Is there a reason N-class daily races are always one make?

• Thread starter Diire
  • 26 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Kinda getting fed up of never being able to use any of the N-class cars I have (and have made pretty!) in the daily races.

Has PD said why they are ALWAYS one make races?

So far it has been mostly the choice of tracks and the short length of a race that kept me away from it. Might do some races this week though

It's kind of like the old IROC (International Race Of Champions) series. It's about the driver, not the car. Everyone in the exact same car to see who is the best driver for that particular race. It's all skill and strategy (and bumping without getting a penalty).

It's a matter of skill then, not tuning advantage. PD can impose whatever stipulation they want in sport mode.

In open lobby that's where you can put up your own rules in your created lobby.

It's kind of like the old IROC (International Race Of Champions) series. It's about the driver, not the car. Everyone in the exact same car to see who is the best driver for that particular race. It's all skill and strategy (and bumping without getting a penalty).
No, seriously its because they messed up the BOP.

At no point during the closed Beta or demo did they have single model races that I can recall.

This only started happening once they allowed downtuning and people took advantage to dominate lower classes.

No, seriously its because they messed up the BOP.

At no point during the closed Beta or demo did they have single model races that I can recall.

This only started happening once they allowed downtuning and people took advantage to dominate lower classes.

Yep, I did one race that was suppose to be N300, was surprised when I started seeing BMW M4s popping in but then realized you could downtune.

Im fine with it being 1 make, but you should have to have the car allowing you to use your own custom liveries etc. I get frustrated with it being open to garage as there is likely going to be several cars that dominate the tracks for that class. Force people to drive on level playing fields with tuning available.

I for one love it. It makes it all about the driver, no one walks away with the race, it close action, and allows me to really shine, because I’m a damn good driver, but not some loser that uses “that one car” with “that one setup” for “that one track”, so when the field is level, I am glorious.

They should do it like the GT6 quick matches, where you can have multiple cars with great BoP, but have it so that you can use liveries and suspension tunes from your garage.

As others have already said, the BoP does need work. But to be honest it is a monstrously difficult task, even more so with N-class cars which have such a wide array of configurations.

Any given N-class [eg: N200, N300 etc] has a pretty wide range as well. I upgraded my Focus ST to the max level, which put it from N300 to N400 class, where it gets absolutely demolished by anything with a half-decent driver.

It's still very early days, though. Things should improve over time once they collect more data on the performance of each car and how to best balance things out.

Yep, I did one race that was suppose to be N300, was surprised when I started seeing BMW M4s popping in but then realized you could downtune.

Yeah, that was very badly balanced. The downtuned M4s were something like 10 seconds faster around Brands Hatch than the normal N300 cars.

Let's hope PD are tuning the N* BoP so that we can get some more variety in those races in the future, and use our custom liveries as well.

It's so bad, it doesn't even seem to take weight into account.

It isn't just weight, but the fact performance classes in GT only take straight line performance into hand. The older PP system from GT5 and 6 did take weight into account, but again only for acceleration and top speed. What ended up happening was for cars of similar PP, the lighter cars would dominate around corners. Tommykaira ZZIIs would leave most vehicles in the dust in the case of matched PPs.

Forza's vehicle classes aren't perfect but at least it takes into account handling aspects, cornering, grip, etc. You may see your PI number rising, but it doesn't necessarily mean your car is going to accelerate faster.

I kinda like that it is still the TT, at least we only eed to adapt to a new track today (for those of us who like the N class races)

The reason is BoP as others said.
Problem is that BoP is not working in other classes either.....

...just making joke there with M4, ofcourse it is BoP, it is making problem in GT4/3 also, don't understand if cars are in those categories, why there needs to be BoP?!?! Just limit mileage tuning and let people set up the cars as they wish... PP in GT5/6 was working much better... much much better...

I for one love it. It makes it all about the driver, no one walks away with the race, it close action, and allows me to really shine, because I’m a damn good driver, but not some loser that uses “that one car” with “that one setup” for “that one track”, so when the field is level, I am glorious.

So somebody who has enough knowledge and ability to tune a car to a specific track, set very fast laps with said car and ultimately win some races is a loser? Mate, I honestly haven't got a clue where you are coming from!

One make with no tuning is great to see things on a level playing field yes, but tuning a car for a circuit to gain a precious advantage is as much a part of motorsport as anything else.

I think there should be variety of choices. Some races where you can tune, some where you can't - they both have their draws for me.

What I despise is FF modelling so anything that is one-make FF car then I'm out, ta.

Basically, the easiest fix is to have a set car list of similar cars from the same N class. So overpowered cars would be banned from coming down.

I think there should be variety of choices. Some races where you can tune, some where you can't - they both have their draws for me.

What I despise is FF modelling so anything that is one-make FF car then I'm out, ta.

More than 3 daily races at a time would be a way forward - I do find this very restrictive.

So somebody who has enough knowledge and ability to tune a car to a specific track, set very fast laps with said car and ultimately win some races is a loser? Mate, I honestly haven't got a clue where you are coming from!

One make with no tuning is great to see things on a level playing field yes, but tuning a car for a circuit to gain a precious advantage is as much a part of motorsport as anything else.
Are you for real? It does not ever show who the better driver is! A level playing field with the automobile is the only true way to discover who is a better driver, it allows for no variables other than the human behind the wheel.
I agree that having your car tuned and knowing how to tune should give you an advantage on a track. However, most of the simulator games end up having unrealistic tunes compared to what a real actual car would have on a track. Furthermore, knowing that some programmer screwed up and made it so that one particular car can do amazing at a certain track is utterly ridiculous and takes all of the competition out of it

I am yes but we have our wires crossed I think. I was referencing general motorsport in which tuning is a just as important as ability and based on that, I think what I said is correct. However where specific games are concerned that have got the tuning behaviour wrong then yes, I agree with you that no tuning with the same car is the best way to find the better driver.

Latest Posts

Back