JamMaster Jay from Run DMC shot in the head in NYCMusic 

• Thread starter Option2
  • 15 comments
Yeah, this farking sucks. So much other crap music out there, and it has to be Run-DMC that gets shot. :(

JMJ was from the one rap group that didn't promote violence, drugs, gangs, whorish behavior, etc. I'm glad the news reporter from CNN at least told the public that his death has nothing to do with above-mentioned crap (at least I hope not).

Jam Master was one of the best DJs ever, classic backgrounds you still hear to this day. And it's wasn't Eminem or Biggie or Tupac or Snoop Dogg that made rap popular today.

It really was Run-DMC. The Kings of Rock, there is none higher!

That's a shame. Run DMC rock the house. Why not N*Sync, or some other nonsense boy band (or Gareth Gates?)

Ive never heard of the guy, and i dont think ive heard of Run DMC. But it sounds like he was an allright guy and its a shame if that happens to anyone.

Originally posted by Rumple Foreskin
Ive never heard of the guy, and i dont think ive heard of Run DMC. But it sounds like he was an allright guy and its a shame if that happens to anyone.

They're the band that did the first "cross over" rock / rap thing. Aerosmith were the rock band "walk this way" was the song.

A sad day.......

I don't understand why he was shot. He wasn't a gangster or anything like that. Didn't he come from a suburban middle-class neighborhood? He doesn't seem like the guy that just gets shot in the head.

i heard of Run-DMC for the first time yesterday and thought, "i wonder if they'll be doing any concerts soon."

that sucks. HARD!

Back