Japanese Racing Car Drift Trial: Special Stage Route 5 Clubman / Reverse

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 40 comments
Good effort. It was a tricky one, that's for sure! The walls are not your friend here...

Thanks,i'm not a good drvier at all,but this one was really hard.
When scoring decent points in the first 3 sections,i couldn't do it in the last sections (only scoring low points over there)
Sometimes the opposite happend,scoring low in the first sections,scoring decent points in the last sections.
Did try 4 or 5 cars over there to manage gold,finally got it with the @shaunm80 tune posted in this thread.Tweaked it a little bit to my personal favour.
The 4th and 5th section were key sections,only when scoring decent/big i could have a shot for the gold.
I numerous messed up there.:banghead:

Thanks,i'm not a good drvier at all,but this one was really hard.
When scoring decent points in the first 3 sections,i couldn't do it in the last sections (only scoring low points over there)
Sometimes the opposite happend,scoring low in the first sections,scoring decent points in the last sections.
Did try 4 or 5 cars over there to manage gold,finally got it with the @shaunm80 tune posted in this thread.Tweaked it a little bit to my personal favour.
The 4th and 5th section were key sections,only when scoring decent/big i could have a shot for the gold.
I numerous messed up there.:banghead:

I think my recipe for a gold was to aim for 1,200-1,400 in each of the first two corners, at least 1,000 in each of the chicanes, and just go big on the final bend. Managed to get a little over 3,200 on that last corner on my gold run.

There were so many runs where I nailed one or two corners then threw away a great start by clipping the wall...

I used the Blitz ER34, almost stock, with a tweak of the gears and Comfort Hard tyres.

I restarted this so many time because i had to score big in the first sections (under 2500 points in the first two sections i didn't continue).
I had once 6966 points after 5 sections but then i lost position in the last section and i messed it up,At that point i was very frustrated because i thought i would never get there again.
Kept trying and it paid of eventually,improved in the 3th (scoring over 1000),4th (scoring around 1500-2000) and 5th (800-1000) to reach gold.

I restarted this so many time because i had to score big in the first sections (under 2500 points in the first two sections i didn't continue).
I had once 6966 points after 5 sections but then i lost position in the last section and i messed it up,At that point i was very frustrated because i thought i would never get there again.
Kept trying and it paid of eventually,improved in the 3th (scoring over 1000),4th (scoring around 1500-2000) and 5th (800-1000) to reach gold.

What car were you using for this event?

Improved to 15,080 points good for 129th at the moment, here are my sector scores.
1. 2,494
2. 1,678
3. 1,594
4. 3,217
5. 1,208
6. 4,889
This was done with the Lexus tune I posted earlier. I'm almost at my max for what I can get per sector, I might be able to get another 500-700 points if I can get it right all at once. :boggled:

Might have another go tonight with driving line turned on and try that method. Thanks!
How did it work out for you?

Improved to 15,080 points good for 129th at the moment, here are my sector scores.
1. 2,494
2. 1,678
3. 1,594
4. 3,217
5. 1,208
6. 4,889
This was done with the Lexus tune I posted earlier. I'm almost at my max for what I can get per sector, I might be able to get another 500-700 points if I can get it right all at once. :boggled:

How did it work out for you?

Forgot to actually go back and try it. Been focusing on other events...

Dude, you're my favorite tuner, my Gran Turismo experience wouldn't be nearly as good without your help! This is a very tricky track IMO as well. "Ask any racer, any real racer; it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning!"

:)

Same here, I was struggling with the seasonal events until I found this forum, driving tips helped a lot but the tunes by @shaunm80 make the ride much more enjoyable and get the best of cars! Long life to you sir!

Back