Is it true that any videogame system damages the TV?

Tercel_driver

(Banned)
Cuz I have a 29'' Phillips TV that has like 6 months from being bought, and it is the main TV I use to play PS2, but just yesterday I got some color distortion, like the edges were colored different, after it is normal, there is a message on the manual that says, videogames, CDI and another thing can cause an static image to be impregned on the TV even after being used, if so, why the hell do they put the AV sockets on the back of it, Damn, I paid US300 for that TV and now I know that I cant connect my PS2 cuz If I do it messes up!!?

need help :mad:

forgot something... what is the best TV for videogaming... from ur experience

If it is a Tube TV, you have no Worries at all, the warning is aimed at Rear Projection TV's, HDTV's, and Plasma TV's. The Pixels on those types of TV's "Age" and if you age them at different rates (like with a speedometer on GT3, or black bars on a DVD Widescreen movie) you get the burnt image.

Check to see if you have any unshielded speakers or magnets near the tv if you are getting color distortion in any way.

whats up, thanx for ur help.

Yes, I have a tube TV.

Sometimes I get like some interference, and then those distorted colors appear, after that it is normal.

About that thing, what can possibly cause that... if not the PS2.

I mean, it happened from a day to another.

An object that is magnetic, like a metal, would cause color distortion. That's why if you have any speakers next to your TV should be magnetically shielded. Try to keep anything away from your TV.

Well... there are two big speakers at the side of the screen. Looks like this:

[][ ][]

I dont know if they are magnetically shieldied, there must be something there that is causing that. Maybe some cable cords?, the tv is next to the window on a corner, let me check if there are some metals.

Thanx for ur help again.

BTW what brand of TV do u use.

If the speaker case is made out of wood, then it's unlikly they're shielded, which would cause the distortion.

I have a 21-inch Sony Trinitron. I wish I had one of those fancy-dancy Sony Wegas...

Yep, I have heard, Sony is one of the best TV brands.

JBL is the best brand for sound.

And to think they were dissing all Sony products because of the PS2.

Talking about the TV issue, what is strange is that it just happened yesterday, after 6 months of perfect functioning.

So it would be completely normal to continue my gaming on that TV?

Check the connection to the back of the PS2, if all the contancts aren't touching, you might be getting a partial picture (which would look similarly distorted.)
If the Speakers came with the TV, then It's not them, and if they have been there for years, it's definitely not them.
You also might be having a problem with your TV in general (check the connection on that too, and look at the screen while you fiddle, at least you'll know if it goes in and out...)

And JBL doesn't make the best speakers... And stay away from Sony (Especially the Wega's, Dead pixels in abundance... :( )

Back