It's now March; where is our promised community update?

• Thread starter soap_hand
  • 2,036 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Points;

GT is unique in that it is one of the longest running franchises in gaming.

For 15 years (for some of us) we have bought in hook line and sinker into Kaz vision.

As such we have all formed a relatively consistent expectation and assumption to what GT would/could be today.

Other games have been developed in large part inspired by the the GT property and in many ways copying the formula (up to GT 4) and adding there own flair, further refining and proving what could be possible in GT.

GT has managed to sustain its core formula, physics and authentic assets. But has faultered in game design, undermining vision.

As a user base, we have had more examples than ever before of other racing games doing things that seem like common sence for GT yet no evolution happens with GT, the grand daddy of console racing games.

I could go on and on but many of you like to argue about manutia and then its low level details vs lower level details.

The issues with GT are increadably fundamental, they are at the vision layer, the layer we actually know the most about, and it's the lack of the latest product having very little in it that supports and furthers the grand vision.

Fundamental details are so simple like the fact that there is NO racing in GT 6. The product is inferior to not only GT 5 but every previous installment. Innovations like day/night transitions, tire/fuel wear, etc. being in the game but the game not really taking advantage of them from a fundamental level...

Use case: joe is like "wow! GT 6 can do all this stuff! He imagines in his head things like endurance races, race stratagy, rivalries, etc. He spends 20 hours with GT 6 and wonders "huh, not what I thought... I don't really need any of that stuff but I want to feel like a real race like on TV." He keeps playing... And 'gets it' "wait a sec! I'm not really racing anyone! I'm just chasing down the leader as if I spun out in the start of the race..."

It's like getting a new iphone, realizing it does less than the version you upgraded... It's really not long before you start eyeballing the android... And accepting the loss of the 100s of dollies you invested in apps and music as a loss for more functionality.

Even the frustrated are getting frustrated at the frustrated as we are debating details, like sumptoms, vs the core fundamental issue, the cause...

Go to any other GT forum and notice how when communities are more objective and civil they tend to have to round up, not down, and they sound more consistent.

Let's stop pretending that cars and tracks make a good game, numbers are just numbers. Without anything to support those numbers then they can be anything... 3k more cars won't make GT a better game... Many developers understand that less is more... Forza 4 knew that there 500 cars had more value than GT's 1000+... Too bad they pushed that logic to failure in 5... But the real issue there was also a reduced feature set from the previous version as well.

Customers expect A, and they are given B... Fail. And belive me, developers know A and take risks attempting A+ and sometimes fall to C... It's the nature of the creative business but GT has far less of an excuse to not reach A as they are closer to it than others... So it's particularly note worthy when most here would be happy with a GT 5+ than what we got with 6...

Last edited:
Just thought of some thing else, we had 2 updates in December and January. That makes 4 total thus far. No need to give one until April to keep up in the one a month thing.

Stop that! The only thing that was ever stated about "something every month" was Track DLC. Not updates. The only thing happening here is the desperation has twisted us into hoping for even so much as updates every month, which are completely unknown commodities compared to tracks.

Not. Good.

I won't be surprised and outraged by (hopefully not) minimal additions brought in 1.05 because it is a scenario foreseen by everyone - I'm expecting just that actually.

Let's keep it real - it's healthier. It is also healthier to move on to something else if you don't like GT6 - but without blasting your trumpet like a little child.

"TAATATATATATA I AM NOT PLAYING GT6 ANYMORE PEOPLE - DOES EVERYONE HEARD ME LOUD AND CLEAR??"

Because that mean you still care and quite a lot too. Indifference is a true sign of not caring about something.

Stop telling me how much you don't care and instead just start not caring. ;)

Not aiming this at anyone and not bashing people who complain - more like implying to self reflection in order to understand your true position on this as a fan.

I'm also guilty of the above as well stating what I will and what I won't do/play instead. Like if that changes the course the series has taken.

No it does not.

"My favorite Pizzeria is closing - I'll start eating Burgers and that will do it! Burgers are actually better!"

But in reality it is:

"My favorite Pizzeria is closing - I'll miss my favorite Pizzeria and I don't don't like Burgers that much otherwise I would be eating those in the first place"

Last edited:
it seems to me, Jordan wanted to say that the update will not come out on Tuesday, and another day
Sorry for bad English

it seems to me, Jordan wanted to say that the update will not come out on Tuesday, and another day
Sorry for bad English

Your English is fine! :) I can't find the exact quote but the way I understood the post from Jordan was that the "update" (VGT car at least) would be Friday of this week.

Your English is fine! :) I can't find the exact quote but the way I understood the post from Jordan was that the "update" (VGT car at least) would be Friday of this week.
He definitely never said or hinted at a VGT car.

He hinted at an update/something about BMW. That is all.

Jordan
If it's any consolation, I have spoken with SCEA and the update is coming, but exactly when that will be remains a mystery.

Jordan
We will be getting something within 7 days. Big car companies love Making the trip to snowy cities in Winter.

Last edited:
Sorry for bad English

No Jordan said that they were working on the update but had no ETA.

He then said when asked for an ETA that it would be within 7 days. He never said anything about a VGT car BMW or otherwise.

So Friday was just picked because that's when the Geneva Motor Show opens to the public. It doesn't guarantee anything.

He said that last Friday - so an update should hit with something before Friday, so either Tonight, tomorrow, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.

Jordan likely asked permission to share prior to his note in an attempt to keep the community from imploding.

If I was Jordan I'd be all up on Sony as he does have some leverage, whether he knows how much is another question.

Fan forum communities are like "boots on the ground" reps for games, like ambassadors. Stronger than retailers these days.

Publishers don't really have any folks like this beyond their Offical forums and community leaders on social networks... And those are the new entry levels gigs in the business so they are just kids with no ability to comment on anything... And likely know less than we do...

So its arguable that Jordan is up in the top 3rd of the crowd at Sony involved with PD... But even he can't state what he has not gotten approved.

The fact that they let him say what he did is rather remarkable. Circumventing Offical channels but Sony can always deny anything as rumor depending on the circumstances.

Jordan likely asked permission to share prior to his note in an attempt to keep the community from imploding.

If I was Jordan I'd be all up on Sony as he does have some leverage, whether he knows how much is another question.

Fan forum communities are like "boots on the ground" reps for games, like ambassadors. Stronger than retailers these days.

Publishers don't really have any folks like this beyond their Offical forums and community leaders on social networks... And those are the new entry levels gigs in the business so they are just kids with no ability to comment on anything... And likely know less than we do...

So its arguable that Jordan is up in the top 3rd of the crowd at Sony involved with PD... But even he can't state what he has not gotten approved.

The fact that they let him say what he did is rather remarkable. Circumventing Offical channels but Sony can always deny anything as rumor depending on the circumstances.

Can make one wonder just how far reaching influential GTP can be within the community.

EDIT for wording.

Red bull 5G in Japan will be available in GT6
In official site gt6 japan all details

Jordan says this, Jordan means that... The poor Jordan ist not authorized to tell us the truth.

I don`t believe in miracles, I do believe... in trailers. :D

Hightlights of the coming Updates (one day or onother) will be: Complete Interior on both Mercedes Vison Cars (WOW! amazing) :grumpy: and... tataaa, the orgininal race clothes including helmet "X-Bull Vision Sebastian Vettel". :crazy: You can buy that stuff for only 10.000 Ingame Credits. Great! Not enough: PD will give us another Kaz Trailer. Free download! ;)

Don`t like biting sarkasm? Sorry... :cheers:

Thanks, wish I could read Japanese.
So does Google:

March 3, Red Bull 5G held in 2014 was announced by the Japan Red Bull, PlayStation ® 3 exclusive software "Gran Turismo 6" was chosen as the title of the game RACING genre. It is a series of election for the third year in a row followed by 2012, 2013 of the "Gran Turismo 5". Sponsored by Red Bull Japan, the East-West tournament against Red Bull 5G that determines the game players of Japan No. 1 in five games of the genre of five. Qualifying period and title determination is different in each genre is 2014, RACING genre will be a first step. Online Qualifier conducted between April to June in the RACING genre, each eight top of the east-west (a total of 16 people) is responsible for qualifying and then offline. East and West as a representative of RACING genre, each two people who won (4 people) will to play a match at Red Bull 5G FINALS to be held in the end of 2014 with representatives of the four other genres.

:crazy:

Thanks, wish I could read Japanese.
March 3, Red Bull 5G held in 2014 was announced by the Japan Red Bull, PlayStation ® 3 exclusive software "Gran Turismo 6" was chosen as the title of the game RACING genre. It is a series of election for the third year in a row followed by 2012, 2013 of the "Gran Turismo 5".

Sponsored by Red Bull Japan, the East-West tournament against Red Bull 5G that determines the game players of Japan No. 1 in five games of the genre of five. Qualifying period and title determination is different in each genre is 2014, RACING genre will be a first step.

Online Qualifier conducted between April to June in the RACING genre, each eight top of the east-west (a total of 16 people) is responsible for qualifying and then offline. East and West as a representative of RACING genre, each two people who won (4 people) will to play a match at Red Bull 5G FINALS to be held in the end of 2014 with representatives of the four other genres.

Entry period:

March 3, 2014 to (Mon) - online qualifying last day
※ Please use the entry form from the relevant link at the bottom of the page

Online qualifying:

(Mon) 23:59 JST 2 (Mon) 12:00 - June April 7, 2014
※ It is held in "Gran Turismo 6" Seasonal events in

Please refer to the Red Bull 5G official site for more information about an overview of Red Bull 5G.

The RB 5G is only available for Japan anyway. We never got it in GT5 (unless through hacks) so it's unlikely we'll get it in GT6.

Thanks guys, I don't know how to make Google translate a page for me.

Looks like another contest like the Z4 Challenge.

Thanks guys, I don't know how to make Google translate a page for me.

February 18, 2014: Date of renovation
Held "BMW Z4 Challenge"
Gran Turismo 6

I will hold time trial event of BMW hosted the "BMW Z4 Challenge" in "Gran Turismo 6" from February 18, 2014.

This competition to compete the traveling time in the game and running time of the actual vehicle. It competes with the time of the test run the race car to compete in the SUPER GT of "BMW Z4 GT3" is done in early March, the time of the Z4 GT3 BMW players to run in the game, do the qualifying. It will allow players who have exceeded the time of the actual race vehicle becomes a qualifying pass, the process proceeds to the finals to be held in the game.

And present, available in "Gran Turismo 6" on to everyone all you have entry to as a participant Award "BMW M4 Coupe Frozen Black Metalic" winner-circuit event to be held in Istanbul in June 2014, "M Power Experience 2014 I invite you to. "
Please refer to "BMW Z4 Challenge" special page from the Related Links at the bottom of the page for more information schedule, how to participate, for the prize.

※ It is the need to pre-register in the "Gran Turismo dot-com" in the entry.
※ It is the event for customers with SEN account of Japan and living in Japan.

If the BMW VGT was getting revealed, we would have had a trailer and in-game pictures by last week. So I highly doubt the authenticity of the claims that the BMW VGT will be revealed this week.
We never do. We just get stuff and we have to be glad we're at least getting something.

Many developers understand that less is more... Forza 4 knew that there 500 cars had more value than GT's 1000+...
While I agree with much of your post, this one I have to quibble with. Otherwise fans wouldn't have asked for more DLC for Forza 4. You could argue that the reason that we want DLC in GT6 is because a number of significant cars are absent. But I understand human nature all too well, being one, and we're never satisfied. Can you imagine if Kaz announced that 2000 car models were available for GT7 but he thought that might be too much, and asked us how many cars should be in the game? And then if we did get 2K cars, that there would be no request for DLC? ;)

KAZ is a liar.... I hate liars
Whatever.

Yes, and evidently the deadline for entry has passed in Japan, March 3.

While I agree with much of your post, this one I have to quibble with. Otherwise fans wouldn't have asked for more DLC for Forza 4. You could argue that the reason that we want DLC in GT6 is because a number of significant cars are absent. But I understand human nature all too well, being one, and we're never satisfied. Can you imagine if Kaz announced that 2000 car models were available for GT7 but he thought that might be too much, and asked us how many cars should be in the game? And then if we did get 2K cars, that there would be no request for DLC? ;)
maybe , if they remove all the duplicates & add all the cars people want instead.
how many cars are now requested in suggestion forum? i havent check but it cant be more than 1 , 1.5k

Quoting a post that's already been removed? Even if it hadn't, why bother even responding to that. You've validated it through recognition of its existence. 👎
Well... you're quick, sorry. :lol:

maybe , if they remove all the duplicates & add all the cars people want instead. how many cars are now requested in suggestion forum? i havent check but it cant be more than 1 , 1.5k
True, and my post was a hypothetical. And I do believe that 1500 cars with few duplicates would be SO much that the need for DLC might be very small, just new cars from the upcoming year and future Vision GT creations. Tracks on the other hand... ;)

I'm one of the few who bought just about everything in GT5, and will do that in GT6 when I can get around to it. I haven't gone crazy yet because I'm not really milking the money races, just doing fun races with the cars I have and a few I want, and the payouts aren't lavish. But now that my Stockyard seems safe, one of these days, I'm going on a buying spree.

GT7 is completely up in the air. I could see PD reworking most of the Standards, or all, and including them along with new cars. Or they could all be Premium cars solely. Or upgraded Standards could be DLC. It's really hard to say what Kaz will decide, but if the cars are Premium only, some people won't be happy. Most people don't hate the Standard cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back