Jap_Taxi's Drift Video Page - NEW VID "HERBIE GOES SIDEWAYS" [Updated 1-MAR-06]

• Thread starter Jap_Taxi
  • 16 comments
klutch_kick

Hey all this is my drift video thread. Take a look and tell me what you think of it.

ENCODING

I record my movies with:

Video Compressor - Intel Indeo 4.5
Quality - 90%
Key Frame - 15
Quick Compress Enabled
Quick Scalability - Enabled.

I export with WMM.​

<<-------Latest Project------->>

Herbie Goes Sideways - OUT NOW!!!!

<<---------Movie List--------->>

Video 1: On-Board Drift Action
Description: Drift action using other car's onboard cameras.
Date Made: Thursday, February 23, 2006
Size: 27.63MB
Download

Video 2: Herbie Goes Sideways
Description: 1 Lap on Tsukuba Wet with the '49 VW Beetle 1100 Standard
Date Made: Wednesday, March 1, 2006
Size: 13.16MB
Download

Nice vid bud... I have been capturing quite a few clips from an onboard camera perspective... It really gives a new life to drift vids...

Keep it up, and keep us updated with your progress....

;)

Wow, great vid, man. How do you make the camera views stick btw? Because the constant camera angle changing gets pretty annoying for me when i wanna see my drifts from a good viewpoint...

N35QU1K
Wow, great vid, man. How do you make the camera views stick btw? Because the constant camera angle changing gets pretty annoying for me when i wanna see my drifts from a good viewpoint...

I don't think he's using the "Dive" mode (although it is possible, he is)... I'm pretty sure a friend is driving the camera car, and he is drifting... Or, he is entering a race and using the other vehicles as camera cars... When you watch the replay, you just have to use the D-pad to pick the car you want to view, then change the view to bumper cam (or roof cam)... The camera angle will stay as long as you want...

If you want to know how to keep the "Dive" mode camera angles from changing... Check out this thread:

http://lsdrift.com/iboard/index.php?showtopic=512

Post #30 is where you should start reading...

;)

Hey guys thanks for the comments.

Yeh DR summed it up pretty much. I didn't use "dive" mode. I just started a race session and then tried drifting as close as i could to other cars and just generally experimenting with what i could do with the situation. Then in replay mode i just watched it normannly saw which cars i were close to and then selected them using the up and down buttons on the D-Pad and then scrolling through the different cars until i got to the roof cam. Then it was a matter of pressing L1 for the rear view and pressing it again for the bonnet view.

Slammin'! Great vid! :D
I've always loved those rooftop/bonnet camera perspectives, I use 'em a lot when watching replays. Oh, and I might add that your drifting skills are top-notch, too. Long and smooth! Keep it up, Jap_Taxi.

Edit: Oh, and if anyone was to drift that lefthander at 'Antoniusbuche' in real life doing some 280-plus kilometers per hour (like you did with that R33 in the video), I bet that person would not be far from a heart attack :D

very cool video - fun one to watch. I've played a lot with these same camera angles myself in the past month or so, and have some decent clips captured.

good stuff 👍

I'm not going to critique the drifting a whole lot - I know how difficult it can be to thread a good long drift through the stupid AI. They block your ideal line and brake right on top of the corner apex in most cases. But you did still manage some good ones.

Thanks for the comments guys. Be sure to check out my new vid. Hey BL maybe you could critique my new vid. Check it out.

Impressive.
Even if it's Tsukuba Wet &#8211; this Beetle ain't stock, right?
Looks like it has a little bit of extra power at the exits&#8230;

P.S.: IMHO the second-last corner of the vid (hairpin) was perfect.

Mr. Apex
Impressive.
Even if it's Tsukuba Wet – this Beetle ain't stock, right?
Looks like it has a little bit of extra power at the exits…

I guess you could say the VeeDub has a little extra horsepower. Its on NOS, every engine mod you can get, a stage 2 (i think, can't remember) turbo kit and exhaust. Stock it has 25 hp, which is less hp than my rollerblades have:dopey: .

After all power adding mods are done and performance mods put on it has 80 hp and red lines at 4000 rpm. So for any kool looking drifts that would easily hold the car needed to be on a wet track I think.

Jap_Taxi
I guess you could say the VeeDub has a little extra horsepower. Its on NOS, every engine mod you can get, a stage 2 (i think, can't remember) turbo kit and exhaust. Stock it has 25 hp, which is less hp than my rollerblades have:dopey: .

After all power adding mods are done and performance mods put on it has 80 hp and red lines at 4000 rpm. So for any kool looking drifts that would easily hold the car needed to be on a wet track I think.

Lol, 80 furious horses! All righty then.
Thanks for the info, gotta try out that car myself.

Wow that was hilarious to start with but in the end it was pretty impressive man. It's definatly not noob drifting at all!

Latest Posts

Back