It's now March; where is our promised community update?

• Thread starter soap_hand
  • 2,036 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this will be the new VGT BMW
image-jpg.122253

That's the BMW i8, a car that's been known for several years. Not a VGT, even if it only has a passing resemblance in the front to the preview picture of BMW's VGT.

Except this time it's actually an announced update rather than a bunch of people thinking that a maintenance will bring new content.

You mean like all the others "announced updates" ? What makes this any different ? It's coming from the same people after all.

I doubt they will miss this one because of specific circumstances surrounding this particular announcement/confirmation but to be 100% sure with PD ?

:lol:

Who is this "Jordan" character, and what are his credentials?

The creator of the #1 Gran Turismo fan site: GTPlanet.

He has traveled the world and taken part in many GT related press releases and events. One who has met Kaz personally and whom has received info regarding the GT series 1st hand. He's a journalist who has also made it into the movie Kaz for his works and contributions towards the GT series through the number one fan based site which you are currently a member of.

Last edited:
You mean like all the others "announced updates" ? What makes this any different ? It's coming from the same people after all.
This is what I mean:
(...) a bunch of people thinking that a maintenance will bring new content.
This is not what I mean:
Except this time it's actually an announced update (so it surely comes out soon without being postponed!) rather than a bunch of people thinking that a maintenance will bring new content.
What is more, they feel it's OK to be disappointed because there was no new content after server maintenance.

Who is Jordan?
WHO IS JORDAN?

The king among kings.
The ultimate prophet of GT community.
The influential fan.
The one who shall reign supreme over all with his unknown judgement and knowledge beyond human comprehension.
The Grand One before all time.
They say that 'Liber Samekh' was censored and renamed to 'Ritual for the Attainment of the Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Jordan'.

Nobody knows why exactly he founded GTPlanet.
Was it to gain power? Was it to create a link between his people and us Earth-dwellers? One can only wonder...

Last edited:

Except its Jordan (The only person that's managed to get any information on this update) that has told us this time so no, its not "coming from the same people"

Are you kidding me? He's the admin of this site as well as one of very few people who have been able to get any actual answers about GT6. How's that for "Credentials"?

Ok so now where is it that he himself states when the update is coming?

This post here:

We will be getting something within 7 days. Big car companies love Making the trip to snowy cities in Winter.

Can't believe someone is actually doubting the same guy who does actually asks the question the fans want him to ask, attends all (or most) of these events all the while running this site.

Absolutely disgusted.

Collision of dropped expectations... Patches, expected content (track), missed dates (all), expected features (5-8 in all), monthly (free) dlc, VGT (timeline isn't adding up to the number), etc...

It's all rolled together at this point... I can't even distinguish between then anymore...

Anyone with any expectation no matter how small or big is sharing the same bath water...

He must have contacted the Elders - the only... entities he has no choice but to obey.

To end my silly remarks, he actually has some contacts and first-hand info out of reach for us mortals.

(...) missed dates (all) (...)

:lol::lol::lol:
Actually, wait... they released the game as intended! 💡

Thanks racecar, with 1500 posts its kinda hard to sort the bs.

With all of what Jordan says, I trust because he may be the most worthy person based on the source of his info.

As you can see, Jordan said we would get something, he didn't use the word "update". We could end up with a new beemer and nothing else, which at this point wouldn't surprise me.

Previous updates have been released on Tuesday at 3:00 AM GMT.

It's either a tuesday or we wait another week (hopefully not)

PD is avoiding contact with the community for some reason.

The last time they spoke with us was on the 14th of January, I think, changing the date of the Red Bull X Challenge complete reveal.

Then before that, well, enjoy playing that guessing game.

Something I discovered on the Facebook page...

Anyone remember the Photomode pic, posted in the Photomode-forums here, of a Laguna blue Camaro Z28 on Volk TE37's, at Gemasolar ?. It must've been posted last month or late-Jan.

They've posted that image on their page, but I see no credit to the original source, I'd grab a copy to show you, but I'm on my phone atm. I'm sure if you go to the GT Facebook page you'll see it and instantly recognize it.

Anyone else find that fishy ?, especially with their silence and "the outside world does not exist, Mr. Yamauchi." mentality ?

I don't think PD can do anything, 'in 7 days', to save-face anymore.
Is the official FB page ran by PD or even sony or is it a 3rd party company running it?

So... To get my facts straight in this thread of ramblings, I did some digging and compiled these details from a select group of posts. Anyone wondering about future updates planned for this week?

This is what we have so far:

This is the info we've received from GTP News, and it may or may not have been correctly translated from what Kaz actually said.

"A new track is coming for Gran Turismo 6, set to be released some time in February."

"Although the Sony and Polyphony Digital representatives on-hand at the event kept most of the details about the location secret, they did confirm we’ll be learning more about it in an update coming to the game this February."

"Based around the town of Zahara de la Sierra in Andalusia, Spain, the new track will be the longest in GT6 - longer than even the Nurburgring Nordschleife’s 26km of tarmac. As previously announced, it will be released in February, along with the Red Bull X2014 Standard and X2014 “Fan Car” models."

Note that the information seems to have some discrepancies. Also, I've been told that Kaz said the track would be around 27km which means it won't actually be "the longest in GT6".

I think PD's once-in-a-blue-moon, vague, one-sentence statements may be getting mistranslated, meaning the obscenely low amount of communication we are getting may not even be correct.

Jordan replied...
Those quotes are all mine, and they're all correct; they don't come from Kazunori, but from the SCEA and PD representatives I spoke with when I hosted the round-table discussion on PlayStation's Twitch channel. Of course, plans must have clearly changed since that time.

If it's any consolation, I have spoken with SCEA and the update is coming, but exactly when that will be remains a mystery.

Considering the aforementioned, Jordan is speaking of the Zahara/track update in his response.

Next:
Jordan, please; do you know if the update has a chance at being released this weekend? The answer will lessen drama around here dramatically... even if it's the answer we don't want to hear.

We will be getting something within 7 days. Big car companies love Making the trip to snowy cities in Winter.

This must be a riddle for a new VGT car... Snowy cities.... where is it snowing... It snows in Geneva. When is the Geneva auto show?

edit: Geneva auto show times, press days March 2-3, 2014; that's definitely within 7 days.

edit edit: Snow forecasted for March 1st.

Thank you, Jordan!
Guys, look at the capital letters in Jordan's riddle;)

This leads me to believe that we can expect some car related DLC this week, but nothing is concrete in relation to the track. More so, Jordans posts are a mere 30 minutes apart from each other, so it's unlikely that he was suddenly informed of something major when 30 minutes prior, it was a "mystery".

That's my take on things..., Hope it helps.

Last edited:
I think the thing that's pissing us off is not the delayed update and DLCs (well, maybe partly), but the fact that they're not communicating with their community.

This is clearly the case already and has been stated by many 100 times over. There is even a change.org petition if you care to sign it...
https://www.change.org/petitions/polyphony-digital-communication-regarding-gt6-content#share
https://www.change.org/petitions/polyphony-digital-communication-regarding-gt6-content#share

Previous updates have been released on Tuesday at 3:00 AM GMT.

It's either a tuesday or we wait another week (hopefully not)

You know, that's an interesting point about avoiding... The complaints across all forums and from the general consumers is at a point that its actually hard to not communicate something...

When consumers get laud enough, marketing and PR start echoing them internally...

So something has to be communicated soon... And more than an update as that might further enrage people if it doesn't give some degree of understanding are make up for all the silence.

Is the official FB page ran by PD or even sony or is it a 3rd party company running it?

I don't know for sure, but being the "official" page for GT, whoever runs it should be 'in' the shut-in of communications enough for fan compliants to be coming to light, hopefully.

I think the thing that's pissing us off is not the delayed update and DLCs (well, maybe partly), but the fact that they're not communicating with their community.

Now your getting it :P

Last edited:
The more i think about it the more i believe that they are trying to get more out in the one update, the downside is its taking them longer to get it to us than previously told. I would also hope that they are play testing the crap out of it so there isnt stuff broken by fixing something else....

@ as for their lack of communication, i have been saying for months that this is the biggest thing they need to address. If they were to come out and say "we are having issues getting the new features finished, or working the way we want" then we would all take a big breath and be a little more patient.

Our raceonoz race leagues are into our 5th round this week, and there have been no fixes for any of the issues that affect our league. Some of the guys are losing patience, but hopefully my prediction is right an we get something big in the next few weeks before we start testing for season 2.

Another thing i find frustrating, is the "mini updates" have dried up as well. Things like fixing the RA menu should be a little fix, or the timing glitch is very frustrating during qualifying...

Anyway, like most of you, i am holding out hope that the next patch is done properly and new content as well as glitch fixes will put us all at ease.

This leads me to believe that we can expect some car related DLC this week, but nothing is concrete in relation to the track. More so, Jordans posts are a mere 30 minutes apart from each other, so it's unlikely that he was suddenly informed of something major when 30 minutes prior, it was a "mystery".

That's my take on things..., Hope it helps.
I hope so too, considering I've already pointed out the specifics twice myself.

SCEA confirm - update on its way but with no ETA at this point. At least we know it exists, though.

BMW extra content coming within 7 days - nothing to do with update.

Everyone clear on this yet? We don't want a riot next week when no update comes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back