Is it worth it?

• Thread starter iLex
  • 24 comments
gtp_iLex
TT got released in Holland not long ago and I'm wondering whether it's worth the 60 euros.... Any thoughts?

From the limited play-time I've had on it, I'd say if you're a biker it's ESSENTIAL! I paid £29.99 here in the UK, which is 43.60 euros

Samster
From the limited play-time I've had on it, I'd say if you're a biker it's ESSENTIAL! I paid £29.99 here in the UK, which is 43.60 euros
I'll second that - and I'm not even a biker. It's given me a whole new perspective on the skill and bravery that a bike racer needs, and also on a lot of the GT4 circuits (especially the 'ring :nervous: ). Oh - and it's great fun, too :D

Just got it wednesday and I'm not disapointed. Not as eager on it as the GT games though.

Somhow it feels more like mini game then a full game. But don't get me wrong there is plenty of stuff to do, it will keep you busy. Somehow though I simply feel it could've been so much more...

Anyhow, if you like bikes and/or the GT series, get it.

p.s. I got mine for 55 euro, (Gamecity, Sittard) so shop around for the best price.

iLex
TT got released in Holland not long ago and I'm wondering whether it's worth the 60 euros.... Any thoughts?

Despite the fact that I (still) can't work a controller, Yes I believe its worth it. Get it from Intertoys in Haarlemmerstraat and save yourself 2.01 Euros.
Don't expect to finish it in a few hours though, it should last for a long time.
I got a PS2 + DFP + GT4 a year ago, play it every day for minimum of 2 hours a day. That's Eur 320 / 730 hours = Eur 0.44 per hour.

Now where do you get so much fun for that amount of money.:sly:

It's tougher than GT4 and you need to like bikes as well.

AMG.

I say it is worth it. I got it today and at first I thought is was a dud because of how hard it is to control the bikes but then I learned and now I'm hooked. I can't stop playin it and so its been worth all $40 so far.

Feels small compared to GT4, but it's still a good game. A little quick to complete, but it does have Photomode from GT4, and I'm glad I bought it. £34.99 from Game, incidentally (50.69 Euros, 63.38 US dollars).

I'd say rent it like I did yesterday. I'm really pleased with it and I'm going to buy it once I get the money. Just my opinion though, and on a side note: TouristTrophy is MUCH harder than GT4 to get used to.

And Roo, I believe it costs $50 here in the States.

xXSilencerXx
I say it is worth it. I got it today and at first I thought is was a dud because of how hard it is to control the bikes but then I learned and now I'm hooked. I can't stop playin it and so its been worth all $40 so far.
I'll second that. I've had it for a while now and am at 70% done, so I'm not playing it a ton. It is a bit tough for the first few corners/lap to get down, but the learning curve isn't bad.

I'm more concerned with going back to GT4 and trying to take a corner like I do on a bike. As far as racing lines and approach go, I had to start thinking completely differently. That's not a bad thing, though. I gives it more separation from GT4 than I was expecting.

I'd check around the stores and buy it immediatly. Personally I think that the riding experience itself beats even GT4, learning the first-person view and all. It's not as challenging as GT4 and is much smaller. I've had it one weekend and I'm 100% done with the ingame challenges. Also I did silver and golds at the Licence center after less than an hour gameplay (Not saying that I'm a great racer, just that it wasn't hard to do) But if you're the kind of gamer that likes to ride the tracks and just compete against the clock with different machines this is a must. Personally that's all I've been doing with my Polyphony games. Racing against opponents hasn't been their strength imho.

I look more forward to TT2 than GT5. I drool when I think of an evolved version of this game. I hope that the game will improve from TT1 to TT2 like GT1 did when it got GT2

-Johan

Definately worth the cash!

Paid £29.99 in the local Virgin superstore.

All PS2 games in the top 20 are the same price!

Neil

Just got it yesterday, not a biker at all really, played some Moto GP but have been an avid GT fan since GT1, I'm a big polyphony supporter after GT, now with them making TT so amazing i am thiking of them as demi-gods! :)

Get it! ;)

I went to Gamestation today, to my surprise Tourist Trophy was one of the in-store playable games, so I start up a race, I used a light green bike.
I was crap at it, I kept falling of, which was funny, but the annoying bit was the 10 second penalties, anyway, I did'nt have £32 to get it, but I'd consider it.

George Morley
I went to Gamestation today, to my surprise Tourist Trophy was one of the in-store playable games, so I start up a race, I used a light green bike.
I was crap at it, I kept falling of, which was funny, but the annoying bit was the 10 second penalties, anyway, I did'nt have £32 to get it, but I'd consider it.

It's hard at first cuz the braking points and apexes are all different than the GT games, but after a few races you'll get it.

You can turn off the 10 sec. penalty yourself in the options menu. Some retard must've turned it on at the store cuz I belive its off at the beginning

Really interested in this game but wanted to know if it was any better than TT Superbikes which was released on PS2 about 10-12 months ago.

I'm not a biker at all but I bought it, and I enjoy playing it since I got it.

I bought it in Spain for about €51

Thanks for all the replies!
Sorry 'bout not reacting. :guilty:
The fact that TT misses the whole 'money' system of the GT series is a bit of a dissapointment. That's part of what I really like about GT.
The thing is, I was in doubt about whether I'd buy TT now for €59 or wait 'till it's 'platinum' and buy it then for about €20.
After reading all your replies I think I'll wait. I still have quite some GT4 driving to do before I reach 100% and I have a lot of other games I have only played for about 1 to 2 hours. I'll focus on those first.
Thanks!

I've had it and never even played it once. At the end it served as nice present for some kid...:)

When they make something like the wheel only for bikes maybe I'll try...
On DS2 no way...

If you've ridden real motorcycles, on the street, alot, and love it, then get it. Otherwise, you might not care for it as much as GT4. I keep wanting to tell my friends about it, but most of them haven't ridden motorcycles for miles and miles, through sun, rain, sleet, hail, and snow, like I have. They just can't appreciate it.

Before TT, GT4 was the only disc I ever used. Then TT came out. I haven't played GT4 since.

Back