Is Thrustmaster T-GT worth it over G29 for gran turismo?

• Thread starter Klik
  • 1 comments

Which wheel is better for Gran Turismo?

• T-GT

• CSL elite

Results are only viewable after voting.
Denmark
Denmark
I used to have g29 but i want to try something different, a belt driven wheel. Do you think t-gt is worth it for gran turismo? I mostly play that and a bit of assetto corsa. I know there is CSl elite but i wanna buy tgt on instalments 24 months and really dont wanna give 700€ for fanatec in cash.

Is TGT an upgrade over g29/t150 for gran turismo?

I used to have g29 but i want to try something different, a belt driven wheel. Do you think t-gt is worth it for gran turismo? I mostly play that and a bit of assetto corsa. I know there is CSl elite but i wanna buy tgt on instalments 24 months and really dont wanna give 700€ for fanatec in cash.

Is TGT an upgrade over g29/t150 for gran turismo?

It depends what you mean by better. I used to have G25 and switched to T-GT. Here are the following pros & cons (in my opinion):

Pros
- More buttons on the wheel making MFD changes easier (though this is probably less of a factor for you since G29 already has buttons on the wheel)
- Virtually no center deadzone
- No FFB fade over long gaming sessions

Cons
- Bad stock pedals (I went back to using G25 pedals with custom adapter)
- Need to buy shifter separately (again not a factor for you because G29 doesn't come with a shifter either)
- Higher internal resistance due to belt drive mechanism (e.g. can't countersteer as quickly)
- Clamp mounts are not stable enough, need to bolt it to table
- Issues with wheel quick release mechanism coming loose and making wheel press buttons randomly during a race (see the main T-GT thread for my fix)
- Wheel material peeling off after just ~1.5 year of use (compared to ~5 years for G25)

Neutral
- Smoother FFB (I never felt the G25's rattly FFB to be a bad thing)
- Stronger FFB (I don't like strong forces, your preference may differ)
- T-DFB (it's a gimmick and I don't feel it adds useful info personally)

Am I faster with the T-GT? Yes, but only by a few tenths. The biggest improvement for me though is consistency and getting to my absolute speed quicker. Immersion wise, it's slightly improved but I don't feel it's worth the price tag for it alone. Honestly if the G25's deadzone is eliminated, I wouldn't feel the need to upgrade.

Back