It's Been Ten Years Since Lucas Ordonez Won The Very First GT Academy

When they started GT academy it made me wish I was just a little bit younger. Credit to the programme! It started the ball rolling of taking gamers seriously in the genre as potential real world racers.

Absolutely!!! This sure beats a family mortgaging everything they own to keep a talented youngster in a competitive car. In the USA the stepping stone from karts to a professional driving career is very blurry, the most important ingrediant is a wheelbarrow full of money regardless of talent. That's not how it should be.

Absolutely!!! This sure beats a family mortgaging everything they own to keep a talented youngster in a competitive car. In the USA the stepping stone from karts to a professional driving career is very blurry, the most important ingrediant is a wheelbarrow full of money regardless of talent. That's not how it should be.

Unfortunely racing is way too expensive,i imagine this also doesn't help at making motorsport more popular,if people had easier access to it i bet motorsport would be way more popular especially in gaming(racing is almost like a niche thing in videogames nowadays)

Not many family houses are worth enough to mortgage for F3 let alone F2 or Indy lights :cheers:

What Darren Cox did was insane not just for the winners but every one who had a chance to compete in the time trial

I always loved Lucas Ordonez, his smooth and intelligent driving and for a few years now I really see Lucas way too big for the never competitive Nissan GT-R GT3.
I wonder how long is Lucas "attached" to Nissan because I would really love to see Lucas in a better team, in a better car doing a full season at blancpain or Adac or, like some top drivers, both.
Go Lucas. We love you.

If lucas could hire a personal broadcast team and livestream his race onboard on youtube..that will be a huge milestone.

Google : Live U Solo

I had a magazine with him in it. The pic was of the in-car view from the GT-R, looking out onto the entrance to the bank at Daytona. Thinking: Why couldn't this be around when I was younger?

I had a magazine with him in it. The pic was of the in-car view from the GT-R, looking out onto the entrance to the bank at Daytona. Thinking: Why couldn't this be around when I was younger?

I know, right? Not sure how old you are but I can tell you the video game of my youth could have prepared me to be a professional at Pong???? whatever that may be IRL.

Back