Is There A Way To Save GT:HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
United States
KoldStrejke
Is There A Way To Save GT:HD onto a DvD? I As A Collector Of The Series Hate That It Is DownLoad Only. Sony And Polyphony Digital Inc Are Being UnFair To Us Colectors. :ouch:

I think you can transfer the game to the computer, and then make a back up dvd. You can't use it to play the game though.

I think you can transfer the game to the computer, and then make a back up dvd. You can't use it to play the game though.

Thank You, For the straight answer, obviously Diego cant comprehend English.

Oh, Diego Two Different games means two separate posts. people who read the HD sometimes do not read the Prologue postings.

KoldStrejke.

You asked essentially the exact same question just for 2 different downloads. Diego understands English just fine. He just doesn't understand(and neither do I) why you couldn't combine your question into one thread? Especially considering that GT5 Prologue hasn't been released yet! :dopey:

So relax.

Is There A Way To Save GT:HD onto a DvD? I As A Collector Of The Series Hate That It Is DownLoad Only. Sony And Polyphony Digital Inc Are Being UnFair To Us Colectors. :ouch:
I'm curious what you intend to do with it on a disc. To me a game is something you play and that is the goal of the developer, to create something you play. I don't think they are being unfair, they are just creating a free product and limiting the expenses in every way possible by not having any supply costs. Their main goal, as a game developer, is to create a game that is fun to play. I doubt the idea of a collector ever crossed their minds.

I only know one guy that collects games and I never heard him complain about downloadable content. Maybe I am just a bit too utilitarian to grasp this concept. I don't mean to sound rude, so I apologize if I do, but to me if you can play the game and enjoy it then the developer has done their job. Asking them to do more because you have a hobby, or whatever you consider it, is really asking them to go beyond the definition of their job.

Look at it like this: If you are at work doing your job and a customer asks you to do something out of the way, just because they want to use it for something other than intended, are you going to focus on that or keep doing things in the way that 99.99% of your customers want it?

Ok, I Own them, all i play them all, then i play them again. now if it it were to not be downloadable ever again. i could not ever play them again. and then i could never say i own the full collection at all. i guess i am the only GT fanatic. i love driving games but GT games are the ones i go back to time and time again.

Ok, I Own them, all i play them all, then i play them again. now if it it were to not be downloadable ever again. i could not ever play them again. and then i could never say i own the full collection at all. i guess i am the only GT fanatic. i love driving games but GT games are the ones i go back to time and time again.

Yes, I guess you are. I mean, people like me who only have 16 different versions of the varying Gran Turismo games, and things like this

gt4pressbox5551662.jpg

certainly aren't GT fanatics in any way. No sir.

Thank You, For the straight answer, obviously Diego cant comprehend English.

Please do not insult our members.

For your reference, -Diego- understood English perfectly when he flew 5,000 miles to the last UKGTP LAN event, held in England. And that doesn't sound like GT fanatic behaviour either.

Incidentally, your other thread was without merit because it operated from an incorrect assumption - that GT5: Prologue will only be available for download. Those who can comprehend English would have read through the forum first and noticed that it will be available to buy on BluRay Disc.

:lol: No offense KoldStrejke, but you might not want to use such a poor translator.

Whats that? A limited edition cover box? Oh wow, i guess i can never ever get that...Famine, i respect you! :bowdown:

Well KoldStrejke, everyone here is trying their best to help you. Why do you say these things? I mean saying -Diego- can't speak English or that calling yourself the v GT fanatic. That is just plain rude and it also looks like you're the one with the bad English. You're not the only one who is a GT collector. There are a few here that actually collects every single PD game out there (for example Famine) and even I do collect some of the games.

If you we're a collector, then what GT titles do you have then?

Whats that? A limited edition cover box?

Two (of four thousand) GT4 Limited Edition Press Boxes (one being #555) and one (of indeterminate number) GT: Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva Limited Edition Press Box.

I do need to lay my hands on a Nike edition though.

Yes, I guess you are. I mean, people like me who only have 16 different versions of the varying Gran Turismo games, and things like this

gt4pressbox5551662.jpg

certainly aren't GT fanatics in any way. No sir.

Please do not insult our members.

For your reference, -Diego- understood English perfectly when he flew 5,000 miles to the last UKGTP LAN event, held in England. And that doesn't sound like GT fanatic behaviour either.

Incidentally, your other thread was without merit because it operated from an incorrect assumption - that GT5: Prologue will only be available for download. Those who can comprehend English would have read through the forum first and noticed that it will be available to buy on BluRay Disc.

1. I said he couldn’t comprehend he did not give straight answer Plus he accused me of piracy (in a subtle way)

2. straight answer will be great i have no time for anything else.

3. I give what i get.

Well I read on the internet that it was going to be download only. And they were thinking of charging (Disc). And if it were all you had to say is yes it will be out on blue ray disc and not be such a jerk about it. I have no time to read these forums thoroughly I work and have family and play GT. in no way is it mandatory either. Oh and by the way isn’t it what forums are all about getting info? Thanks for the info (LOL) and the headache.

1. I said he couldn’t comprehend he did not give straight answer Plus he accused me of piracy (in a subtle way)

3. I give what i get.

Well I read on the internet that it was going to be download only. And they were thinking of charging (Disc). And if it were all you had to say is yes it will be out on blue ray disc and not be such a jerk about it. I have no time to read these forums thoroughly I work and have family and play GT. in no way is it mandatory either. Oh and by the way isn’t it what forums are all about getting info? Thanks for the info (LOL) and the headache.

Ok thats it!! We have heard enough!! If you have no time for this then why don't you just go find your answers somewhere else!! :grumpy:

Ok, I Own them, all i play them all, then i play them again. now if it it were to not be downloadable ever again. i could not ever play them again. and then i could never say i own the full collection at all.
I see where you are going here. I just don't know if you can ever load it on to a system like that. I think GTHD was supposed to just be a small interlude to give us a unique GT experience on the PS3.

i guess i am the only GT fanatic. i love driving games but GT games are the ones i go back to time and time again.
I did not own a Playstation when Gran Turismo came out. A friend of mine did and I played his copy. I bought a Playstation and a copy of Gran Turismo that following weekend. I did not buy a Playstation 2 until Gran Turismo 3 came out. I bought a PS3 with no games, because I knew I could download GTHD for free (basically making it a $600 game). Heck once I had it set up my first act was to log on to the PSN and download GT:HD. Fortunately, once I stopped playing GT:HD long enough to check it out, I found the PS3 had a lot of other very useful features.

In the ten years since the first Gran Turismo came out I have only owned one non-Gran Turismo racing title, Formula One: Championship Edition, which means I went nearly ten years with Gran Turismo as my sole racing title. I played others as rentals, but never once did they stand up to Gran Turismo, in my opinion (please, everyone else don't throw in Forza/Enthusai/LFS/GTR crap here). I am not a racing games fan. I am a Gran Turismo fan.

In ten years I have spent over $1,000 just so that I can play Gran Turismo. All other games that came along later were just an afterthought since I happened to own the system. Granted I don't seek out press copies and don't go out of my way to import titles that are unavailable in the US, but if it says Gran Turismo on it and it is readily available, I have it. I even have the GT 2000 calendar that came in Official Playstation Magazine before it was renamed GT3: A-Spec. There was another game on the back, but I don't remember what it was because I never flipped it over in July.

Just because you are the only person to complain that you want a hard copy of GT:HD does not make you the only GT Fanatic. In fact, I have bordered on being called a fanboy on this board many times.

And looking at Famine's stuff I start to wonder if GT fanaticism can even be unhealthy. :scared: I'm suddenly very glad that stuff is not readily available, or I would be broke.

I honestly believe that many of the active members on this board can be called a GT fanatic. I would especially say that a man who pays out of his own pocket to set up a massive fan site may just be a tiny bit of a fanatic.

So to you I say, 'Welcome to GTPlanet, where you will find the largest collection of GT fanatics anywhere."

Well I read on the internet that it was going to be download only. And they were thinking of charging (Disc). And if it were all you had to say is yes it will be out on blue ray disc and not be such a jerk about it. I have no time to read these forums thoroughly I work and have family and play GT. in no way is it mandatory either. Oh and by the way isn’t it what forums are all about getting info? Thanks for the info and the headache.

I just wanted to introduce you to a friend of mine... here is the comma (,) I suggest you two get to know each other, since you've apparently never seen it. As I haven't seen it in your post either.

All sarcasm and smart-assness aside, there's better ways to ask for things, and if it's something easily searched then you have no excuse for asking it in the first place. The forums are indeed about getting the info. Said info is here for you to get. Not for us to dish out whenever you want to know it.

Famine
Two (of four thousand) GT4 Limited Edition Press Boxes (one being #555) and one (of indeterminate number) GT: Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva Limited Edition Press Box.

I do need to lay my hands on a Nike edition though.

I'm assuming you have the GT4 Bible, right? A friend sent it to me from Japan... of course, it's in Japanese. Still, just wanted to point that out.

FoolKiller
I did not own a Playstation when Gran Turismo came out. A friend of mine did and I played his copy. I bought a Playstation and a copy of Gran Turismo that following weekend. I did not buy a Playstation 2 until Gran Turismo 3 came out.

I'm with you on that one. The only reason I bought the PS2 was because of GT3, and to this day I only have 4 games: GT3, GT4, GT Concept and GT4P :D

Diago,if,you,dont,have,the,answer,dont,give,an,answer.
I suggest you calm down a little and improve your attitude now...

Having seen you signed up here a couple of years go, you should be familiar with the AUP where insulting other members is not acceptable. He and a couple of members was merely correcting your information that GT5:P will not be available as just a download.

And to be honest, your excuse for not having the time to read the latest information on GT5 and GT5:P is a bit poor. There is a wealth of information in the first post of a large, active thread in the GT5 forum here clearly explaining the latest news on GT5: P.

KoldStrejke
Oh and by the way isn’t it what forums are all about getting info?
Yes, but it's down to the user to find the information out for himself before asking questions. As I mentioned above, we've made it rather easy to gain information as everything has been put in one place.

Alright, some people make mistakes from time to time, but your attitude towards us correcting you hasn't been all that great.

He raised the issue of piracy, he did not accuse you of piracy; in addition you should also be open to the possibility that any misunderstanding could have come from your post rather than the member in question.

Without context it can be difficult to get across exactly what you are trying to say on a forum, getting mad at people doesn't help matters.

To be blunt if you have no time to read the information that already exists here why should we take the time to spoon feed it to you? I think you will find that a good number of members here are busy and pushed for time as well, your time is no more or less important than anyone else's.

3. I give what i get.
Not if you want to remain a member you don't.

If you have a problem with a member then talk to a member of staff (use the report button or PM one of us), simply shouting back will result in nothing good.

GT5 Prologue will be chargeable regardless of being a download or blu-ray release, that you can put money on. The download will almost certainly be cheaper. but the Blu-ray may well contain extras (making of videos, etc as came with GT4 Prologue).

Regards

Scaff

Diego,if,you,dont,have,the,answer,dont,give,an,answer.
Diego has a point, as one of the etiquete rules on this forum (and others) is to use the search feature first.

I do think the comma comment was a bit on the rude side, even though proper English, to the best of your abilities, is highly suggested.

Well, I think this thread has run its course. Anything further will almost certainly result in flaming, yelling and of course more sarcasm (hmmm...maybe I shouldn't close it then huh? :sly: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back