Is GT Sport going to increase payouts?

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 153 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, if we’re very good at grinding we could reasonably get about $750,000 in an hour. If we want just one $20 million car that is (rounded up) to 27 hours. 27 hours of just grinding and nothing else - and no buying anything else. Want all the 20 million cars? That’s 81 hours. All the really expensive cars? 160 hours. Of grinding. And nothing else.
you can get $750,000 in less than 30 mins. About 25 actually.

Wouldn't be an issue if people didn't obsess over cars like the Miura and the 250 GTO, which are almost worthless for Sport racing.
That's PD's fault.
You get these one-make race where the game pretty much lets you use the car yet they never bothered to make some one make featuring the expensive ones. And now they're weekly so that's worse.

I feel like they did this deliberately. GT Sport is online focussed. They expect more people to do that.

Its only inadvertently thru their odd gameplay mechanics that certain races yield 300-400k etc. well in excess of online earnings.

That would be true for driving a low spec car on BMB, however the new nostalgic cup is GR.X, no bonus there yet an even bigger payout than BMB with N300 vs N1000. Perhaps there PD thought, since you already have one 15 mil car, go ahead and grind for the rest.

A daily B lasts as long as the nostalgic cup on Sarthe for less than 10% of the winnings. Actually nearly all GT League races earn more credits per hour even without the bonus mechanics.

The sport section feels very under cooked. Flat payout structure no matter if you are D/E or A+/S it's equally bad. 105k for a win at a daily C is about the most you can get or 300K per hour with the clean race bonus. And the only way to consistently get that is to tank your ratings.... There is no reward incentive to drive clean apart from a fickle 50% clean race bonus that anyone can take away with a little tap from behind. You earn more by driving bad and still PD expects people to behave online!

It all feels a bit like a social experiment with the payout and penalty system. How far can we push people until they give up driving clean or playing online :lol:

I dont mind that some cars are expensive and takes time to obtain.

The problem is the only realistic way to get them is driving in very boring offline events, where there are only a handfull different options to get a decent amount of credits / hourly.

All they have to do is make it posibel to earn the same kind of credits in other game modes.

Heck I wouldent mind if all the cars costed double of what they do now.

All I ask let me earn Similar credits in Sports / Lobby / Time trial modes. So I can enjoy the game in my prefered mode, and still slowly earn credits so I could buy one of these cars once in a while.

I agree that the payout, particularly in Sport Mode, should be increased.

But if you think that PD don't read these pages you are fooling yourself.
And when they read that people earn millions of credits overnight while sleeping, you've only got yourselves to blame regarding credits being set the way they are.

They should make the races more rewarding, or change the price of cars to a 5 million maximum. That way most people would be able to get and enjoy racing all the cars. Especially as the people who played the first GT games get older and have less time to grind for cars.

You really think that a game focused on online multiplayer should have the worst rewards for participating in online multiplayer?

Even with clean race bonus I can only earn max 100k per hour with daily B races when I drive my best vs 2 mil per hour grinding some mindless offline race without any effort. I probably do far more sport races than most people on here and still have to resort to grinding offline races if I want the expensive cars.
But we shouldn't be paid 2 million an hour for ANYTHING.

The premium sports lounge grind? I cant be clean what so ever. I only get the 109% car handicap and that's all.
I use the McLaren F1 that gives me 109% I always get the bonus. There is so much performance in that car that you can slow down to avoid AI cars when needed.

It is really easy to do.

I spent the better part of 6 months on GT Sport in the campaign mode exclusively, because I only had about twenty minutes per day on the PS4 and wanted to use it to earn credits and experience. Sport mode doesn't give me any, especially as I am mostly a back-marker. That's ludicrous, illogical game design for a title that thrives on its online participation.

I can only guess they thought keeping pay-outs low would increase longevity for people? But then introducing high payment GT league events undermines that completely. It's a clear sign that PD are not really playing with a full deck.

I use the McLaren F1 that gives me 109% I always get the bonus. There is so much performance in that car that you can slow down to avoid AI cars when needed.

It is really easy to do.
I know but if Im not in sport mode, I have no patience. I just wish we had another nurburgring pit glitch for credits again...

I have an idea... why not simply make discounts on some expensive cars? The cars would change every week or so, like in the mileage store.
In gta 5 rockstar giving discounts on properties, cars etc for limited time. It would be great if pd does the same.

I dont mind that some cars are expensive and takes time to obtain.

The problem is the only realistic way to get them is driving in very boring offline events, where there are only a handfull different options to get a decent amount of credits / hourly.

All they have to do is make it posibel to earn the same kind of credits in other game modes.

Heck I wouldent mind if all the cars costed double of what they do now.

All I ask let me earn Similar credits in Sports / Lobby / Time trial modes. So I can enjoy the game in my prefered mode, and still slowly earn credits so I could buy one of these cars once in a while.
Yup, that would be a game changer, for me at least.

I quit Daily races a long time ago because it was too little reward, not enough incentive and too much risk. Also not fun with incorrect penalties and dirty drivers.

But if I had some more motivation, like getting reasonable money for trying to put in a good qualifying time so I had a good start position, then I’d be playing much more than I do now.

The credits system is poorly executed. The payout for sport races should be approximately 50k. Also, the daily gift car is pointless without the ability to sell it!

I think payouts will increase when GT Sport 2 is nearing. Then many people will log back in to be able to enjoy the cars they were never able to before and that increases player engagement. And the higher the engagement, the more likely purchase of a sequel.

I don't understand why anyone tries to defend the low payouts/20M credit cars. I've put over 180 days and over 200 hours into GT Sport, including 94 Sport mode victories, every launch day event and most of GT League, and I've only won about 35M credits in total. So not even enough for two of the 20M cars, not to mention the others at 10-15M. Does that really sound fair to anyone? It's ridiculous.

You should absolutely NEVER have to grind some offline campaign mode race over and over to get a decent amount of credits. Performing in Sport mode races, whether it's winning, podiums, top 6, top 10, etc. should 100% provide more credits than beating the same uncompetitive AI over and over. Complete ass backwards thinking from PD as usual.

I don't understand why anyone tries to defend the low payouts/20M credit cars. I've put over 180 days and over 200 hours into GT Sport, including 94 Sport mode victories, every launch day event and most of GT League, and I've only won about 35M credits in total. So not even enough for two of the 20M cars, not to mention the others at 10-15M. Does that really sound fair to anyone? It's ridiculous.

You should absolutely NEVER have to grind some offline campaign mode race over and over to get a decent amount of credits. Performing in Sport mode races, whether it's winning, podiums, top 6, top 10, etc. should 100% provide more credits than beating the same uncompetitive AI over and over. Complete ass backwards thinking from PD as usual.
Well if you want that car , well you need to win some credits like winning races and it is not hard to do that and try all different cars in the game.
You know why players want better payouts, because they want everything in the game ASAP.

Credits, and rewards in general, need to be significantly improved for just Sport Mode only. For what is supposed to be the primary mode of play for the game, the rewards given are not enough for the average player to remain motivated enough to keep participating in and finishing races, as well as keep on playing Sport Mode races.

Say if a player starts in 14th and moves up to 10th; telling the player that they moved up four positions and that they had a great race because of it isn't really that captivating of a motivator for the average player. GT League is where the classic Gran Turismo gameplay is at. You're able to tune your cars within regulations and sweep the competition to reap the rewards if you want to; that's how the classic gameplay has always been for the series. But for something like Sport Mode that takes players out of that confined comfort zone and pits them against real-life competition where constant skill and attention are needed and the outcome is never guaranteed, the rewards for participating and finishing these Sport Mode races should feel like a more rewarding experience than just "You moved up a few spots! Good job!"

Perhaps they can add a small percentage multiplier on rewards for every position they moved up, for every clean race, and perhaps even for their clean race streak. Percentage multipliers for no penalties wouldn't be fair due to the sheer unpredictable nature of online racing. But in general, they need to increase rewards for Sport Mode races so that average players can keep coming back to the game mode to enjoy more races, hopefully improve their skills, and best of all, have fun doing it. Giving a race hound a small kibble of food after running several laps around a stadium full of other race hounds isn't going to make him that happy, I would think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back