat the OP when I get home. Races are to resume on Tuesday January 8th.

OP Updated -
Tuesday January 8th - Interlagos
Tuesday January 15th - Suzuka
Tuesday January 22nd - The Ring 24hour layout (6 laps)

Also, since there is no official race in the Scirocco tonight I will be hosting two 12 lap sprints at Nurburgring GP in the BOP'd Megane Trophy race car. Anyone is welcomed to join. We will run a quali session for the first race and reverse grid order (finishing order) for the second race. No Tuning, RH tires, 2x tire wear, 2x fuel.

Can we just run the Nurb24hr tonight? :dopey:
You guys need the practice, this car is awesome on it! :mischievous:

Lets do it!

Edit: see your new post. GP track is so bland. How about the 24hr. Yeah, yeah, yeah:P:lol::D:cheers:

8359341730659598368_23.jpg
Ready!

I know we don't com back until next week but was anyone ready to to race this week for a practice round? Could be fun.

Hey all, Happy New Year!

I will be hosting a 1 off event tonight as sort of a preview of the next Tuesday night weekly series.

I'm calling it Flat 4 Super Cars for now. Post up if you're interested in trying the car out with me tonight.

We will be back next week with the Sciroco at Interlagos.

Only time I raced it was on a Tokyo track. As long as it's not one of those it should be fun 👍
Tag everyone just to make sure they see it

Last edited:
Back