January Rockstar Car Pack - Now Available

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 213 comments
Well the only GrC era cars we have are the XB, the LX, the 79 Z28, and the M635. The only one that would've really had flares would the the BMW and the Chevrolet.
I don't have FH3, but the Rx7 and Celica also have widebody kits.

Nice pack overall. The R31 is the highlight for me, with the Ford F150 Trophy Truck in 2nd place.
Looking forward to the Barn Find as well, if they add one (PLEASE let it be the Toyota 2000GT!)

Another Falcon? We already got 2 old Falcons. They could've included a mid 90's Falcon. For this pack, I'm actually excited to see the R31. Love those oldschool RWD sedan/coupes. All mechanical stuff and solid metal(and a bit of plastic).
As the owner of a mid-90's EL Falcon I agree lol

Was hoping for like a special BMW or German car pack.

Fixed. The AUP applies to all. 👍

I don't think we'll be seeing any themed DLC packs from T10/Playground outside of expansions. They've all been sort of general-purpose for years now.

There was that American Muscle pack in FM4, but beyond that I can't remember any themed packs.

I don't think we'll be seeing any themed DLC packs from T10/Playground outside of expansions. They've all been sort of general-purpose for years now.
As much as I enjoy creating themed fantasy DLC packs in the "Make your own DLC for fun" thread, I actually prefer how T10/PG do it. Having several different types of cars in each DLC ensures there should be at least one car I'm going to enjoy, and it introduces me to other cars I might not have considered.

There was that American Muscle pack in FM4, but beyond that I can't remember any themed packs.

Whoops, yeah, I forgot: there are the Day One car packs. FM6's F&F one, FH3's motorsports pack, etc etc.

As much as I enjoy creating themed fantasy DLC packs in the "Make your own DLC for fun" thread, I actually prefer how T10/PG do it. Having several different types of cars in each DLC ensures there should be at least one car I'm going to enjoy, and it introduces me to other cars I might not have considered.

Agreed. I think it suits the games too; they've always been about grabbing a little bit of everything.

It's probably a sound business decision. A narrow-focus pack will alienate anybody not interested in that particular theme, while the current approach is bound to get at least considered by most folks.

I still can't shake the thought with each month's reveals of how much I'll enjoy these cars in the next Motorsport title, though.

I know lol, annoys me but it's close enough.
What bothers me is that it's even a problem in the first place. It's not like they laser scan these cars. They just take some measurements, a bunch of photographs, and then input the performance specs into the handling model.
It's not like they couldn't just use an American spec one as the base for the measurements and then dig up images and the performance specs to do the JDM model right. They've done it before (both S14s practically guaranteed to have been done that way, the AE86, most likely both late model Supras, amongst others) and there are other less affluent game devs that do that. There are individual people making mods using nothing but images sourced online that get it 99.99% correct.

It's just lazy. Sheer laziness.

Kinda bummed with this one. Only cars I'm excited about are the i8 and the R31. The rest are meh to me but that's okay. Overall the car packs have been great and I'm really looking forward to the rest of them.

Also whoever mentioned the Starion, I wish it would come back too. I love those things. Almost bought one as my first car.

Kinda bummed with this one. Only cars I'm excited about are the i8 and the R31. The rest are meh to me but that's okay. Overall the car packs have been great and I'm really looking forward to the rest of them.

Also whoever mentioned the Starion, I wish it would come back too. I love those things. Almost bought one as my first car.
Especially if it's updated to GSR-VR spec. Or the hen's tooth 4x4.

Unfortunately it's the American spec model. Wrong hand drive, bogged down smogged engine. Ugly bumpers. Same problem as the 70s Corolla.

Pretty much untrue.
US-market RX-3's got the 12A from the RX-2, an upgrade from the 10A found in the rest of the world.
The bumpers on the T10 car are identical to the Australian bumpers, as they didn't grow large in the US until 1974

US-market RX-3's got the 12A from the RX-2, an upgrade from the 10A found in the rest of the world.
Only the early ones had the 10A. From what I gather they switched to the 12A for the Series II model. And the American market one had far heavier 5mph bumpers and had power sapping smog equipment other markets didn't. And there's the matter of the steering placement.

Only the early ones had the 10A. From what I gather they switched to the 12A for the Series II model. And the American market one had far heavier 5mph bumpers and had power sapping smog equipment other markets didn't. And there's the matter of the steering placement.

The big bumpers weren't added until 1974

Doesn't change the smog problem.

There was no actual belt-driven smog equipment on the engine. Mazda met the regulations by swapping the exhaust manifold for a thermal reactor and setting the engine to run rich. The T10 car is actually missing the small secondary exhaust pipe that cooled the reactor.

There was no actual belt-driven smog equipment on the engine. Mazda met the regulations by swapping the exhaust manifold for a thermal reactor and setting the engine to run rich. The T10 car is actually missing the small secondary exhaust pipe that cooled the reactor.
They did something to cause a near 20hp power deficit from the 12A AUDM/JDM model to the USDM model.

Disappointing pack tbh.
Never got on the hype train of the i8, more SUVs, more trophy trucks, another falcon...

At least there is that R31 to save the day and bring back some GT2 memories.

How many Barn Finds are we left? I'd be very surprised to not see the two missing muscle cars (the Plymouth GTX and Buick GSX), the Toyota 2000GT and the Mazda RX-3 appear in an abandoned shack at some point. Then there's the 300 SLR and Aston Martin DBR1 which, however, would be a tad less believable in this specific context... And finally, there's the possibility of new cars (such as the Honda S800 and Jensen Interceptor which were leaked before launch day) being added in this way too, albeit how small.

That might tick me off more than the absence of VW. Could it be that Mitsubishi's buyout of Chrysler Australia all those years ago created a Gordian Knot of licensing?

Could be. Microsoft already did the impossible and managed to license Sunbeam of all brands. I wouldn't hold my breath for the Valiant, although if there is one developer that can use a ton of money to cut those Gordian knots, it sure as hell is them, and them only.

BMW_i8_WM_ForzaHorizon3_DLC_Jan.jpg

Volvo_V60Polestar_WM_ForzaHorizon3_DLC_Jan.jpg

Radical_RXC_WM_ForzaHorizon3_DLC_Jan-1.jpg

Ford_FalconXAGTHO_WM_ForzaHorizon3_DLC_Jan.jpg

Nissan_SkylineGTSR_WM_ForzaHorizon3_DLC_Jan.jpg

Ford_F150TrophyTruck_WM_ForzaHorizon3_DLC_Jan-1.jpg

Bentley_Bentayga_WM_ForzaHorizon3_DLC_Jan.jpg

Back