is anyone playing online?

• Thread starter TheMoose
  • 8 comments
RaceVW14 GTP_TheMoose for GT5P
Who needs a xbox? I gotta PS3!
the last few times I went online there wasn't but 50 people online!!
It was hard to find a good race so I started my own, after an hour I had 11 people in there with me but it seems like there aren't a lot going online.

Or is it just the times I'm on?

I got online to play at 10:30 PM central time on a Saturday night & there was 49 people online!!

Come on guys you can't be tired of this game already!!

Word is starting to spread on just how great this game is. Let people you know how much you like the game, and I'm sure you'll see the numbers grow, certainly among your friends network, so you can arrange races with them. Possibly start a new F1 racing league. 👍

I got online to play at 10:30 PM central time on a Saturday night & there was 49 people online!!

Come on guys you can't be tired of this game already!!

Well for me this is the 1st F1 game I've put any concerted time into since whatever the first one was that came out for the original PS. Therefore as a prior GT addict the only track going in that I really had any prior knowledge of was Monco & Suzuka. So right now I'm intentionally trying to dedicate my time to learning the 17 or so other tracks by playing the TT, Career and GP Weekend modes.

Not to sound like a :scared: little kitty, but it just seems to me that I need more track exposure to be of much use, or rather less of a projectile, online. I mean let's face it, playing GT1 through 4 for countless hours has done wonders for my driving abilities but about jack all for my true racing skills (F1 taught me right quick that just about all my prior GT passing techniques are now nothing but great ways to DNF). So that's the long winded explanation why one doesn't see me there more often ;)

It's still pretty thin but it's not that hard to get a 1/2 field of drivers.
One nice thing is very few "kids" that just want to crash everyone.

I keep getting disconnected!
It's a PIA when I'm the host & get disconnected out of a game I set up!:grumpy:

I'm online fairly regularly now. Good fun. The only really annoying things are 1 (and a big ONE at that) the damn collision lag :banghead: and the 🤬 that clearly wreck you on purpose. For instance when you are passing them clean on a long straight and just as you nose ahead of'em you suddenly find yourself spinning into a wall :rolleyes:

Apart from those niggles, great fun most of the time 👍

To answer your question Moose, one of the main reason you'll not found plenty of players to play against, like in other games : FOCE don't provide worldwide servers. If you are in Europe, you can't race against me (lucky you :) ) !!!!

Back