Is TG-T worth it 300€ more than T300 for GT sport?

• Thread starter Klik
  • 14 comments

Is TG-T worth 300€ more than t300 for gt sport?

• Yes, its a big upgrade

• No, its not a big upgrade

Results are only viewable after voting.
Denmark
Denmark
I mainly play GT sport on ps4. And i already bought tlcm loadcell pedals.

Here t300 rs gt is 300€ and tgt is about 650€. Do you think its worth it double the price?

I voted yes, if you don't mind the price that much and since you play mainly GT Sport.

Afaik, it's THE wheel to get for GT Sport as it has a 1:1 ratio of feedback with what's happening in-game and several technologies that work closely and only with this game. And other goodies such as a leather rim and many many controls, complete with 4 rotary switches and the two analog sticks.

So since you asked for GT Sport I'd say go for it.

In an ideal world the price difference wouldn't be twice as much, as I don't think it quite functions twice as well. But in reality the 80/20 rule applies. So in this case you need 80% more resources to have a 20% boost in quality, which is reflected in the price.

If it was within my budget I would definitely consider the T-GT seriously but as my first wheel I decided to get the T300 RS GT you mention, so as to have a good enough experience without breaking the bank.

Otoh, at T-GT's price point I would also consider Fanatec but since you mainly want it for GT Sport then T-GT is where it's at.

Last edited:
I voted yes, if you don't mind the price that much and since you play mainly GT Sport.

Afaik, it's THE wheel to get for GT Sport as it has a 1:1 ratio of feedback with what's happening in-game and several technologies that work closely and only with this game. And other goodies such as a leather rim and many many controls, complete with 4 rotary switches and the two analog sticks.

So since you asked for GT Sport I'd say go for it.

In an ideal world the price difference wouldn't be twice as much, as I don't think it quite functions twice as well. But in reality the 80/20 rule applies. So in this case you need 80% more resources to have a 20% boost in quality, which is reflected in the price.

If it was within my budget I would definitely consider the T-GT seriously but as my first wheel I decided to get the T300 RS GT you mention, so as to have a good enough experience without breaking the bank.

Otoh, at T-GT's price point I would also consider Fanatec but since you mainly want it for GT Sport then T-GT is where it's at.
How does T300 feels in GT sport? Is feedback good? What about ACC?

Nope, for less money, you could get a T300 and a Buttkicker or similar.

The 'tech' that works only with GTS is effectively only a small tactile unit that works with only a single title, a Buttkicker or similar tactile unit could attach to your chair or rig (I use a Reckhorn system) and not only provide more tactile feedback (as it will work across your entire rig and body) but also work for every title.

With the leftover money, you would also be well on your way to picking up a set of T-LCM Pedals (for load cell fun), a Thrustmaster shifter or another rim!

How does T300 feels in GT sport? Is feedback good? What about ACC?
FFB in GTS is OK at best, ACC (and a good number of other titles) is in an entirely different league.

With the leftover money, you would also be well on your way to picking up a set of T-LCM Pedals (for load cell fun), a Thrustmaster shifter or another rim!

Is loadcell tlcm really that big of improvement over normal t3pa pedals with conical brake mode?

Is loadcell tlcm really that big of improvement over normal t3pa pedals with conical brake mode?
Significantly, and not just with the load cell, but the better range and stronger springs on the clutch and more importantly throttle also add to the improvements. The one caveat is that you will need a windows laptop or PC to be able to set them up fully and take full advantage of them (the Laptop/PC can be an utter potato, you only need it for the set-up).

Significantly, and not just with the load cell, but the better range and stronger springs on the clutch and more importantly throttle also add to the improvements. The one caveat is that you will need a windows laptop or PC to be able to set them up fully and take full advantage of them (the Laptop/PC can be an utter potato, you only need it for the set-up).
Is there a big difference in racing more consistently and better by going with medium pressure springs(1 black and 1 grey) instead of 2 red springs? I have gaming chair so i guess it will move back a bit if i put strongest springs like 2 reds

Last edited:
Is there a big difference in racing more consistently and better by going with medium pressure springs(1 black and 1 grey) instead of 2 red springs? I have gaming chair so i guess it will move back a bit if i put strongest springs like 2 reds
I run a combo of black and red, with the load set to around 75, and I find that gives me a really good degree of control and consistency.

I’ve got a Playseat challenge, a gaming chair might move around quite a bit if you can’t lock the wheels on it, however it’s the take off setup options that mean you will be able to pretty much set it up however you need.

Last edited:
There's a few decent idea's on how to stop your chair rolling here https://www.theinsidetrainer.com/192057/8-ways-to-stop-your-desk-chair-from-rolling/. I personally think the carpet addition and the high density foam (number 5, and possibly the best) are the two easiest non invasive solutions.

I've gone from T-GT pedals with the conical brake mod to running a Ricmotech load cell mod, and now to the T-LCM's and @Scaff is spot on with his appraisal of the benefits of switching. The amount of extra control over personalized feel I now have is a vast improvement over either of the other pedal set-ups I've had (currently running 4 washers and two red springs on 75%).

Edit: I also agree with @Scaff 's assessment that the T300 with a Buttkicker (or similar) is probably better value. I have both a T-GT and a Buttkicker and it's a step up again, but it's also a leap in price.

Last edited:
Yep, save your money and get the T300. The only feature the T-GT has is T-DFB and it's just a gimmick really. Other racing sims don't need it because they have proper laser scanned tracks as opposed to GT's smooth as glass tracks and numb FFB. T300 also has a few buttons on the wheel which can do the job of the rotary dials (which are flimsy as hell, and susceptible to activating randomly if the wheel hub connection isn't secure).

As for pedals, I never tried loadcell but I've tried the conical mod and I took it off straight away. You have to do pedal calibration every time you start the game in GTS and with the conical mod it's extremely difficult to get max travel. You won't get max brake force and with the way ABS is modelled in GTS you need to be able to stomp on the pedal as hard and as fast as possible.

Yep, save your money and get the T300. The only feature the T-GT has is T-DFB and it's just a gimmick really. Other racing sims don't need it because they have proper laser scanned tracks as opposed to GT's smooth as glass tracks and numb FFB. T300 also has a few buttons on the wheel which can do the job of the rotary dials (which are flimsy as hell, and susceptible to activating randomly if the wheel hub connection isn't secure).

As for pedals, I never tried loadcell but I've tried the conical mod and I took it off straight away. You have to do pedal calibration every time you start the game in GTS and with the conical mod it's extremely difficult to get max travel. You won't get max brake force and with the way ABS is modelled in GTS you need to be able to stomp on the pedal as hard and as fast as possible.
Do you think that T300 having only 4nm of ffb force is realistically much worse than TGT's 6nm?

Do you think that T300 having only 4nm of ffb force is realistically much worse than TGT's 6nm?

I don't think so. With the T-GT I lowered the Gain to 65% on PC, so that's equivalent to 4Nm max force. Then again I like weak FFB because it allows me to feel the subtle forces better. Your preference may vary but I don't believe it's a deal breaker (and certainly not worth the price increase).

At least the T-GT is built properly. The T300 however is assembled in Thrustmasters unique "drunk monkey" factory so buyers need to be aware that getting a good one involves a little luck.

I find the FFB on GTS way too numb and featureless to consider spending a lot of money on a wheel just for this one game. And the tactile features of the T-GT only work on that game.
I have T300RS, the torque is plenty for me.

Back