It's now March; where is our promised community update?

• Thread starter soap_hand
  • 2,036 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not a Liar. >.>. He said Community Feature will come some-time in 2014. Anyway, if you expect a update everyday. Then go play a Computer Sim. Fact is PD was nice enough to Ninja Update the bugs that came out in 1.04. AWD Issue, 20Min race issue. See they still care about there game. There Probably busy with a first batch DLC that will come out this month. Patience is the key.
https://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-launch-event-reveals-x2014-intro-movie-january-update-deltawing-more/ New Community Club features will not go live until January. Facts suck eh? Let's not get into the promised "track every month DLC" shall we? :lol:

Fact is PD was nice enough to Ninja Update the bugs that came out in 1.04

Nice enough to fix screw ups they created that affected gameplay? That's not nice, that's their job, and it's a minimum effort. How about fixing the myriad of other bugs in the game before the first 3 months are up? People won't wait around forever for this stuff to get fixed. Go online and count the number of rooms some night. There are a few hundred people online at best out of 2million + copies sold. What does that tell you?

Here's the thing. GT5 was there first title, On PS3. With Hardware they were clueless to, From Version 1.0, to 2.0. GT5 changed a lot. And become a wonderful game. GT5 Vanilla was terrible. And you know what PD made it better each update +. Just saying.

Took Time but they were able to pull. And they released DLC. Couple amount. GT6 only has been out for 3ish months. Takes time when they started from the bottom and worked there 🤬 off.

Yeah like calling him a "fanboy" is going to make you feel better. :rolleyes: So amusing, these impatient children. Keep it up.

To the kitten:

So this being a PS3 game. A unit they should know the architecture of well by now. What's the excuse again?

TokoTurismo,

Not sure what age you are. However I was at the drinking age when playing GT1. So child. Hardly.

Patient very.

Respect for lies. Zero.

I'll never cease to be amazed at how many people will line up to defend multi-billion dollar corporations when it comes to stuff like this.

Bottom line is, Kaz and PD promised community features. They need to deliver and soon. The game is shockingly lacking when it comes to things to do. You've got a pretty terrible career, that pretty much forces you to grind to get the cars you want. You've got a online that has it's own issues. And that's pretty much it besides taking a picture or whatever.

I'll never cease to be amazed at how many people will line up to defend multi-billion dollar corporations when it comes to stuff like this.

Bottom line is, Kaz and PD promised community features. They need to deliver and soon. The game is shockingly lacking when it comes to things to do. You've got a pretty terrible career, that pretty much forces you to grind to get the cars you want. You've got a online that has it's own issues. And that's pretty much it besides taking a picture or whatever.

All games are Grind games :lol:

Does anyone look at the seasonal event dates??
Corvette and mercedes-bendz concept cars end on the 24th. (Probably update after that) So Feb 25th.

Just wish some people would have a bit of common sense. GT6 is closed on Feb 29th through the 31st. So complain then.

Does anyone look at the seasonal event dates??
Corvette and mercedes-bendz concept cars end on the 24th. (Probably update after that) So Feb 25th.

Just wish some people would have a bit of common sense. GT6 is closed on Feb 29th through the 31st. So complain then.
Someone give this man a gold metal, seriously. Not even myself knew that. :P

What I want to say, Kaz is sometimes a bit ahead of himself, seems he predicts things for a far future. At least, most promises come pretty quickly.

...... GT6 is closed on Feb 29th through the 31st. So complain then.

Perfect timing for complaints. Every year. (Except leap years, when the complaints window can be shorter.)

However, to get around this limitation, there IS a dedicated thread called something like "Moans, Groans, Grizzles, Gnashing of Teeth, Rending of Clothes, Smashing of Glassware and Crockery and General Tantrums" where it's open season for complaints 365 days a year, and an even longer season in Leap Years.

Perfect timing for complaints. Every year. (Except leap years, when the complaints window can be shorter.)

However, to get around this limitation, there IS a dedicated thread called something like "Moans, Groans, Grizzles, Gnashing of Teeth, Rending of Clothes, Smashing of Glassware and Crockery and General Tantrums" where it's open season for complaints 365 days a year, and an even longer season in Leap Years.

Well, I agree, complaining about it all the time is pretty stupid. But, you must agree that PD do sometimes forget their promises, or at least make it come very late.

What I want to say, Kaz is sometimes a bit ahead of himself, seems he predicts things for a far future. At least, most promises come pretty quickly.

When it comes to a developer talking about a work in progress, it's never wise to take anything they say as a promise. View it as information on where they are in the process and what they are working on, nothing more.

It's just common sense.

When it comes to a developer talking about a work in progress, it's never wise to take anything they say as a promise. View it as information on where they are in the process and what they are working on, nothing more.

It's just common sense.

Well, sometimes Kaz does say: "It will come to GT but I can not tell you when."

But then, Kaz doesn't speak English so maybe the translator mistranslates that little word "will".

Last edited:
Let's do some 1st grade math...

And to keep it super simple, let's just pretend that all the promised post launch features are equal in size and complexity, and assume 12 months is the GT 6 support window, why? Because GT 7 will take a few years likely... And I don't see more development applied to GT 6 past December 2014

1) There are 8 features promised on the official site.

2) it's been 2.5 months

In about another week, if we assume its 12 months of support...

25% of that time is already gone...

Again, this is just based on promised features. Patches and marketing Fantasy cars don't count... And I find it really hard to place any value on the RB events...

I suppose the same math could be applied to the VGT cars and it's even worse if they mean to stream those cars out... But I don't really care about them, pure marketing.

Further! Some really 'cheap' yet really effective promotions, would have been an event tied to; Daytona 24, or Bathurst 12... Just seemed like such an easy thing to have done something similar to Red Bull, minus the licenses.

Well, sometimes he does say: "It will come to GT but I can not tell you when."

But then, Kaz doesn't speak English so maybe the translator mistranslates that little word "will".

Mistranslation or not, it's work in progress so the rule still applies: Don't take it as a promise.

It's fine to board the hype-train, but it's quite naive to take everything you hear or read as a promise. Critical thinking - what happened to it?

1) There are 8 features promised listed on the official site.

Fixed.

Mistranslation or not, it's work in progress so the rule still applies: Don't take it as a promise.

It's fine to board the hype-train, but it's quite naive to take everything you hear or read as a promise. Critical thinking - what happened to it?

Fixed.

Critical thinking is still there, don't worry. But if someone says that something will be added, then it's quite normal to treat it like a promise. Maybe Kaz should lower his ambitions a bit: the moon missions and VGT cars were cool but there are other things to fix and add!

Well, I agree, complaining about it all the time is pretty stupid. But, you must agree that PD do sometimes forget their promises, or at least make it come very late.

I sincerely doubt that they either "forget" or actually "make" releases arrive late.

This is the nature of software development, especially when that software is as complex as modern video games.

I was a software Product Manager who had to deal with the balancing act between schedule, scope, budget and quality. Software projects which come in on target for all four of these are extremely rare, and typically confined to really, really short, simple projects.

Rushing software out the door is the enemy of quality. Low quality is an enemy of customer satisfaction.

On the other hand, perfect quality is the enemy of timely release of software, and therefore also hurts customer satisfaction.

Yet it is still human nature to be optimistic, so it's a natural temptation to provide attractive schedule estimates, as it is also natural to interpret schedule estimates as "promises".

So let us hang in there with patience, we have a lot to be thankful for in two superbly entertaining games even if neither is "perfect".

Well, there you reminded me of half-assed games... 👍 Anyway, maybe it really is my optimism and inexperience in complex software making. But there are other companies that make games and updates faster, is it because of the larger staff or what? Because PD certainly has the money...

Critical thinking is still there, don't worry. But if someone says that something will be added, then it's quite normal to treat it like a promise.

With or without will, the rule still stands: When it's about work in progress, don't take it as a promise. Take it as a plan, an intention, a wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back