Japanese Racing Car Drift Trial: Special Stage Route 5 Clubman / Reverse

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 40 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
Japanese Racing Car Drift Trial: Special Stage Route 5 Clubman / Reverse

DT#47 - Japanese Racing Car Drift Trial @ Special Stage Route 5 Clubman ~ Reverse.jpg
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[DT#47] - Japanese Racing Car Drift Trial @ Special Stage Route 5 Clubman ~ Reverse.jpg

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
This is hard. The 4th sector my points don't start clocking up till I'm half way through the first corner. Must be a special way to hit it. Did it in the blitz d1 car. Got good after about 20 minutes

Tried a few rounds with the Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car I won in the seasonals a couple months back. Only just managed bronze after a few rounds. Takes some getting used to!! Takes a while to get the tune right...

Only recently taken up drifting, so this really was a tough event for me. After about an hour of plugging away I managed to gold the event with @shaunm80 BRZ GT300 Base Model '12 Drift Tune. I used this tune for a drift seasonal a little while ago as well. It wasn't easy but I'm glad I stuck at it.

Last edited:
Only recently taken up drifting, so this really was a tough event for me. After about an hour of plugging away I managed to gold the event with @shaunm80 BRZ GT300 Base Model '12 Drift Tune. I used this tune for a drift seasonal a little while ago as well. It wasn't easy but I'm glad I stuck at it.

Thanks for letting me know. I will add this car to the list of gold cars in my garage. I am nearly there myself with the Toyota 86 "Racing" '13 car. It is taking me longer to get gold on this event than usual. :(

I need a tune for both of these drift events.

I have 2 different cars that I got over 10,000points, I'll post both tunes. I used active steering for these tunes. I hope these can help.

I managed 10,526 with this tune.
Subaru BRZ R&D Sport '12
535pp
425HP
1,207 kg
Weight distribution 50/50
Tires
Front comfort hard/ rear comfort soft
Ride height: 70/ 70
Spring rate: 12.55/ 11.80
Dampers compression: 2/ 2
Dampers extension: 2/ 2
Anti roll bars: 2/ 5
Camber: 10/ 10
Toe angle: -.06/ .05
Brakes 5/ 5
Transmission
Reset and set max speed to 112. Final gear: 4.100
(You can adjust final gear to fit your driving style).
Differential gears
Initial torque: 60
Acceleration sensitivity: 60
Brake sensitivity: 20
Engine: Stage 3
Turbo: High rpm range turbo kit
Downforce: 150/ 300
Ballast weight: 57kg
Ballast position: 50%

Car 2 I managed 10,849 points, (still working on this one)
IS F CCS-R '11
594pp
722Hp
1,301kg
Weight distribution: 50/50
Tires
Comfort hard/ comfort soft
Suspension
Only changes made
Rear ride height: 105
Camber: 10/ 10
Toe angle: 0/ 0
Brakes: 5/ 5
Transmission
Reset and adjust max speed to 124mph and adjust final to 2.794 (or to fit your driving style)
Differential gear
Initial torque: 10
Acceleration sensitivity: 60
Braking sensitivity: 20
Triple plate clutch
Power
All power upgrades
Body
Downforce: 90
Ballast weight: 83kg
Ballast position: 50%
Weight reduction stage 3

Once again you come through with a good one. I have to be honest, I was near to calling it quits on this one. Took me 13 tries to get gold with this tune. I have a bit more power than you (didn't look close enough at the tune), but I don't think that made much of a difference. I'm 8,827th with a score of 9,017, and I'm damn happy with that!

OK guys, hold up, the power makes a huge difference. I just ran this again and it only took me 4 tries to get a gold time again (compare that with 50+ with 5 different cars before). Do this tune to the EXACT specs other than TC1, which I think is just a mistake at the bottom of the tune. Other than that, leave it as-is!

Shaunm80 FTW!

Last edited:
Once again you come through with a good one. I have to be honest, I was near to calling it quits on this one. Took me 13 tries to get gold with this tune. I have a bit more power than you (didn't look close enough at the tune), but I don't think that made much of a difference. I'm 8,827th with a score of 9,017, and I'm damn happy with that!

OK guys, hold up, the power makes a huge difference. I just ran this again and it only took me 4 tries to get a gold time again (compare that with 50+ with 5 different cars before). Do this tune to the EXACT specs other than TC1, which I think is just a mistake at the bottom of the tune. Other than that, leave it as-is!

Shaunm80 FTW!
Thank you for giving my tune a go. It took me way longer than 4 goes to get gold this time around. A tricky little drift course but fun at the same time. The TC1 was a error on my part, TC is always disabled for drift events. :) I beat gold by 27 points or something for this event so I was cutting it close.

Thank you for giving my tune a go. It took me way longer than 4 goes to get gold this time around. A tricky little drift course but fun at the same time. The TC1 was a error on my part, TC is always disabled for drift events. :) I beat gold by 27 points or something for this event so I was cutting it close.

Dude, you're my favorite tuner, my Gran Turismo experience wouldn't be nearly as good without your help! This is a very tricky track IMO as well. "Ask any racer, any real racer; it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning!"

:)

Improved to 12,444 points using the tune I posted for the IS F CCS-R '11, I think I can squeeze another thousand or two if I can get all the sectors perfect.

Shaunm80 FTW!
Cool, I'm glad you finally got it. If you don't mind me asking, how did it go when you tried my tune?

Cool, I'm glad you finally got it. If you don't mind me asking, how did it go when you tried my tune?

The BRZ just didn't work for me, and I didn't try the ISF. I'll load it now and see what's up!

Sorry man, just tried the ISF tune and your tunes don't fit my driving style at all. I did 10 runs and my top score was 5200 :(. Maybe it's because I use a DS3? Hopped back in Shaun's EightSix tune and blasted an 8375 first run. I'm averaging about 7,200 per run with his tune. For my driving style it's perfect!

Last edited:
The BRZ just didn't work for me, and I didn't try the ISF. I'll load it now and see what's up!

Sorry man, just tried the ISF tune and your tunes don't fit my driving style at all. I did 10 runs and my top score was 5200 :(. Maybe it's because I use a DS3? Hopped back in Shaun's EightSix tune and blasted an 8375 first run. I'm averaging about 7,200 per run with his tune. For my driving style it's perfect!
It's alright, for drifting I don't use my wheel because I don't have the skill set for it yet. That's why I use a DS3, with a controller sensitivity set at -1 for drifting. I know using the comfort soft tires for the rear is a little hard getting used to, but once you get the drift started it seems to be stable (to me). When approaching the corner I start the drift by tapping the e-brake and that breaks the traction so the car can get sideways. If you have the driving line on, try to stay on the line or close to it. I noticed the score racks up faster the closer you are to it.

After numerous attempts with the ER34 I finally managed a gold! Took loads of patience to get a run where I didn't clip a corner and zero my drift at some point of the run. That one's done n dusted!

I found this particular drift event pretty tough, with the first couple of corners being quite tight, and I couldn't get the hang of the second S bend until about attempt #37...

If you have the driving line on, try to stay on the line or close to it. I noticed the score racks up faster the closer you are to it.

I think this is the most difficult part of the drift set-up in GT6. There were loads of times I ran this track on the racing line, sideways as all hell, and my score would just trickle up into the low hundreds.

I think this is the most difficult part of the drift set-up in GT6. There were loads of times I ran this track on the racing line, sideways as all hell, and my score would just trickle up into the low hundreds.
What view do you use? I use the bumper camera where I have the rpm and speedometer gauges on the screen, for my view if your going around a right hand bend. You want to be a tad bit to the left of the line in the drift, and the line will be in between your gauges while doing the drift. That's where I see the points go up faster, same thing goes or left turns as well.

What view do you use? I use the bumper camera where I have the rpm and speedometer gauges on the screen, for my view if your going around a right hand bend. You want to be a tad bit to the left of the line in the drift, and the line will be in between your gauges while doing the drift. That's where I see the points go up faster, same thing goes or left turns as well.

I never thought of that! I use the bumper view as well, but never thought of keeping the line between the gauges. To be honest I usually don't use the racing line, instead trying to work it out through trial and error.

I never thought of that! I use the bumper view as well, but never thought of keeping the line between the gauges. To be honest I usually don't use the racing line, instead trying to work it out through trial and error.
While in the drift try to keep the driving line in between the beginning of the fuel gauge and end of speedometer, that's where I see most of the points. You will have to experiment to see what works. Good luck. :cheers:

While in the drift try to keep the driving line in between the beginning of the fuel gauge and end of speedometer, that's where I see most of the points. You will have to experiment to see what works. Good luck. :cheers:

Might have another go tonight with driving line turned on and try that method. Thanks!

I have never used the racing line, interesting. I do, however, always tap the e-brake to get the drift started, even if the brakes are set far to the rear I feel it helps me start the drift more controlled.

Finally got gold on this one. I kept trying my usual drifting choices but was consistently stuck between 7000 and 8000 points. I just couldn't get the rhythm right. Of course didn't help that I haven't had time to play for more than 10-15 minutes at a time so tweaking tunes really wasn't possible.

Back