Italian Avant Garde- The Write Up

• Thread starter RVDNuT374
  • 10 comments
United States
Manning, SC
Pre Race Commentary

Here is your partially sane announcer RVD to bring you live flag to flag coverage of the Italian Avant Garde sponsored by Polyphony Digital and Sony. :lol: The field will consist of 5 AI Zonda Race Cars and one non race car. I'll be driving a 682 HP Zonda C12S w/ the full race suspension, sport brakes and brake balance controller, sport chip, stage 1 NA tuning, engine balancing, full race transmission, triple plate clutch, race flywheel, full LSD, T2 tires, and lightweight 1. I'll need every mod there and some good driving skills to win this one. Ok enough of the pre race commentary, let's get on to the racing! :P As usual, i'll start from the back in order to cut down on the time spent typing. :lol: Round 1 of the Italian Avant Garde is about to begin at Rome Circuit! Let's go racing! :D

Race Report

So far i'm stuck in last place due to the tires being cold. I got shoved into the turn 2 wall by the AI then got sideways through the center of turn 3. As the field enters the backstretch, the driver of the Zonda C12S is currently 3rd. After the completion of 1 lap, i've been kicked back to 5th. Coming through turn 1, the 6th place AI Zonda Race Car uses me as brakes shoving me hard into the turn 1 wall. That same Zonda is riding my back bumper as we enter the backstretch. Once my tires warm up and the AI's fall off, i should be in good shape. The order after 2 laps is this: 5 AI Zondas, me. :P The AI in their race cars have a massive handling advantage through the high and mid speed corners over me. In low speed corners we're evenly matched. ;) Now that my tires have finally warmed up, i should start reeling in the AI. After 4 laps, my fastest lap is 1:19.880. I've started to work my way up through the field as the AI's tires are starting to wear. ;) After a very good battle through downtown Rome, i'm in third trying to get second from another AI Zonda. Adjustments will be neccessary before the next race to fix the big time power oversteer. I've now moved into 2nd place and have my sights set on the leader. ;) The power oversteer problem is especially bad coming out of the downtown section. The crowd of 150,000 people on hand just went nust as i took the lead coming out of turn 12. :D Now can I hold that lead until the end of the race? Coming into turn 5, i braked too late causing the car to get sideways. I'm still in the lead however thanks to good driving. I've opened up a 2.796 sec @ sector 3 due to nailing the corners before it. My lead has grown to nearly 6 sec due to the AI's tires wearing down. Coming into the turn after the backstretch I braked too late causing the car to get sideways. This should cost me some of that lead. It appears however that my lead has actually increased. :P If the rumors of the AI pitting on lap 9 are true, I should win by over 30 sec. The rumors were true... All the brainless AI pitted on lap 9 which guarentees me the win unless my Zonda's brakes fail sending me into a wall at 150 MPH. :lol: White flag is being displayed, one more lap to go! The crowd has started their usual chant, "RVD, RVD, RVD! :D " as they wait for me to win. As I come off the corner, everyone in the stands is on their feet. The checkered flag is out, RVD wins round 1 of the Italian Avant Garde! :D

Pit Stops

AI Zonda Race Cars- 9
Zonda C12S (me) - none

Race Results

1. Zonda C12S (me)- 13:37.071
2. Zonda Race Car- 14:06.539 (+ 29.468 sec)
3. Zonda Race Car- 14:09.406 (+ 32.435 sec)
4. Zonda Race Car- 14:10.145 (+ 33.074 sec)
5. Zonda Race Car- 14:10.751 (+ 33.680 sec)
6. Zonda Race Car- 14:11.255 (+ 34.184 sec)

Fastest Lap- 1:19.880 (lap 4)

And I thought the crowd was on my side. I think the deserve a severe punishment for chanting your name instead of mine. :lol:

Nice, hilerous, write up man, keep it up. Im gonna have another up soon.

Originally posted by RVDNuT374
Well you're not the one racing, I am. :lol:

When I was doing the damn Maita endro it almost sounded like,"Darin needs to go to hell and lose this race." :lol:

Rome Circuit II

It's another spectacular day of racing in Rome, Italy as the teams prepare for round 2 of the Italian Avant Garde series. The field is exactly the same. The only difference is now rumors are spreading that the AI won't pit this time around. I've increased the LSD on my car in hope of fixing the power oversteer problem. ;) The green flag is about to drop; let's go racing! :D

Race Report

The LSD adjustment I made before the race doesn't appear to be helping. It's a slam fest as the field enters downtown Rome. After lap 1 the order is this: 3 AI Zonda Race Cars, me, 2 more AI Zondas. :P After sector 2 i've dropped to 2.850 sec off the lead. But as the race wears on tire wear will play into my favor. ;) I've forgotten to do one very important thing before round 2, turn on the car's radio. :lol: Hopefully this will make the race go by faster. :P Twice near the downtown section i missed my braking points and smashed the wall. I missed my braking point once again coming into turn one. As a wise man once said, " It was rumored that to save weight, Pagani removed the Zonda's steering wheel. When in reality, they used rice pudding for the brakes." That is very true as this Zonda has no brakes. :lol: All I have to do is last 6 more laps w/out any brakes or steering and I'll be fine. :P Incredibly i'm starting to catch up to the AI as lap 4 comes to a close. Coming out of Downtown Rome, I'm hot on the 2nd and 3rd place AI Zonda's bumpers. I've moved into second place through the Coliseum and am making a run on the leading AI Zonda. It's a slamfest coming to the start/finish line, but RVD leads lap 5. As he took the lead, the crowd went wild! :D Coming through turn 1, the AI used me as brakes nearly causing a spin. Entering turn 5, it was a game of Ping Pong as I bounced off both the inside and outside walls. Then I bounced off the AI. Through all that, I still moved up to 2nd place. :lol: Coming out of the Coliseum, RVD takes the lead once again! ;) For once I nailed my braking points into turn 1. This prompted instant celebration in my pit area. One of the guys got so happy that he tried to do a backflip but landed on his ankle and broke it. :lol: :P At this point in the race, my tires are still in great shape while the AI's are starting to fall off. The AI are falling back to a point where all i have to do to win is be smooth. ;) I've opened up a 4.4 sec lead over the AI after 8 laps. Exiting downtown Rome, I got sideways and hit the inside guardrail hard. The white flag has been displayed, one more lap to go for RVD and his crew! *including the injured member :lol: * As RVD rounds the final corner, every person in the grandstands is on their feet. The checkered flag is out, RVD sweeps the Italian Avant Garde series! :D

Pit Stops

AI Zonda Race Cars- none
Zonda C12S (me)- none

Race Results

1. Zonda C12S (me)- 13:46.828
2. Zonda Race Car- 13:56.222 (+ 9.394 sec)
3. Zonda Race Car- 13:57.043 (+ 10.215 sec)
4. Zonda Race Car- 13:57.169 (+ 10.341 sec)
5. Zonda Race Car- 13:57.961 (+ 11.133 sec)
6. Zonda Race Car- 13:58.317 (+ 11.489 sec)

Fastest Lap- 1:20.402

I walk away with 60,000 credits and a Pagani Zonda Race Car. :cool:

Settings

Spring Rate: 12.0/12.0
Ride Height: 57/57
Shock Bound: 5/5
Shock Rebound: 8/8
Camber Angle: 2.0/1.0
Toe Angle: 0.0/0.0
Stablizers: 4/4
Brake Balance: 24/18
LSD: 15/45/15
Gear Ratios:

1st: 3.357
2nd: 2.234
3rd: 1.620
4th: 1.233
5th: 0.985
6th: 0.826
Final Drive: 3.430
Auto Setting: 33
Downforce: 0.29/0.51
ASM: 0
TCS: 1

Excellent Write-up!

Now as a follow-up question, do you have a charkport? If so, I've got an Avant Garde legal Diablo that you can run. Yes, you can run this race as PD originally intended. In the other true italian sports car.

AO

Originally posted by Der Alta
Excellent Write-up!

Now as a follow-up question, do you have a charkport? If so, I've got an Avant Garde legal Diablo that you can run. Yes, you can run this race as PD originally intended. In the other true italian sports car.

AO

I concur!!! Lots of enthusiasm which makes it fun to read!!!

AO- You have a Avant Garde legal Diablo:confused: This is a new one on me!!!

phattboy

Originally posted by Der Alta
Excellent Write-up!

AO

I'll hopefully get a Sharkport tommorrow at Best Buy. ;) Maybe an extra memory card while i'm at it.

Originally posted by RVDNuT374
I'll hopefully get a Sharkport tommorrow at Best Buy. ;) Maybe an extra memory card while i'm at it.

Ive looked everywhere for a new sharkport. I haven't seen one yet.:(

well after that race if it was real life, my car would be me, the controls and a more-than-mangled chassis, with no body at all.

CPU1 would have no front end and his back end would be severely crumpled
CPUs 2-5 would have sides stoved in and glass smashed methinks

Glad to say I still came 1st thanks to no car damage, in round 1 of pinball avantgarde...

EDIT: ... and the second race was as successful, though my MOV was lower given the absence of CPU-pitting.

Back