Is The Bmw V12 LMR Worth The Money

• Thread starter GM
  • 50 comments

GM

George0393 + GTP_GM
Since I recently bought a model version of the car, I thought I'd buy it on gt4
to use for photomode and races against other LMRS but seeing it's so much I was wondering if its worth 4.5m?

Sorry if this has alredy come up.

Some people think that it's the best handling LMP in the game, if somewhat underpowered when compared to some others. I haven't bought it myself yet thanks to other projects.

I'd say that you should go for it, money comes easily in this game. But don't come hunting me if you buy it and it turns out to be bad. :P

A semi-lengthy search turned up this result (after searching "bmw lmr v12").

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58656&highlight=bmw+lmr+v12

The thread is fittingly titled "bmw lmr v12." :P

"Searching" the gtp is always a good start with these sorts of questions. 👍 :cheers:

Oh btw...

The LMR V12 is a great ride in my opinion.
Very stable and very powerful (lots of torque).
It can't keep up with cars like the R8, Bentley, or R92 but it is still capable of very fast racing.

I bought one and used it a ton.
The bmw lmr carried me through the GT World Championship for my first successful attempt. 👍

Edit:
After looking over the dates of the original thread, I've decided it would be best to leave this alone for the sake of getting more "well-developed" views on the lmr.
(that thead was from march 2005, people are bound to see things a bit differently a year later. :lol: )

Kent
A semi-lengthy search turned up this result (after searching "bmw lmr v12").

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58656&highlight=bmw+lmr+v12

The thread is fittingly titled "bmw lmr v12." :P

"Searching" the gtp is always a good start with these sorts of questions. 👍 :cheers:

Oh btw...

The LMR V12 is a great ride in my opinion.
Very stable and very powerful (lots of torque).
It can't keep up with cars like the R8, Bentley, or R92 but it is still capable of very fast racing.

I bought one and used it a ton.
The bmw lmr carried me through the GT World Championship for my first successful attempt. 👍

Edit:
After looking over the dates of the original thread, I've decided it would be best to leave this alone for the sake of getting more "well-developed" views on the lmr.
(that thead was from march 2005, people are bound to see things a bit differently a year later. :lol: )

I did search that but came up with something diffrent from usual,Sorry

Pescarolo C65 Judd - the newer car (not blue/green but white/green). I find it better than the R8 in some ways, its really a matter of opinion, but I definitely thought it was worth the 4.5mill price tag.

(trying to avoid turning this into the Pesky vs. R8 thread!)

It won me loads of races, when properly tuned it can go fast whilst superb handling is also available. It wins races. Period.
Point is, it is worth the money

Mazda 787B is my favorite :D or the Peskys...
Note: the Mazda 787B is only like 3.5 million, it's alot of car for alot less...

crimson_menace
The Audi R8 is definately worth the 4.5 million. The BMW is underpowered, so not worth the cash, imo.
The R8 is NOT worth it, do NOT buy it, you can win it easly. On one of the Le Mans 24hr races! ;) Of coarse you won't get the color you want, but you'll make money, and not lose it.

Master_Yoda
The R8 is NOT worth it, do NOT buy it, you can win it easly. On one of the Le Mans 24hr races! ;) Of coarse you won't get the color you want, but you'll make money, and not lose it.

Er, yeah. You can win it, too. My bad.

I found the BMW V12 to be an awesome car. Even though its not as powerful as the R8, I can lap Midfield 3 seconds faster in the Beemer.

GT40 MKII
yep but i bought my first R8 and had a load of fun ever since

i did too, that car won me almost all of the enduros, I love the R8, get it not the BMW (the Beemer isnt bad or anything :rolleyes:)

If you have a model version of the car, go for it and buy it.
Even if it's a bit underpowered, loving that car makes you go faster after a short period of time if you like that car.
A much better car you dislike won't make you give everything you've got because you might "not feel like it" just because it's not the car you like.
And if you manage to claim some victories in some races (if you giving it a ride except for photo-shootings), it'll be sweet all along.

It's all about the passion, not power :D

Vio
Even if it's a bit underpowered, loving that car makes you go faster after a short period of time if you like that car.
A much better car you dislike won't make you give everything you've got because you might "not feel like it" just because it's not the car you like.
And if you manage to claim some victories in some races (if you giving it a ride except for photo-shootings), it'll be sweet all along.

amen

Vio

:bowdown:

Im guessing that its not possible to win the V12 LMR. Am I right?

samj_13
i did too, that car won me almost all of the enduros, I love the R8, get it not the BMW (the Beemer isnt bad or anything :rolleyes:)
The AI does better with the BMW LMR , then the R8.. And there is NO point to buy the R8, when you can win it. I just did the Fuji enduro, and 1st came to me in my Pesky, 2nd was a 787B, 3rd was the BMW LMR, 4th was a R8, 5th i forget, 6th was the Vette C5. (i think)

WHAT EVER YOU DO, NEVER BUY THE R8! LMR, CAN WIN THEM ALL, but if you want cheaper, 787B, is easly just as good, or betetr then any LMP!

GT4_Rule
Im guessing that its not possible to win the V12 LMR. Am I right?
nope, you can't win that one.

But it's worth the money, really. I still have to give that car some tracktime and then I want to beat the V12 LMR with the GTOne... isn't there anyone out there which is also still upset that the GTOne never won a race because of that unfortunate tire?

I can still remember the awesome driving skills that Katayama did show there - of course, he was lucky to keep the car on the road, too, but he could have done worse. Damn ... one of the most revolutionary LM GTPs and never did win anything. Looks like that and the Cadillac LMP02 will haunt me forever, heh ...

Yes, the BMW V12 LMR is certainly worth the money. A real driver's car.

Vio
But it's worth the money, really. I still have to give that car some tracktime and then I want to beat the V12 LMR with the GTOne... isn't there anyone out there which is also still upset that the GTOne never won a race because of that unfortunate tire?

I can still remember the awesome driving skills that Katayama did show there - of course, he was lucky to keep the car on the road, too, but he could have done worse. Damn ... one of the most revolutionary LM GTPs and never did win anything. Looks like that and the Cadillac LMP02 will haunt me forever, heh ...

Oh yeah. He blew that tire on the fastest part of the circuit, on the narrow, two-lane run from Mulsanne to Indianapolis. Incredible skill just to keep it on the road. And the best part was the TV feed was on his on-board camera when the tire went. Eyes wide and hands sawing on the wheel. Awesome stuff.

Honestly, I was glad that Toyota didn't win, if only because they seemed to be the Goliath in the fight. I mean, who brings their own meteorological team with them? Besides, we knew they would be off to F1, whether they won or not. In '98, I was happy Porsche won on their 50th anniversary, since Porsche has meant so much to Le Mans. And in '99, I was glad to see the BMWs win, proving there's more to racing than sheer speed, something the Toyotas had in large amount.

Mulsanne
Oh yeah. He blew that tire on the fastest part of the circuit, on the narrow, two-lane run from Mulsanne to Indianapolis. Incredible skill just to keep it on the road. And the best part was the TV feed was on his on-board camera when the tire went. Eyes wide and hands sawing on the wheel. Awesome stuff.
That lap was/felt so long ... it was my "first" Le Mans, even more impressive back than. Ah, such good times ...

Honestly, I was glad that Toyota didn't win, if only because they seemed to be the Goliath in the fight. I mean, who brings their own meteorological team with them? Besides, we knew they would be off to F1, whether they won or not. In '98, I was happy Porsche won on their 50th anniversary, since Porsche has meant so much to Le Mans. And in '99, I was glad to see the BMWs win, proving there's more to racing than sheer speed, something the Toyotas had in large amount.
I didn't know back then that Toyota were spending that much money on racing ... and it's the same with the Audis (which I really dislike for being so perfect. But impressive all along the way ...)
anyway, it's fun to see them loosing in F1. They haven't learned a lesson yet... let's see if they do next year.

However, the GTOne is such a marvelous car ... all the nifty little details and stuff like the aerodynamics - Mulsannes Corner has some impressive data and information about the GTOne (and other cars as well) - drop by if you haven't already, this site is really worth the effort.

hey what channel in the US can you watch LeMans racing on?? ive been looking for 2 years!!

still saying you should get the r8, or win the minolta :indiff:

samj_13
hey what channel in the US can you watch LeMans racing on?? ive been looking for 2 years!!

still saying you should get the r8, or win the minolta :indiff:

How about satellite TV? Any way I can watch this year's Le Mans?

Btw....my quote made it into your sig, eh :ill: lol

GT4_Rule
How about satellite TV? Any way I can watch this year's Le Mans?

Btw....my quote made it into your sig, eh :ill: lol

yea i thought that was priceless

and ive got cable:ouch: and no speed tv:ouch: :ouch:

Back on topic...

:ouch:
You surely can not win the LMR V12 (which is more reason to buy it).
However, I've noticed a great deal of talk about the GT-One.

This is interesting as I do consider the GT-One worthy of a purchase.
The one problem I have with that is this... The GT-One, along with a few others, can be found in the used car lot from time to time in the special black color.

The used versions of these monster cars (the R92, R390, GT-One, and 787) are all great cars but more importantly, in the used lot they all cost about half of what they cost from the dealers. :eek:
That's great news if you want to purchase the GT-One down the road at some point. 👍

So with that in mind, save some money and buy all four of the black cars from the used dealers but don't waste your money on new versions of those cars.

With that said, look into buying cars that can not be won and cars that can not be purchased for used car prices. 👍
That might not be saying "buy the LMR V12" but it is certainly some info that should help cut down the size of your "possible buys" list. :sly:

Oh, finally,
I've gotta ask.
Samj13, what will you do if I say the R8 sucks?
You gonna challenge me to a race? :mischievous: :lol:

Kent
Back on topic...

:ouch:
You surely can not win the LMR V12 (which is more reason to buy it).
However, I've noticed a great deal of talk about the GT-One.

This is interesting as I do consider the GT-One worthy of a purchase.
The one problem I have with that is this... The GT-One, along with a few others, can be found in the used car lot from time to time in the special black color.

The used versions of these monster cars (the R92, R390, GT-One, and 787) are all great cars but more importantly, in the used lot they all cost about half of what they cost from the dealers. :eek:
That's great news if you want to purchase the GT-One down the road at some point. 👍

So with that in mind, save some money and buy all four of the black cars from the used dealers but don't waste your money on new versions of those cars.

With that said, look into buying cars that can not be won and cars that can not be purchased for used car prices. 👍
That might not be saying "buy the LMR V12" but it is certainly some info that should help cut down the size of your "possible buys" list. :sly:

Oh, finally,
I've gotta ask.
Samj13, what will you do if I say the R8 sucks?
You gonna challenge me to a race? :mischievous: :lol:

Nicely said. But I plan on buying both new and old of those monster cars :sly: I have 21 million credits, its fairly easy to earn them back.

Oh and you have to challenge me to the race too because I started the whole "R8 is good" thing :D

Back