It's now March; where is our promised community update?

• Thread starter soap_hand
  • 2,036 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't let it bother you. We should at least wait until the next GT6 update. I expected, as most of us did, to receive an update for GT6 in February plus the the new track in Zahara. If the purchasers of GT6 don't receive anything within these next two weeks, then we ALL can say, "What in the F!"

Out of frustration and this time around, broken "promises".

Wow just Wow.
I read through 63 pages of mostly garbage in the search of - like many of you - information about the next big update. Yes they are late, yes there should be something coming soon, but when I read stuff like "thats the last GT game I ever bought for sure"... blah... Seriously?

I mean, yes they are late and yes its march already, but honestly, why don't you just play the game?

I played iRacing, GTR, GTR 2, Race07, Forza 1-4, Toca Racedriver 3 and V8 Superstars Next Challenge before this. For long periods of time and I can assure you, for your 60 bucks you're getting hell of a game with Gran Turismo. You think community support and communication with PD is bad? Think again. Forza 3 was a disaster, no communication with the dev whatsoever, sim aspects of the last game before were missing, no public online lobbies, just hoppers, etc... and no response, no updates. Only DLC. PAID DLC that should have been in the game in the first place.

Let PD figure things out, do you have your platinum trophy yet? Work on that meanwhile.
Heck even if they are late, at least they ARE working on something, that will be free of charge.
If this would be EA you'd be waiting, paying and THEN get something broken delivered.

Don't be so negative folks.

All of you that go back to GT5 or the cave you just crawled out of, have fun, good riddance really.

So really?
I got everything thats on my box of GT6, the game already HAS one of the biggest track selections in any racing game to date, monthly supply of even more tracks is - in my book - an added bonus. You could argue b-spec and those things are missing, because you had them in GT5, but as I mentioned in other games features of the predecessor constantly disappear in the sequel and people usually take it as a given. Here you at least know its coming.

Don't get me wrong. More communication is always better obviously, as is more content, but things are not as bad as people tend to make it, you still got:

• over 1200 cars (a considerable amount of them being premium, higher amount than total cars in Forza 5)
  • over 70 tracks and many more layouts, more than in most other games
  • the most sensitive and rewarding force-feedback (subjective though)
  • professional simulation for a lousy 60 bucks
  • tire wear, fuel consumption (missing in so many games)
  • convenient online lobby system
  • many challenges and missions to master that do improve your driving skill
  • seasonal events to tackle for some extra skill and in game credits
  • going for the platinum trophy
I know this might sound like I am a fanboy, but seriously, I have so much stress and trouble in my real life, Im enjoying GT6 whenever I can, and the moment they patch in new features, cars and tracks, I'll be there enjoying them, but until then I know: they'll come. I wouldn't get worried until they completely forget about monthly track DLC for 2 months in a row.

And lets wait and see if the autoshow is doing something for the game first!
Peace.

There was so much wrong with your post but this one really made me chuckle.

It is not about content for a dollar. It is about what you can do with it and respect for the customer. Now we lack both.

It is not about content for a dollar. It is about what you can do with it and respect for the customer. Now we lack both.

I still wonder why you bought it after being undecided, then adamant that it was awful based on others' feedback. I'm not accusing you of hypocrisy, everyone's free to change their mind, but I just wonder what caused you to change yours!

I still wonder why you bought it after being undecided, then adamant that it was awful based on others' feedback. I'm not accusing you of hypocrisy, everyone's free to change their mind, but I just wonder what caused you to change yours!

I would think some people bought it so they could join the revolution revelation lynch mob community based activities.

Wow so much negativity still. Why do you even bother with the franchise then if its all so bad?
Obviously we cannot have a multi million dollar F1-racing simulator in our homes and from all the other games i listed in my original post GT seems to have the most realistic simulation going on. And again, 60 bucks is a steal, at least in my book.

But there are always people who like to complain about the 3 things they didn't get instead that they enjoy the 50 things they DID get. While you spend your time on these boards being miserable, Im going to work on the last few trophies needed for my plat, being confident that there is a patch coming my way until im done with that.

So really?
I got everything thats on my box of GT6,...

You must have a different box then. Also just look at the GT website. It promises features that are not yet implemented at release. You can like that or not but it is clearly stated that they will come at a later point. So I do expect to actually get those features as (although not present at the time of purchase) they are part of the deal. Why should I be grateful for PD simply fulfilling their part of the deal?

Is the game worth 60$ at its current state? Some people will say yes, some will say no. I would rather tend towards yes as I do have lots of fun with it despite the bugs it still has and the weak game design choices. But I still do expect PD to hold up their part of the deal in a reasonable time frame.

do you ever hear Iracing rfactor2 assetto corsa game stock car2013? much better physics than GT6
This is the forum of GT6, briging here PC games is irrelevant and off-topic. We already know that a PC can be a million times more powerful than the PS3...

• over 1200 cars (a considerable amount of them being premium, higher amount than total cars in Forza 5)
  • over 70 tracks and many more layouts, more than in most other games
  • the most sensitive and rewarding force-feedback (subjective though)
  • tire wear, fuel consumption (missing in so many games)
  • convenient online lobby system
  • many challenges and missions to master that do improve your driving skill
  • seasonal events to tackle for some extra skill and in game credits
  • going for the platinum trophy

Peace.

All what you have listed is in the game, but it is worse or not improved over GT5.
- 1200 Cars. Great. How many are in your garage? Do you have all Miatas and Skylines? Whats the point in the amount of cars? Its a platform for the manufacturers to promote their cars. PD gets actually paid for this. This is why new cars come as DLC when they come out or there is an autoshow.
- The FFB is really subjective and not a valid point at all
- This has been discussed already
- You could leave it off GT6 as well since it doesn´t simulate anything. Running out of fuel after 3-4 Laps? Really?
- Online Lobby system is crap. Thats why there are still more GT5 Online players than GT6
- My driving skill were improved in GT5. Challenges and Missions are mostly for beginners. AI is bad as ...... And I dont need driving skills on the moon.
- Seasonal is a joke. Time Trials with little money reward... where are the races?
- What do I need the platinum trophy for? What does it give to me? I can place it in my I-LOVE-MYSELF-corner... good.

But I want a racing game, that is fun. GT6 is boring. Online ist unstable. Career was finished after 2-3 weeks. Whats left? Seasonals are Time trials. Once you gold them, you are finished. It would be more entertaining to have the things they said will be in the game. They promised content. (PD). I dont care when it comes. I just hope it comes at all. But for god sake, they can at least talk to us. New tracks to master is always fun. Course maker and race editor = fun. Even B-Spec will bring some fun. (not for all though)

Now we know there might be a DLC within this week. But who knows... The problem with GT6 is, that it is a moneymaking product. It´s released before PS4 with half the content as promised. For the full price. So far all Updates are free. Crossing fingers it stays this way. But the game already dropped from 70 to 40 bucks sales price. That makes me wonder a bit. When thay start to offer DLC with the promised original content for money... oh boy. This forum will go nuts.

Let´s just hope they do a good job on the new stuff and that they are actually working on new stuff. And that they may talk to us more often. I have this feeling GT6 is a testbed for GT7...:ill:

do you ever hear Iracing rfactor2 assetto corsa game stock car2013? much better physics than GT6
Yes, I tried asset to corsa but I wasn't impressed though. But again, might be personal preference, I also found iRacing to be seriously lacking.

You must have a different box then. Also just look at the GT website. It promises features that are not yet implemented at release. You can like that or not but it is clearly stated that they will come at a later point. So I do expect to actually get those features as (although not present at the time of purchase) they are part of the deal. Why should I be grateful for PD simply fulfilling their part of the deal?

Is the game worth 60$ at its current state? Some people will say yes, some will say no. I would rather tend towards yes as I do have lots of fun with it despite the bugs it still has and the weak game design choices. But I still do expect PD to hold up their part of the deal in a reasonable time frame.

Where does it say that? I got the anniversary metal box and it doesn't say anything like that on the box. Also I checked out that petition thing, the linked game description page only at the moment shows features that are in the game. I DO get your point though, its not that you or any other one need to beat me to make me understand that PD is late on its promises, I do get that and agree, I just mean that all the negativity is just not worth it.

Are you not for the better physics and higher fidelity graphics?
Simple question.
Yes I want better things in a game but this game is a let down at the moment but with a big update may change all that and than I be happy to stay with GT6 but if the update does not come well in the draw you go and out comes GT5 for a while and I am find to do that.

Where does it say that? I got the anniversary metal box and it doesn't say anything like that on the box. Also I checked out that petition thing, the linked game description page only at the moment shows features that are in the game. I DO get your point though, its not that you or any other one need to beat me to make me understand that PD is late on its promises, I do get that and agree, I just mean that all the negativity is just not worth it.

The negativity comes mainly from a combination of PD being delayed with updates and the lack of any kind of communication with a fan base that supported them for 15 years. For me the frustration also comes from my perception of GT6 that I posted here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/where-did-pd-go-wrong.303993/page-6#post-9397352

All what you have listed is in the game, but it is worse or not improved over GT5.
- 1200 Cars. Great. How many are in your garage? Do you have all Miatas and Skylines? Whats the point in the amount of cars? Its a platform for the manufacturers to promote their cars. PD gets actually paid for this. This is why new cars come as DLC when they come out or there is an autoshow.
- You could leave it off GT6 as well since it doesn´t simulate anything. Running out of fuel after 3-4 Laps? Really?
- Online Lobby system is crap. Thats why there are still more GT5 Online players than GT6
- My driving skill were improved in GT5. Challenges and Missions are mostly for beginners. AI is bad as ...... And I dont need driving skills on the moon.
- Seasonal is a joke. Time Trials with little money reward... where are the races?
- What do I need the platinum trophy for? What does it give to me? I can place it in my I-LOVE-MYSELF-corner... good.

But I want a racing game, that is fun. GT6 is boring. Online ist unstable. Career was finished after 2-3 weeks. Whats left? Seasonals are Time trials. Once you gold them, you are finished. It would be more entertaining to have the things they said will be in the game. They promised content. (PD). I dont care when it comes. I just hope it comes at all. But for god sake, they can at least talk to us. New tracks to master is always fun. Course maker and race editor = fun. Even B-Spec will bring some fun. (not for all though)

Now we know there might be a DLC within this week. But who knows... The problem with GT6 is, that it is a moneymaking product. It´s released before PS4 with half the content as promised. For the full price. So far all Updates are free. Crossing fingers it stays this way. But the game already dropped from 70 to 40 bucks sales price. That makes me wonder a bit. When thay start to offer DLC with the promised original content for money... oh boy. This forum will go nuts.

Let´s just hope they do a good job on the new stuff and that they are actually working on new stuff. And that they may talk to us more often. I have this feeling GT6 is a testbed for GT7...:ill:

I hear ya, but still.
1200 cars, sure are no valid argument, it looks nice on the box and in ads, but seriously, like you said, how many of them do you even WANT to drive. So far I got mostly everything I want as a premium model, I'd also enjoy some V8 Supercars further down the line but I'm not holding my breath and yes it's a bit weak on the european side of car models. The points you bring up about fuel consumption and online lobbies, can you name ANY console racing game where it is better? And don't say GT5 because it took them over a year to fix those things!

If GT6 is boring or not is very subjective and about the AI, name any other console racer that has a better AI, and don't say Forza because I've been playing that **** series for YEARS and the AI was abysmal.

Again, I wonder why you all still bother with GT if its all so upsetting, I came from many different racing games that I've tried and so far, everything I find in GT is better and I am sure in a few weeks time we'll all have that big content patch we're waiting for.

I bought it because I had some respect left for PD. I thought after having made GT5 and having fixed it to a playable state it wouldn't be an impossible task for them to finish a game even if it was going to happen "short after release".
Mainly their promise of a new sound engine influenced me to buy GT6.

Let me sum it up, I agree with all of you that GT6 has lots of more content coming, and yes they're late and yes communication is almost non existent. But still, for me, it's not like there is any better alternative for the kind of racing game I enjoy (high on sim, somewhat capable ai, somewhat stable online with plenty of options, simulation of fuel and tires, changing weather and daytime) on any system I own, which is a 360, PS3, PS4 and a quite capable PC.

Project Cars also promises A BOATLOAD of features, cars and tracks and I'm a founding team member in the alpha there since almost 2 years (paid upfront, got access early) and the ambition there is tremendous, graphics are awesome and they seem to implement everything a true racing fan can wish for (pit strategy, flags, fuel, tires, mechanical damage, slipstream, leaving rubber on the road, daytime, weather, tournaments, championships, car clubs, career mode, etc...) but so far (still alpha but they plan release in 2014) the physics need loads of work still.

So I'm left with GT6 and sure I could come up with plenty things that should be better, but compared to my other options, I'm really happy. And again, FORZA and TURN 10, that's a MESS of a franchise and communication.

I hear ya, but still.
1200 cars, sure are no valid argument, it looks nice on the box and in ads, but seriously, like you said, how many of them do you even WANT to drive. So far I got mostly everything I want as a premium model, I'd also enjoy some V8 Supercars further down the line but I'm not holding my breath and yes it's a bit weak on the european side of car models. The points you bring up about fuel consumption and online lobbies, can you name ANY console racing game where it is better? And don't say GT5 because it took them over a year to fix those things!

If GT6 is boring or not is very subjective and about the AI, name any other console racer that has a better AI, and don't say Forza because I've been playing that **** series for YEARS and the AI was abysmal.

Again, I wonder why you all still bother with GT if its all so upsetting, I came from many different racing games that I've tried and so far, everything I find in GT is better and I am sure in a few weeks time we'll all have that big content patch we're waiting for.

To be fair the rubber banding AI in GT6 is catastrophic. I haven't played Forza at all but I would have some trouble finding AI in another game that is worse than GT6. It just really kills me when I see the AI slowing down to let me win.

Let me sum it up, I agree with all of you that GT6 has lots of more content coming, and yes they're late and yes communication is almost non existent. But still, for me, it's not like there is any better alternative for the kind of racing game I enjoy (high on sim, somewhat capable ai, somewhat stable online with plenty of options, simulation of fuel and tires, changing weather and daytime) on any system I own, which is a 360, PS3, PS4 and a quite capable PC.

Project Cars also promises A BOATLOAD of features, cars and tracks and I'm a founding team member in the alpha there since almost 2 years (paid upfront, got access early) and the ambition there is tremendous, graphics are awesome and they seem to implement everything a true racing fan can wish for (pit strategy, flags, fuel, tires, mechanical damage, slipstream, leaving rubber on the road, daytime, weather, tournaments, championships, car clubs, career mode, etc...) but so far (still alpha but they plan release in 2014) the physics need loads of work still.

So I'm left with GT6 and sure I could come up with plenty things that should be better, but compared to my other options, I'm really happy. And again, FORZA and TURN 10, that's a MESS of a franchise and communication.

I actually really hope that PCars will deliver. But generally the problem is that there is just no competition in the console market. Some more competition would be great for us.

Wow so much negativity still. Why do you even bother with the franchise then if its all so bad?
I don't. I switched to pc sims.

Obviously we cannot have a multi million dollar F1-racing simulator in our homes and from all the other games i listed in my original post GT seems to have the most realistic simulation going on. And again, 60 bucks is a steal, at least in my book.

You really need to try out some other games. The world has moved on since 2008.

But there are always people who like to complain about the 3 things they didn't get instead that they enjoy the 50 things they DID get.

I had 90% of those things in GT5. A full price for 10% of the content and less features is hardly worth it. Besides what am I supposed to do with all that cars and tracks? Hotlap?

While you spend your time on these boards being miserable, Im going to work on the last few trophies needed for my plat, being confident that there is a patch coming my way until im done with that.
Well I'll be racing fast AI with amazing sounds in assetto corsa, while getting the promised contents and updates every second friday, while having a rich communication with the development team.

GT6 is a testbed for GT7. Good post by the way 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back