Is GT Sport going to increase payouts?

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 153 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can play the game however you want. The point is, it can be achieved pretty quickly if you really want to to so.
Since I'm level 46 and with lots of mileage points I drive cars only to have fun and make photos. The grind stops me from doing so.
I'm not saying that we should have all cars for free, but that we will not need to spend days just to buy a car.

If you want to grind for 10 hours, fine. I won't.
Well if you want something, well you just have to put in some work like grinding to get what you want. If you don't want to grind, that means you don't really need it.

Well if you want something, well you just have to put in some work like grinding to get what you want. If you don't want to grind, that means you don't really need it.
A single FIA race is multiple times the effort and work that you would put into your grind.

Haha ok gotcha. And @TurismoBad I agree 100%. I’m not saying completely overhaul everything. Just a little higher payout would be nice. I think you’re spot on with the 50%/100% idea
All the payouts are fine 👍 and there is no need to increase them.

Wouldn't be an issue if people didn't obsess over cars like the Miura and the 250 GTO, which are almost worthless for Sport racing.

What a bizarre attitude to have about this. You can’t penalize people for enjoying certain cars, especially historical ones.
I understand it's cool to have classic cars, but they don't help you much when it comes to competitive racing. I respect the cars that were groundbreaking, but I'm referring to them in the context of the game.

I do feel like sport mode needs to increase its payout. I mean I only do Sport Races, I started off with the collectors edition bonus and I'm now at 100-200k credits left? I'd love to be able to exchange my mileage for currency at a decent rate (One where e.g. if its 1 credit for 1 mileage I don't mind paying 1.5 mileage no idea what the actual currency exchange would be). In fact I'd just take being able to sell my duplicate daily rewards as a compromise.
Yes and this comes off as weird to me.

Most online focused games i know increases the payouts by huge amounts when playing, well, online as opposed to offline. In some games it's even doesn't reward you if you playing offline.

Of course the latter I wouldn't want to be in any GT titles. But you know what I mean.

I understand it's cool to have classic cars, but they don't help you much when it comes to competitive racing. I respect the cars that were groundbreaking, but I'm referring to them in the context of the game.

That’s kind of what tuning is for. Many of those cars are probably drivable and competitive with the right setups.

Why should it? The payouts are fine as is.

You really think that a game focused on online multiplayer should have the worst rewards for participating in online multiplayer?

Even with clean race bonus I can only earn max 100k per hour with daily B races when I drive my best vs 2 mil per hour grinding some mindless offline race without any effort. I probably do far more sport races than most people on here and still have to resort to grinding offline races if I want the expensive cars.

I know this has been talked about before, but with more high end (read:expensive) cars in the mix than before, and having watched GT6 increasing payouts as the game aged, I think it’s fair to ask this question. We have the two Ferraris - P4 and 250 GTO, the Jag and the Ford Mark IV all coming in at $20,000000 each, a Shelby and Lambo at $15,000000 and a newly added Alfa worth $10,000000 (there may be others I’m forgetting) - if my math is right that’s $120,000000.

Now, if we’re very good at grinding we could reasonably get about $750,000 in an hour. If we want just one $20 million car that is (rounded up) to 27 hours. 27 hours of just grinding and nothing else - and no buying anything else. Want all the 20 million cars? That’s 81 hours. All the really expensive cars? 160 hours. Of grinding. And nothing else.

If these cars were half the price, it would feel a lot better. Obviously, that won’t happen. But if we had, say, the login bonus like GT6, we could seriously cut down on the time it takes. Maybe you don’t care about these cars - and that’s fine. But as someone who loves these things, I’d love to find a way to drive them all before the next GT is out. And as for the daily reward, I’ve acquired over 100 gift cars with my most expensive one being a Shelby Cobra. I don’t know, maybe I’m overblowing this a bit, but I’d love to see the payouts changed. These cars SHOULD be difficult to acquire. But maybe not this difficult

The main issue with these cars are their price makes it difficult to earn enough to buy them by playing online. PD should use these cars to get more people to play online. Create a milestone, let every race completed online add to the milestone, every Q lap done, every clean race. When the milestone is complete, the game creates a unique wheel of fortune with Unicorn cars you do NOT own and rolls the dice.

Use the milestone bonus to teach how to drive online, more added to the milestone when qualifying for a race, milestone bonus for 1-3-5-10-15-20 races pr day. Milestone bonus for doing all 3 races. Milestone for joining FIA races. Milestone for racing different cars in every race. Milestone for 30 clean passes. Adjust the milestone bonus so that the majority of bonus comes from completing races online and let everything else be small bonuses.

This would be a classic reward system seen in every modern online game that keeps players interested and active, i would personally prefer the bonuses to change during the week and be something you had to activate by picking the challenges personally. This is totally out of the Destiny and WoW book.

You really think that a game focused on online multiplayer should have the worst rewards for participating in online multiplayer?

I feel like they did this deliberately. GT Sport is online focussed. They expect more people to do that.

Its only inadvertently thru their odd gameplay mechanics that certain races yield 300-400k etc. well in excess of online earnings.

I feel like if PD wanted to increase earnings or made these cars easier to obtain, we would've seen it by now.

My theory is that they are purposefully introducing these 20 million cars back from GT5/6 one at a time to keep veteran players play longer, because single player is just so barebones and could be finished within a week.

I feel like they did this deliberately. GT Sport is online focussed. They expect more people to do that.

Its only inadvertently thru their odd gameplay mechanics that certain races yield 300-400k etc. well in excess of online earnings.

For the vast majority of people playing the game online even the easy offline races yield more credits pr played minute. You do not have to grind with special setups etc to earn more credits faster than you do online. And the risks are far less offline than online.

they introduced micro transactions but people are expecting payout increase? LOL
thats a good point.

I think i have all the vr drivable cars except the daytona. I had to play the game in tv mode to afford all those cars, that is/was unfair.
Had micro transactions existed sooner? I would still rather grind play the game to get the rewards.

OVER 2 million/hr? How? The Blue Moon race is still probably the highest payout. I believe that gets $375,000/race at about 15 minutes per race. That’s 1.5 million at best. And you have to get a clean race bonus - which is never a guarantee when racing with AI. The nostalgic car challenge nets about $250,000 for about the same time, but at least it’s interesting.

@Lebowski I should’ve titled it ‘should GT increase payouts?’ I realize no one knows. But I have a suspicion they will eventually.
12 minutes at worst. I can get 1.8 million with my McLaren F1 at N500 in 11:35 to 11:45. It is really easy to get the clean race bonus with this car. Other cars can get more with lower N ratings. It is very easy, and very boring but doable.

Payouts are not even remotely reasonable in this game which is why this sort of grindfest is required to get the really expensive cars, which in my case have now appeared four times in five days after 26 miles and in each case I've got the car after it.

Last edited:
alp
Indeed. It is an effort whether you enjoy yourself or not.

Is it though? If I'm enjoying myself, I don't notice the effort I'm putting in. Grinding on the other hand, I'm counting the corners down until the tedium ends and it's that jaded an experience, I turn the game off.

Taking solace in the fact I'd barely ever drive the expensive cars if I had them. They'd just collect dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back