It's now March; where is our promised community update?

• Thread starter soap_hand
  • 2,036 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming you have that to start with. ;)

What games now days are actually complete? :lol: Lets face it, internet updates with more content are the wave of the future.

A lot of games are, or are really close, and use updates to fix small issues. Name another console game that was as incomplete as GT6 is, with the amount of bugs and issues, that were launched with features "to come at a later date" and then communicate nothing while they hold on to the money you paid for the game at full price.

The closest instance I can think of was GTA5 online, and it was met with sufficient communication from Rockstar, addressed ASAP, and they gave everyone half a million credits as an apology for the embarrassment of online not being ready in time.

GT6 has not communicated anything except pivot answers that would make a politician give kudos, there are still way too many bugs and online is worse than it was in GT5. All from a Sony backed studio!

Rockstar has made PD look like GT5 was their first attempt at a game from a start-up studio. Amateurs, in other words.

Oh, and GTA5 was developed in less time...

PD has made this release a game half-assed and then try to make up for it later their model for releasing a game, and I can 97% guarantee you it will be the death of the series when other studios start turning out better racing titles in less time. The only thing you guys are doing by making excuses for PD is making it acceptable for this to keep occuring. I, for one, won't stand for it and will go elsewhere unless things change, and so will droves of others.

Last edited:
All this fighting...if only everyone had a perfect GT6 and perfect bag of weed, oh the love that would flood this place lol..

I wish this thread either A. Wouldnt of been started at all, because we received our update before February ended. Or B. Got started after February, because we never received it. But as of now, we should just be waiting instead of fighting out of frustration. Afterall, its still February.

Good for you, so what are you doing here? Unfortunately some of us can't afford a gaming PC. But you don't see me in the AC forum posting about GT6.

I stop in her once in a great while to see if they(PD) came up with any new updates or whatever to improve a sorely lacking game,last I checked that is still the quickest way to get any info on GT6,as far as being able to afford a gaming computer,yeah,that what happens when you work all your life,retire and have desposable income.

I see GT6 in a similar light to rFactor 2. Both are in a process of continual production and improvement and yet had to be purchased to access and play. The main differences are that ISI acknowledge the beta status of their product and communicate effectively through their forums, whereas PD, for some bizarre reason I can't fathom, won't admit anything and refuse to offer us even a crumb to keep our attention. That's not hating, its just a sad fact.

A lot of games are, or are really close, and use updates to fix small issues. Name another console game that was as incomplete as GT6 is, with the amount of bugs and issues, that were launched with features "to come at a later date" and then communicate nothing while they hold on to the money you paid for the game at full price.

That's specific enough that there would be no games like it. That does work in favor of your point, and I agree with it, but there are some games that have fallen a little short. Notably not on the same level. GTA V as you have mentioned of course but Rockstar had also released Midnight Club: LA before it was fully complete. They added almost up to another half of the city later on once it was done and ready. For free.

Console games for the most part are always going to be finished or nearly there. I remember I had made a post about how it's more acceptable for PC games to lag behind with content. It's a constant thing on that platform, but that's a different ball game.

I see GT6 in a similar light to rFactor 2. Both are in a process of continual production and improvement and yet had to be purchased to access and play. The main differences are that ISI acknowledge the beta status of their product and communicate effectively through their forums, whereas PD, for some bizarre reason I can't fathom, won't admit anything and refuse to offer us even a crumb to keep our attention. That's not hating, its just a sad fact.

I've always wondered if it was the language barrier, but surely they can make the effort. I would want to believe it's simply the way of the Japanese people.

The suggestion threads are indeed quite useful and i also hope they finally use our customer feedback, but on the years I spend here at GTP the issues people had gripes with all this time have not been addressed at all, which leads me to believe either they don't really care what is said here, or they just don't bother translating it in Japanese.

Maybe this is the first time that GTP has offered such a structured approach. Maybe there have been other priorities.

I'm a newcomer to GT, having started with GT5 just weeks before GT6 arrived, but I do observe that GT6 addressed things that I recognized as GT5 weaknesses, and that have been called out in an unstructured way in these forums.

Ones which come to mind right away are:-

Much faster load times
Greatly improved menu structure
Non-segregation of Premium and Standard cars
More tracks
Access to all cars with no requirement to "unlock" them

From what I've read, it is common practice for PD to evolve a game over time with free updates. I'm more used to the Forza experience where there is no significant functional evolution. I think I like the PD approach since it adds "freshness".

And while I'm on the subject of Forza and responsiveness to customer requests, ever since Forza 3, we have been clamoring for them to restore the ability to tune in the lobby. GT customers take this for granted, but imagine having to exit an online lobby just to tweak the brake balance. Then you have to be invited back in by the lobby owner, at which point, FM will pop you into the lobby, but in some randomly chosen car, not the one which you just tuned and therefore occupied. And for how long have Forza customers been asking for weather and time change? The list goes on and on and on. I posted a list of things which the FM forum users state have been dropped from FM5.

But back to GT6.

Looking at the big picture, GT6's potential release window arrived at a very "interesting" time. Close to the releases of both Xbox One and Forza Motorsport 5. And to add further "interest", it was close to the PS4 release date. Turn 10 couldn't afford to miss the Xbox One release date, and Forza devotees can see the result. Tracks, cars, functionality, all thrown off the release and the fans expect that when and if they return, they will be via paid DLC.

Likewise, GT6 was looking at a very finite launch window. To have delayed much beyond the FM5 release date would have allowed FM5 to enter the market unopposed, and sacrificed market presence.

I don't pretend to have any knowledge of the original GT6 content plan, however, it looks to me that PD had to make some hard decisions to prune GT5 functions out of GT6 due to the tight timeframe, while still retaining sufficient content and improvement to maintain competitiveness. They also had the PS3/PS4 platform decision to make beforehand.

I'm not at all surprised about the choices they made. Those choices and the "promises" of things to come such as triple-screen attracted me into GT (from FM1/2/3/4), and I'm more than satisfied with my decision.

It's not a language barrier that's stopping pd. It's the fact that they are busy enjoying our money and probably see spending money fixing glitches/ adding content is worth less than working on their next installment. Just look at call of duty, it doesn't matter how you release a game or how much you support it afterwards. People will still buy it and money will still be made. Im sure they bank on making their most sales in the few weeks after release before bad press finally emerges after people have time to figure it out.

I just hope that they don't do what Warner Bros. did to Arkam Origins where they blatantly stated that they were not going to fix major bugs but continuing their DLC plan. :banghead: It can't get to that right? :nervous:

The servers are still up, PD is clearly still supporting both GT6 and GT5.
The servers being up, means nothing.
Actual support, means they are supporting the game. We have so many empty promises left by PD it's insane.

Your fan boy is showing.

Patience. I waited on GT5. Don't you dare tell me about patience kid.

"Now be patient little sheep - don't complain, things will get better soon, I promise" - Kaz

I'm not a fan of how PD has lied, and failed to follow through on a ton of things.. I mean, I have fun with the game, don't get me wrong. I assure you, once Community features and what ever else comes out, we will think back to these times and say "How did we survive without these".

These are big parts of the game, that we don't have access to. It genuinely annoys me.

People NEED to complain, question, and make a large deal about the unbelievably horrible launch this game has went through. Things don't change until the people that fill your pockets become more and more unhappy with your product. (GT6 Sales are my proof).

Last edited:
It's not a language barrier that's stopping pd.

Yes well aware, they could easily attempt it.

It's the fact that they are busy enjoying our money

What exactly is wrong with that? You do your job, you get paid, use that money to have fun. Right? Isn't that what we all do? It's not a fact they're busy with their paycheck, we don't know their schedule and I'm sure there not always at the office working on the game. We only know of Mr Yamauchi going places and doing other things, doesn't mean they all are.

and probably see spending money fixing glitches/ adding content is worth less than working on their next installment.

While yes, they could be working on fixing issues with GT6, they're trying to push into the PS4 platform. I don't really have an opinion on their choices, but that's what they're doing.

Just look at call of duty, it doesn't matter how you release a game or how much you support it afterwards. People will still buy it and money will still be made. Im sure they bank on making their most sales in the few weeks after release before bad press finally emerges after people have time to figure it out.

Call of Duty isn't really a good example when it's the same thing over and over again. It's a straight forward recurring formula that works very well so there's no reason for them to change it up. PD is not in this sort of mindset, always trying to do something different. I wonder if they have a board of priorities, I bet it'd be funny to see.

I would rather not believe that, I'd rather believe its some ridiculous corporate pride than judge an entire nation.

I wouldn't necessarily want it to be the case, but better than a language barrier excuse. They're really perfectionists though, even if something is wrong it is not pointed out for the public's viewing. That's along the lines I meant for the Japanese people notion. They still live up to the honor code. It's their culture.

I completely fail to understand where people who support the "be patient" movement are coming from?!?!?!? You guys can't be serious...or are you so blinded/distracted by the pretty birds and moon missions that you can't see what the issues are??

Perhaps I'm making an arse out of myself when I assumed that, after shelling out $60 of my hard earned dollars, I wouldn't have to "patiently wait" for "features" such as copy & paste between settings sheets, or a reset to default button in the tuning menu....both of which were in GT5. The same can be said for shuffle racing.

That would be like buying FIFA '15, only to find out there are no EPL teams, or buying the next CoD and finding there are no handguns, and that they will be "added later at some unspecified date"

Perhaps I'm speculating too much, but the simple fact that these "features" weren't included in the game really lead me to believe that hardly anyone at PD actually plays this game for anything more than 10 minutes. These are simple, intuitive functions that should be second nature to anyone who spends any amount of time with a racing "sim" such as GT.

Speaking of "sim", that reminds me of the god-mode, off-track TCS that cannot be turned off. I guess an option to turn this off is another "feature" I'll have to "wait patiently" for.

To those defending Kaz, saying it's not entirely his fault, as he is not the only person working on the game....need I remind you, he is the captain of the PD ship, and is ultimately responsible for everything that goes on. When a ship runs aground, the responsibility lies solely on the captain's shoulders.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for Kaz's body of work, and what he has done for the console gaming industry. But eventually, everyone's run comes to an end. I'm not asking for his head on a platter, but I truly feel that his time as the leader of PD has come to an end, and it is time for him to step aside. Perhaps stay on as a senior advisor or something, but right now, that ship is such a mess that they can't even find the compass to figure out which way they are going.

If the track release date will be delayed i'm forced to visit Kaz and talk with him few words...
It's enough all those empty promises.
PD should have a look in this forum once so they will know whats going on with their fanbase.
I sold my old ps3 after playing GT5 and when GT6 was announced i again bought a NEW PS3 and GT6 for total 300~ €! I hoped that PD really learned from the past. Now I sit here and looking at the GT6 Home at my Screen and really think what I could do now. I did everything already and It's not fun at all it can't be! I sit on the ps2 24/7 and played GT4 and i do NOT get bored at all. They really need a Masterplan to get the trust of their supporters back. I do not hate PD otherwise i wouldn't play it. I can't be the only one who has this opinion about the current Situation.:guilty::(

Last edited:
GT6 and RF1/2 are indeed about the same. Unpolished turds.
RF without its modding community would have never become as good as it has and one day RF2 will reach those heights as well, I think it will. In it's current state, it's not really all that appealing. (though I haven't touched it this year)
GT6 doesn't have the luxury of user generated content to save it. Even when the GPS track generator comes out, it would have to be quite something to live up to the hype and expectations that many have for it.

I would rather not believe that, I'd rather believe its some ridiculous corporate pride than judge an entire nation.

Whatever you'd prefer to believe, there are significant cultural differences in the way Japanese and American companies choose to communicate internally, externally with their customers, and the world at large.

To insult them (PD) by choosing the term "ridiculous corporate pride" is to demonstrate cultural ignorance and a lack of cultural empathy and experience.

As I have said a number of times, it is certain that PD reads these forums.

This insensitivity coming from a Moderator of a respected forum which is dedicated to discussions of a Japanese company's product is totally inappropriate, and sends entirely the wrong message.

If you feel it necessary to post like this, may I suggest you create a non-Moderator pseudonym to do so. And change the handle of your Moderator persona. Think how it must look to PD when they see how a Moderator who delivers cultural insults describes him/herself.

vag·a·bond
ˈvagəˌbänd/
noun
a person who wanders from place to place without a home or job.

Things to do besides searching gtp for threads about nothing whatsoever and argue a mute point:

- work for 8hrs (or more)
- read a book
- play gt5
- walk your dog
- get a girlfriend
- play gt4
- go for a drive
- learn jujitsu
- tweet Kaz ur thoughts and see if he gives a rats a**

I'm sure there are a few other things I just can't think of atm...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care about a new track, I care about getting the game out of it's current BETA state, fixing all the bugs and sorting out the horrid online issues, bringing the features that were promised before release like the community features and such.

After all of that, then I could deal with new cars and tracks. Fix the 🤬 that needs to be addressed first, you know since the game was released at full price we should be able to expect a stable, complete title and not this garbage PD calls GT6 currently.
Quoted the whole thing again so that some people get to read that again.

I feel like we are getting conned. We paid £/$/€60 for half finished game and now we are wondering whether they are going to deliver at all. It took PD almost a year to release Spec 2. This is unlikely to happen with GT6 because of the PS4 and the cash to be made there.

But alright, I shouldn't be such a cynic. The money is being put to good use by Kaz himself. The GT-R is not going to drive itself around the Nürburgring, is it?

Quoted the whole thing again so that some people get to read that again.

I feel like we are getting conned. We paid £/$/€60 for half finished game and now we are wondering whether they are going to deliver at all. It took PD almost a year to release Spec 2. This is unlikely to happen with GT6 because of the PS4 and the cash to be made there.

But alright, I shouldn't be such a cynic. The money is being put to good use by Kaz himself. The GT-R is not going to drive itself around the Nürburgring, is it?

He cruises with the AMG speedboat around the nordschleife :lol:

BWX
I learned not to believe anything Kaz says years ago.

Fool me once, etc..

I think he has huge issues with anything resembling the truth.

5d1a8b845abd978cca140a1bf71b5524d1e7de442442537481bb22049d2a6d9e.jpg

:lol: had to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back