IS this game worth buying now?

stealth_viper3.gif
???

Originally posted by Stealth Viper
Do you reccomend buying this game?

I tried getting into GT2 with my bro the other day, and well, never playing it before, I just couldn't past the pixels that tried to look like cars. I was forever spoiled by GT3. I would imagine that GT1 would be the same way. I'm sure the game play is just as good if you can get past the 32-bit graphics. ;)

Ok......I own GT3 and play it all the freaking time. Then the other day I popped in my GT1. I was like :eek: dude....these graphics suck!:eek: I guess you really don't know what good graphics are until you own a PS2. I used top think that Gran Turismo 1 had good graphics way back when. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, I don't think you should buy it, cause like Pako said, it's really hard to get past the graphics. Yesterday I went to the original GT1 website and looked at some of the videos, one word...CRAP The last two games control wise are still damn good, and they have a couple of things that I miss in 3(like all the really bad cars that were fun to drive and the ability to buy cars like the Storm and then do the competition paint later) I also went back and played GT2 a while back to race my Tom's Angel(one of the coolest cars, I think, in 2, and also missing in 3) just to prove my skills :D I raced it on the Rome Night track against cars with a lot more power than the Angel, but I still came out on top, it was one of the most challenging races in a long time. Ahh the memories :D
Anyway, stick with 3, it's just as good in pretty much everything except graphics, and even better there.

:burnout:Eric

cut the game some slack. it was a few years ago. besides, r11 from the first and third do not compare. first version is much better. the game is more forgiving, probably closer to ridge racer style handling than 2 or 3.

Originally posted by Talentless
cut the game some slack. it was a few years ago. besides, r11 from the first and third do not compare. first version is much better. the game is more forgiving, probably closer to ridge racer style handling than 2 or 3.

I know, but still, I think 3 is better overall. And about the Ridge Racer handling, that's what you buy Ridge Racer for :D I buy racing games that are as realistic as they can make, that's why I'm a big fan of F1 and GT.

i don't like ridge racer handling. just an observation. i was thinking more about transitioning through slight turns.

I cant imagine where video games will be in 5 years from now. I bet we will be saying the same thing about GT3 in 5 years like were saying GT1 is now.

I remember when I first bought GT1 (when it 1st came out) I thought the graphics were photo realistic, and they were back in 1997. But now when you have GT3 there is really no need to go back and play GT1 or GT2. Also I think that the new SSR11 in GT3 is way better than in GT1. It doesn't have the chicane which I half the time ****ed up on, and it has a great new look.

they took out the chicayne? why??? just because people like Supra897 don't have the skills to get through it without leaving paint on the walls doesn't mean that it should be removed. it motivates you to be a better racer so you don't slam into that wall and lose the race because of a simple mistake.

They need to make the races a bit harder. Not having the HP limit made them too easy to win.

The HP limits in GT2 were a better alternative but the AI cars were still a little easy to beat...

i agree. I bought the GTO LM Edition and drilled them in every race. and to think that the GTO LM Edition's only got 613hp which isn't much at all in GT2.

Back