Jay Leno

• Thread starter TOUGEFC
  • 41 comments
TOUGEFC
Ok we know he does the voice acting for the game, but all i here him say is-
"Ready.....Start!"

All the demonstrations in the licences have the chick talking, does Jay Leno say anything else?

He also says "Finish!"

I believe in the SCEA (Americas) region Jay Leno does the talking.

Oh yes and finish too, but yeah i remmeber seeing a video of him is the recording studio telling how to complete the challenges, i guess its the America version then? Anyone in america confirm?

while having Jay Leno here in the US do the voice acting is great, I don't like it. GT5 better not have it. I want the orchestral operatic style of GT4 to be in GT5.

I would like to see voice acting in GT5 but maybe have an option to turn off the voices for the "Start" and "Finish".
Or maybe even have multiple voices to chose from.

I do hope there is no "Ready" "Start" and "Finish" in GT5, but I doubt there will be, GT PSP is marketed as more of a party fun type version of GT, something you only play for short times.

GT4P also have voice acting for the course/challenge guide but that didn't continue with GT4.

I like having Jay Leno in the game. It's cool to have somebody I have heard of before that actually knows something about cars doing all the talking instead of a random faceless voice.

I like having Jay Leno in the game. It's cool to have somebody I have heard of before that actually knows something about cars doing all the talking instead of a random faceless voice.

I dont mind him being there.

I agree, I don't mind him being there either. I don't think he takes anything away from the game. This is not meant to be a full-on GT experience, and knowing that someone who is passionate about cars is doing the voiceover is a good thing.

I preffer Vicky Butler-Henderson from the PAL game.

I have nothing against Jay Leno, I just think Vicky is kind of hot!

i enjoy listening to him during the demonstrations on the challenge mode. i sometimes find myself watching the demo even if i know how to complete the task. :lol:

Yea, here in England we get Jay Leno saying "Start" and "Finish" and that's about it. For the license demonstrations we get a woman with the most recieved accent I have ever heard, it's actually quite annoying. I would have liked an option to switch between her and Leno. Got no idea who she is though.

If I never have to hear Jay Leno's voice again it won't be too soon. I've turned off all sounds in the game but inhale engine/car noises. VBH would be a much better choice! Even Tiff.

I wonder if Clarkson will make a voice appearence in GT5...

i enjoy listening to him during the demonstrations on the challenge mode. i sometimes find myself watching the demo even if i know how to complete the task. :lol:

You are not alone. I watch the demo pretty much to hear what extra stuff Jay has to say

ROFL! Clarkson doing voicework for GT5...

I can see it now. :D

Any license test with a cock in an Audi, a Japanese sardine can death trap, or any Corvette.

Imagine the voicework he would do for a full lap licence test using a Daihatsu. That would be worth buying the game for by itself.

ROFL! Clarkson doing voicework for GT5...

I can see it now. :D

Any license test with a cock in an Audi, a Japanese sardine can death trap, or any Corvette.

Imagine the voicework he would do for a full lap licence test using a Daihatsu. That would be worth buying the game for by itself.

:lol: I dont think he would fit in.

I said it in another thread, but as much as I think having Jezza do voiceover work for GT would be awesome, James May is a lot more appropriate for the role...

I said it in another thread, but as much as I think having Jezza do voiceover work for GT would be awesome, James May is a lot more appropriate for the role...
I have actually calculated the speed at which you should go through this corner, it requires a simple formula derived from the smithsonian school of mathematics. You simply use V squared times the root of D to the power of T where... However, I highly suggest you still drive like a christian motorist, for gentlemen have a time and place to go fast, and this ...

XDDDDDDD

Like I said, it would bee awesome to have multiple voices to choose from.
James may and Jeramey Clarkson Should be to of the choses.

Yea, here in England we get Jay Leno saying "Start" and "Finish" and that's about it. For the license demonstrations we get a woman with the most recieved accent I have ever heard, it's actually quite annoying. I would have liked an option to switch between her and Leno. Got no idea who she is though.

Gah! Her voice is so irritating! If only the other regions could have Leno, who knows what he is talking about rather then just reading from a script. Having Clarkson in GT5 would be godly! :)

Back