Jaguar XJ220 Pininfarina 1995

• Thread starter JKgo
  • 12 comments
South Africa
South Africa
Another Sultan of Brunei classic:
1995_Jaguar_XJ220Pininfarina1.jpg

Rumor has it that Sultan procured and then shipped out "one or two" Jag XJ220 to Pininfarina for complete re-design.

1995_Jaguar_XJ220Pininfarina2.jpg

No matter, as he also allegedly have 15 more XJ220s. It seems there were no power upgrades.

1995_Jaguar_XJ220Pininfarina3.jpg

I wonder when will the Sultan show the rest of the world his incredible car collection??

Maybe someone should start a new thread containing just cars owned by the Sultan.
According to ever-reliable Daily Mirror as of June 2010, Sultan owns 7000 cars. Seven.Thousand. All together worth about oh I don't know $ 300 Million, give or take a few million.
They include: 600+ Rolls-Royces, 570+ Mercedes Benzes, 452 Ferraris, 382 Bentleys, 209 BMWs, 179 Jaguars, 134 Koenigseggs, over 300 Aston Martins including 10 One-77s and, and.....
You know what I give up...:boggled:

Last edited:
I doubt that Sultan drives those beautiful cars. I would rather see car like this in museum where cars should stay in one place.

I doubt that Sultan drives those beautiful cars. I would rather see car like this in museum where cars should stay in one place.
He doesn't. Most of them, by which I mean the overwhelming majority of the thousands him and his brother bought since the 1970s, have been basically scrap metal for 15 or so years now.

Think how a car in a junkyard looks after a few months of sitting outside in the elements with the windows down, multiply that by a dozen years, and add obscenely hot/humid weather to the mix.

It would be good if Sultan had 50 extra rare cars and people who will keep them clean and working. I doubt that those cars work

Another Sultan of Brunei classic:

I wonder when will the Sultan show the rest of the world his incredible car collection??

Maybe someone should start a new thread containing just cars owned by the Sultan.
According to ever-reliable Daily Mirror as of June 2010, Sultan owns 7000 cars. Seven.Thousand. All together worth about oh I don't know $ 300 Million, give or take a few million.
They include: 600+ Rolls-Royces, 570+ Mercedes Benzes, 452 Ferraris, 382 Bentleys, 209 BMWs, 179 Jaguars, 134 Koenigseggs, over 300 Aston Martins including 10 One-77s and, and.....
You know what I give up...:boggled:

It would be a sad thread to read through, because as far as I know none of the cars in his collection can actually run and over half of them have rotted to the point of being un-salvageable:

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2011/03/the-sultan-of-bruneis-rotting-supercar-collection/

It would be a sad thread to read through, because as far as I know none of the cars in his collection can actually run and over half of them have rotted to the point of being un-salvageable:

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2011/03/the-sultan-of-bruneis-rotting-supercar-collection/
Thanks for the link. I knew I shouldn't have trusted Daily Mirror...Anyways what a TRAGEDY. All those one-of-a-kind Mercs and Ferraris and Porsches and god-knows-what-else rotting away, bought by a hoarder with too much money and too little care. :banghead:

IMO the front of this car is really not bad but the rear is a complete train wreck, despite that I still prefer the original and, to me, a premium version of the xj220 is enough. :cheers:

Back