Jim Clark

Talentless

Yes, I am still alive.
Staff Emeritus
WFG9
Champions on Speedvision will feature Jim Clark.

Air time: 1:00 pm Eastern U.S.

Duration: 1 hour.

I remember that they aired some damn Nads commercial for several minutes and probably cut into it. I hope this was a mistake, and a rare one. It mentioned Clark racing at an oval track after his fist Indy and lapping the field. Other stuff was mentioned, too, but my memory stinks. This is a series called The Champions, which I think is one of those shows produced elsewhere that Speedvision got, I assume, the right to air. You can probably get it from Duke or Motorbooks International. Speedvision has aired 200 mph Jaguar a few times.

Duke did spring to mind when you said about the program and I do think you can purchase a series of videos about the greats. I read a great feature in F1 Magazine about Jim Clark this week and it was saying that he should never have been driving in the F2 race at Hockenheim where he was killed.

Sorry to knock this a bit off-topic, guys, but I've not heard of F2.  Only F1, F3000, and Forumula Ford.  What's F2?  :conf:  I take it that it is no longer running anymore...

I don't think the series was ever run in my lifetime so it did cease a long time ago I think. I guess it would have been the same as F3000 is today - one step from F1.

Quote: from Phil on 1:00 pm on July 22, 2001[br]I don't think the series was ever run in my lifetime so it did cease a long time ago I think. I guess it would have been the same as F3000 is today - one step from F1.
I see.  It does make more sense to call it F2 than F3000...  :)

Back