Jann Mardenborough Drives the Legendary Nissan R92CP

He seemed to be having some issues with those downshifts. Hell of a car though.

Back in the late 90's, Keiichi Tsuchiya drove the R92CP at the old Fuji Speedway, pushed it hard, he was impressed with the car brutal performance, reaching crazy speed on the main straight. This is from the man who drove the Toyota TS020 GT One in Le mans, which he said to be much easier to drive. Amazing that the car is still going today :D

He seemed to be having some issues with those downshifts. Hell of a car though.

The kids today don't know how to use a manual gearbox. Back when I was working in F3 a Chinese driver did a test in an older car and said he had never driven a race car with a H pattern shift before. Still has to be nerve racking driving one of those machines though. I'm a wee bit jealous.

Beast car in GT and in real life. Feel strongly that Assetto Corsa, PCars and GTS should revisit this car and it's opponents in Group C for the benefit of their customer base. I can envision all those mechanical flaps working on the R89C as rendered by Kunos, PD and SMS. Racing in a full Group C field would be stunning.👍

I hate how he always let go the throttle. I want POWWEEEER.

There are times in life when you can't help but take the foot off the throttle. You don't think about it, you don't do it voluntarily, your survival instinct just kicks in when you're driving a stupidly overpowered car.

Obviously, driving a Group C turbocharged monster is one of those times in life.

This was a brutal machine in GT4, but I never aspired to it because it was so fast. I had more interest in troublesome models, like the Peugeot 905. More challenge, more fun, more satisfaction. :D

Back