Honda TAKATA DOME NSX (JGTC) '03
4:
BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01
5:
Nissan CALSONIC SKYLINE GT-R '93
6:
Nissan LOCTITE ZEXEL GT-R (JGTC) '00

Laps 1-10

The Nismo got a good start but by the end of lap 1 I'd got him. The rest of the field are about 5 seconds behind the the Nismo & about 6 behind me. By the end of lap 4 my lead on the Nismo has increased slightly to 6 seconds, my tires are now a perfect green & the car is handling superbly. Half way through lap 6 & my lead on the Nismo is decreasing & is now just 4 & a half seconds. Nearly the end of lap 7 & I can see the Nismo gaining fast. Lap 9 brings the 1st pit of the race, it's the Calsonic Skyline. I lost control on the straight before the hairpin on one of the little corners & span, now the Nismo is only 2 seconds behind :scared: So, we come to the end of a very exiting 10 laps.
Excitement:
9/10

Laps 10-20

We start lap 10 just 1 second in front of the Nismo after that spin letting him catch up. Worn out tires are having effects on my car by lap 11 with me mounting the edge of the grass allot but luckily it's also having it's effects on the Nismo. The Nismo decides to make his move on my weak point, sector 2, but it didn't last long, I had the lead again by the start of sector 3. The start of lap 13 & the second pit of the race goes to the M3 GTR. The middle of lap 14 & the Dome NSX pits. I lose it on the straight again exept this time much worse than the last time. End of lap 14 & it's my turn to pit. This means I'll be running on fresh tires but the Nismo wont be, this could make me up some time :D Mid lap 15 & the Nismo is 25 seconds in front of me. The Nismo pits entering lap 16 giving me back 10 seconds! Middle of lap 17 brings the Calsonic Skyline in for it's second pit stop of the race. Entering sector 3 of lap 17 I have the lead back :D Entering lap 19 I have a 5 second lead on the Nismo. Laps 10/20 draw to a close with me 4 seconds ahead of the second place Nismo.
Excitement:
10/10

Laps 20-30

A bit of time lost due to being a bit sleepy & a little off on sector 2 for about 3 laps, the Nismo is now 1 & a half seconds behind me & running on fresher tires than me having pitted a lap later than me. Early lap 25 & it's to the pits again for the M3 GTR & at the end of that lap, the Calsonic pits again. Going into lap 26 & I lap a car for the first time, it's the Calsonic while he's in the pits. Middle of lap 22 & it's time for the Dome NSX to pit. A very slight off on corner 1 of lap 28 but nothing serious. At the start of lap 29, the Hiroto GT-R pits again. The Nismo overtakes me at the end of lap 29. Bad tires are having a big effect on my car with the Nismo now in front of me so it's into the pits for me. Laps 20/30 come to a close with me 20 seconds behind the first place Nismo & I'm running on fresh tires.
Excitement:
4/10

Laps 30-40

The Nismo pits at the end of lap 30 along with the Calsonic GT-R, this gives me a chance to catch the Nismo, I overtake him on sector 2 of lap 31. Details of laps 31-35 are missing due to me editing a later post not knowing it shuts this one :( Start of sector 3 of lap 35 & the Nismo is 6 seconds behind me. My lead on the Nismo is increasing by the second & by the start of lap 37 he is 9 & a half seconds behind me. The middle of lap 37 brings the M3 GTR back into the pits. Lap 37-38 & the Nismo is decreasing the gap between us but from lap 39 & the gap is widening again. Laps 30-40 end with the gap between me & the 2nd place Nismo at 8 seconds.
Excitement:
6/10

Laps 40-50

With this car, the main advantage is acceleration, it has allot more than the Nismo but the Nismo has allot more power so when my tires wear out, my acceleration turns into wheel spin but the Nismo doesn't have anywhere near as much wheel spin as me when his tires a worn out. This is why the Nismo always catches me up when my tires are worn. We start lap 40 & I have slightly worn tires, a half full gas tank & 8 seconds behind the second place Nismo. Sector 3 of lap 40 & the Dome NSX pits. Going into lap 41, the Dome NSX comes out of the pits in front of my car, now I just have to get round him & he's lapped. I get the Dome NSX on the straight before the hairpin where the AI cars usually brake but I take by just gliding round. Entering sector 2 of lap 42 & the Calsonic GT-R pits again, I'm now 11 seconds behind the Nismo. Lap 43 brings the Hiroto GT-R into the pits. Worn out tires are taking their toll on my cars handling as I very nearly lose it on the last vorner of lap 43. The end of lap 44 & it's my time to pit with the Nismo now just 5 seconds behind me because of my wheel spinning tires. The Nismo overtakes me as I enter the pits & the Dome NSX un-laps himself. The Nismo pits at the end of lap 45 & I catch him again. I overtake the Nismo just before he comes out of the pits, he's now 3 seconds behind me. As sector 2 of lap 49 comes to an end, the M3 GTR pits & I'm 18 seconds ahead of the Nismo. As we end lap 49, I'm 19 seconds ahead of the second place Nismo & running on perfect tires.
Excitement:
7/10

Laps 50-60

The last 10 laps of the race begins with me 19 seconds ahead of the second place Nismo running of perfect tires. Going into lap 50 I can now see the Dome NSX. At the end of sector 2 od lap 50 the Calsonic GT-R pits. On the little corners of the straight before the hairpin I lose it & nearly spin while trying to lap the Dome NSX & the M3 GTR who are battling it out for 5th place. Going into the corner before the first tunnel & lap the M3 GTR, on the corner after that I get past the Dome NSX as his time un-lapped after the pit stop ends. I can now see the Calsonic GT-R. On the start/finish straight I lap the Calsonic GT-R. Corner 1 of lap 54 & the Dome NSX pits. Coming up to the hairpin the Nismo is 24 & a half seconds behind me. The end of sector 2 & the Hitoto GT-R pits again. Just after corner 1 of lap 59, the Calsonic GT-R pits again. The Race finishes with me 10 seconds ahead of the second place Nismo.
Race Excitement: 9/10

Finish Time:
1:57'48.779
Results:
1:
Nissan LOCTITE ZEXEL GT-R (JGTC) '00
2:
Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R (JGTC) '03
3:
Nissan XANAVI HIROTO GT-R (JGTC) '01
4:
BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01
5:
Honda TAKATA DOME NSX (JGTC) '03
6:
Nissan CALSONIC SKYLINE GT-R '93
Race Excitement:
8/10

Click on thumbnail to view full size.

Good job so far! 👍
Can you let us know your A-spec points value for the races too?
:cheers:
Oh damn I forgot to check. I suppose I could take my memory card out while the race is still running I check on my spare PS2 if I can ever find the line up again.

EDIT: Is anyone interested in me posting a replay of each race? It'd have to be in .max format if I did.

Actually that shouldn't be necessary, when you finish the race it'll display the A-spec points earned as you cross the line. Look out for it, 'cos it only flashes up for a few seconds! :D

The replays would be nice, however, you'll find the replay file can only record for about 40 minutes of a race, so there'd be no conclusion to any of the races. :( Plus if you write up well enough we can get a "virtual" replay anyway, in our imagination. I hugely enjoyed writing up my A-spec endurance companion, as well as other races, and the pictures you're planning to include should embellish the stories nicely. 👍

Laps 20/30 added. Your right Smallhorses, it said finished recording replay at 1 hour 7 mins.

GRAND VALLEY 300KM NOW FINISHED!

Race 2: Super Speedway 150 Miles
My Car: Peugeot 905 Race Car '92
A-Spec Points: 31
HP: 810
Tires: RSH/RSH
Grid Line Up:
1: Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '99
2: Jaguar XJR-9 Race Car '88
3: Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03
4: BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97
5: Gillet Vertigo Race Car '04
6: Peugeot 905 Race Car '92

Laps 1-10
The race has started! I speed past the Gillet on corner one & overtake the McLaren on the 2nd straight. On corner 1 of lap 3 I overtake the Bentley after slipstreaming him all the way down the straight. Coming out of lap 3 & into lap 4, I overtake the XJR. I slipstream the GT-One round the first corner of lap 4 but don't quite get him, by corner 2 I had the lead. Lap 8 brings the first lapping of the race, I pass the Gillet on the 2nd straight of lap 8 putting him 1 lap behind me. On the start/finish line I lap the McLaren going into lap 9. The first 10 laps come to a close & I'm 8 & a half seconds ahead of the second place GT-One.
Excitement: 9/10

Laps 10-20
We start lap 10 8 & a half seconds an front of the 2nd place GT-One running on perfect tires. We have a new car in second place! It's the XJR after overtaking the GT-One on corner 2 of lap 10, he is 11 & a half seconds behind me. Coming out of corner 1 & onto the second straight on lap 15, I lap the Gillet again. The GT-One has 2nd place again! The McLaren is now another lap behind me as I pass him going into corner 2 in lap 16. The XJR has 2nd place again as I enter corner 2 of lap 19. So laps 10-20 conclude with the XJR back in 2nd place with a 22 & a half second gap between us.
Excitement: 7/10

Laps 20-30
We enter lap 20 running on perfect tires 22 & a half seconds behind the XJR. Straight away the GT-One gets 2nd place back & is now 23 seconds behind me. I find why the XJR had lost first as I lapped him while he was stopped on straight 1. I lap the Gillet again on turn 1 of lap 23 followed by the McLaren on the start/finish straight of lap 25. On corner 2 of lap 26 i see the Bentley overtake the GT-One, then I lap them both going onto the start/finish straight of lap 27. Lap 29 sees me lap the Gillet & the McLaren again as the Gillet knocks me off course & I nearly lose control coming out of corner 1, then the Mclaren just before the start/finish line.
Excitement: 8/10

Laps 30-40
We start lap 30 with me 1 lap ahead of the second place GT-One running on lightly worn tires. The Bentley now has 2nd place as I enter corner 2 of lap 32. I lap the Gillet coming out of corner 1 on lap 34 followed by the XJR going very slowly down the start/finish straight :odd: Lap 36 brings along the first 2 pits of the race, it's the XJR & the Gillet. I very nearly hit the McLaren as he grinds along the wall at almost a standstill on corner 2 of lap 36 but I just dodge him & go onto lap 37. The McLaren pits as I go into corner 1 of lap 27. the Bentley pits as I go into corner 2 of lap 39.

Laps 40-50
We enter lap 40 on semi worn tires, very low fuel 1 lap ahead of the 2nd place GT-One. The first even of lap 40 is the GT-One pitting followed by meeting the Gillet & having to slow down as he's in the middle of my racing line going round corner 2. I lap the Bentley & the GT-One while they're in the pits. I very nearly lap the GT-One twice but he got out around 5 seconds before I reached the end of the pits :grumpy: The Bentley now has 2nd place & is 2 laps behind me. I lap the GT-One & the McLaren on corner 1 of lap 43 followed by the Bentley on the start finish straight of lap 44. The start of lap 45 brings me into the pits as I have no fuel & tires are very worn. While I was in the pits, the Bentley got 2 laps back off me & is now just 1 lap behind me. The GT-One went past me as I came out of the pit lane. Corner 1 of lap 46 & I lap 3 cars, well, almost. I easily get 1 lap back on the GT-One & lap the Gillet again but the Bentley was slightly further ahead & we ran right next to each other with him very slightly in front for that whole straight, I eventually get him on corner 2 of lap 46. I lap the Gillet again going into corner 2 of lap 48. Laps 40-50 draw to a close with me 2 laps ahead of the 2nd place Bentley.
Excitement: 10/10

Lap 50-60
We start lap 50 running on not quite warm tires 2 laps ahead of the second place Bentley. I come across the McLaren on lap 51, there was no warning he had span on corner 1 & I couldn't see him untill it was to late. I just clipped the back of him whilst trying to dodge him, then my car lifted off the ground & I go flying (literally) into the grass :nervous: I make a good recovery but I've lost at least 5 seconds. I lap the Gillet again on the start/finish straight of lap 57. Me & the XJR meet again on corner 1 of lap 58 & I didn't slow down for him so I just knocked him into the wall & lap him. On corner 2 of lap 58 I lap the car that caused my crash but luckily he's not spinning in my racing line this time. So, we come to the end of a very exiting 10 laps! Ok, the middle bit was boring but the crash & the lappings were fun.
Excitement: 10/10

Laps 60-70
We enter lap 60 running on perfect tires 2 laps ahead of the second place Bentley. Going down the 2nd straight of lap 63 I lap the Gillet followed by the McLaren in the same place as the Gillet on lap 66. As I go round corner 2 of lap 68, I go in to lap the GT-One not knowing the XJR was driving alongside the outer wall camouflaged against the purple ads & very nearly hit him, I just manage yo avoid him & I lap them both on the straight. I lap the Gillet as we both go over the start/finish line & go into lap 70.
Excitement: 3/10

Laps 70-80
We start lap 70 2 laps ahead of the 2nd place Bentley running on perfect tires. The XJR pits as I enter turn 1 of lap 70 followed by the Gillet on turn 1 of lap 71. I lap the Gillet while he's in the pits. The McLaren pits as I enter corner 2 of lap 72 I lap him while he's in there. I lap the McLaren again on corner 2 of lap 74 followed by the Bentley coming out of corner 2 on lap 75. As I drive round corner 1 of lap 76 I speed past the Gillet putting him yet another lap behind me. As I enter turn 1 of lap 78, the Bentley pits. On the 2nd straight of lap 78, I lap the XJR but enter corner 2 a bit to slow & he rams me into the wall causing me to lose about 2 seconds :grumpy: The GT-One has 2nd place as he speeds past the Bentley while he's still in the pits. Laps 70-80 draw to a close with me 3 laps ahead of the 2nd place GT-One.
Excitement: 6/10

Laps 80-90
We start lap 80 3 laps ahead of the 2nd place GT-One running of lightly worn tires. I lap the McLaren again in corner 1 of lap 81. My tires are starting to have an effect on the cars handling & I'm very low on fuel but I can last a few more laps. As I enter corner 2 of lap 81, the GT-One pits. I lap the Gillet on corner 2 of lap 82 & the Bentley passes the GT-One while he's in the pits. There's a bit of chaos on corner 1 of lap 84, I try to pass the GT-One & the XJR is on the outside of the corner, as I'm not going to brake & take the inside, I went down the middle of the 2 cars thinking I could make it. I hit the GT-One's rear at the edge, he'd moved over a bit, & that put me off course & I hit the back of the XJR. I came back & just managed to keep control & stay ahead of the GT-One. The end of lap 85 & it's my turn to pit. The GT-One, Bentley & XJR all get 1 lap back. I lap the GT-One going into turn 2 of lap 87.

Laps 90-100
We start Lap 90 3 laps ahead of the 2nd place Bentley with not quite warm tires. I lap the XJR & the McLaren on the 2nd straight of lap 90. I lap the Gillet again & the XJR gets a lap back on me after I get distracted by a loud bang outside my house. I slipstream the XJR down the start/finish straight & try to overtake him on the outside of corner 1 on lap 93, I hit the wall I don't pass him, I passed him on straight 2 of lap 93 instead. He gets a lap back on me having come out of corner 2 of lap 93 better than me, by the end of the start/finish straight I had him (hopefully for good this time!). I lap the McLaren going into corner 2 of lap 96 followed by the Gillet on corner 2 of lap 99. & the race finishes!
Excitement: 5/10

Finish Time: 50'56.763
Results:
1: Peugeot 905 Race Car '92
2: Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03
3: Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '99
4: Jaguar XJR-9 Race Car '88
5: BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97
6: Gillet Vertigo Race Car '04
Race Excitement: 9/10

It's time! I'm going to race the legendary event, Le Mans 24 hours!

Race 3: Circuit de la Sarthe 24h l
My Car: Mazda 787B Race Car '91
A-Spec Points:
HP: 803
Grid Line Up:
1: BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99
2: Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03
3: Pescarolo Courage C60 Race Car '03
4: Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car '98
5: Audi R8 Race Car '01
6: Mazda 787B Race Car '91

Hours 0-1
The race has begun! As the red arrows fly overhead, the front 3 cars speed off ahead leaving me, the R8, & the R390 behind by about 5 seconds. I make up 2 seconds & catch the C60 by slipstreaming him on part 1 of the straight & I overtake him on the 1sy chicane along with the Bentley. I slipstream the BMW down part 2 of the straight & overtake him half way down it, I now have the lead. The BMW nearly catches me on the very sharp corner of sector 6 but I just manage to stay ahead & get a decent gap between us on the fast part of sector 6/7. I widen the gap between me & the BMW by 3 second by the time I get to part 2 of the straight on lap 2. I brake a bit to late on the corner at the end of the straight & go onto the gravel & the BMW catches up a bit, he is now 4 seconds behind me. The BMW takes 1st as I mess up on my weak spot, sector 6. I have 1st again by the 2nd last corner of sector 6. As I enter the straight of lap 3, the BMW is 5 & a half seconds behind me. I brake late on corner 1 of sector 7 on lap 6 & spin of onto the gravel letting the BMW catch up by 6 seconds, he is now 19 seconds behind me. The first signs worn out tires show as I nearly lose it coming out of chicane 2 of the straight on lap 8. I lose it completely on the 1st big corner of sector 6 on lap 8 as I spin of the track coming out of it losing 9 seconds on the BMW, he is now 21 seconds behind me. As I go through the big tyre on lap 9, the BMW pits along with the C60 2 seconds later & then the R8 another 4 seconds later & the R390 a whole minute later. The Bentley takes 2nd place while the other cars are in the pits. I very nearly lose it twice going into the straight & on both chicanes. As I take every corner slowly & cautiously trying not to lose it the cars that pitted are making up time fast. I very nearly lose it on the 2nd last turn of sector 6 on lap 9 but just keep it even though I went on the grass slightly & knocked over all the cones. Almost every time I turn the wheel the car nearly takes control itself & spins, I wish I'd pitted at the end of lap 8 :indiff: I spin into the pits at the end of lap 9, the Bentley follows me in 7 seconds later. The BMW overtakes the Bentley while he's in the pits & as I enter the straight, he's 10 seconds behind me. I lose it on the first corner of lap 15 (yes, the very first one where you don't even have to brake & you barely have to steer!) I have no idea how I did it but it lost me allot of time, the BMW is now just 8 seconds behind me as I enter the straight of lap 15. the BMW makes up another 3 seconds on my weak spot, sector 6. As I enter lap 17, the BMW pits followed 5 seconds later by the C60, then the R8 3 seconds later & almost half a lap later, in goes the R390. The Bentley passes the BMW while he is in the pits. It looks as if my tyre preserving ways have worked! The car isn't completely out of control & I have more fuel than the last round of pit stops. The BMW takes 2nd place again as the Bentley runs much slower on worn out tires. As I drive down section 3 of the straight on lap 17, 39 & a half seconds ahead of the 2nd place BMW, the 60 minute mark strikes.

Hours 1-2

We start hour 2 39 & a half seconds ahead on the 2nd place BMW running on worn out tires. I enter the pits at the end of lap 18, when I come out, the BMW is 44 seconds behind me. I have a bad spin on the corner after the big tyre & the BMW speeds past me as I get back onto the road, I overtake him going onto the straight. I brake to late on the corner at the end of the straight & the BMW catches up a bit more, I can now see him when I look backwards as he's just 1 & a half seconds behind me :scared: I enter the 2nd last turn of sector 6 but I entered it late, I go onto the gravel & the BMW passes me, I have 1st again by the end of corner 1 of sector 7. The Bentley pits as I enter lap 19 (Damn he lasted a long time.) I hit the edge of the grass coming out of the corner after the big tyre on lap 22 & it caused me lose control & spin into the grass of the 2nd corner after the big tyre. Entering the straight of lap 22 I'm 11 seconds ahead of the BMW. As I enter the straight on lap 25 the BMW pits followed by the C60 5 seconds later & the R8 3 seconds after that. As I enter sector 7 of lap 25, the R390 pits & I follow it in 10 seconds later. Whilst in the pits I lap the R390 & then he comes out before me & un-laps himself :grumpy: As I enter sector 6 of lap 26 & catch a glimpse of the R390 but then he disappears round a corner. Lap 27 sees me lap the R390 on the 1st corner, at this point the BMW is 47 seconds behind me. As I enter the 3rd section of the straight on lap 28, the Bentley pits. As I reach the corner at the end of the straight of lap 32, I catch a glimpse of a car, I'm not sure which car but i have a feeling it's the Bentley. As I enter the last string of corners I see it clearly & it is a Bentley, by the start of lap 33 I'd lapped him. I spin badly coming out of the corner before the big tyre on lap 33 & the Bentley drives past me un-lapping himself. I make some time up on the 1st chicane of the straight & slipstream him halfway down part 2 of the straight & pass him at the 3 quarter mark. As I enter sector 5 of lap 33, the BMW pits followed by the C60 30 seconds later & 2 seconds after that, in comes the R8. I enter the pits 2:31 ahead of the BMW. As I enter the 1st chicane of the straight the timer hits 2 hours.
Excitement: 6/10

Hours 2-3
We start hour 3 2:51 ahead of the 2nd place BMW running on fresh tires. As I come out of the 2nd chicane on the straight of lap 24, the R390 pits. As I enter the straight on lap 35 & look at the map I realise all the other cars are also on this straight in various places! Coming out of chicane 1 on the straight of lap 36 I see the silhouette of a car, I'm not sure which car it is yet. (that suggests it's the Bentley :P) As I come out of chicane 2 my thoughts are confirmed, it's a Bentley :P I lap the Bentley coming out of corner 3 of Sector 7 of lap 36. Going into lap 38 I see the R8 & another car up ahead, I'm not sure what it is though. I lap the R8 just before corner 1 of lap 38, as I go through the big the big tyre, the 2nd car turns out to be the C60. The Bentley pits as I enter the corner after the tyre & I lap the C60 the corner after that. As I enter the corner before the straight on lap 38, I see another car which I think is the R390 but I'm not 100% sure. I turn in to late on the corner before the straight on lap 38, the C60 & the R8 un-lap themselveswhile I'm on the gravel. I slipstream the R8 down part 1 of the straight & re-lap him going into the 1st chicane, I slipstream the C60 down part 2 of the straight & have him by the half way mark on part 2 of the straight on lap 38. As I exit chicane 2 on the straight of lap 38 it's confirmed that the car I saw when I was about to go into the corner before the straight is the R390. I sllpipstream the R390 half way down the 3rd part of the straight & lap him as he overdoes it & ends up in the gravel on the corner at the end of the straight of lap 38. As I enter lap 40 I see the BMW! Probably the final detailed split on the BMW, as I enter the straight, the BMW is 3:15 & a half seconds behind me. I lap the BMW a quarter of the way down part 1 of the straight on lap 40. I lose it big time on corner 3 of sector 6 on lap 40 & I was wrong about that being the last detailed split because the BMW passes me as I enter the track & 4 seconds later: 3:25 7 a half seconds :grumpy: Lets hope that was the last detailed split on the BMW. I re-lap the BMW coming out of corner 2 of sector 7 on lap 40 & then I pit due to low fuel & he un-laps himself again :grumpy: I just escape the pit lane before the C60 & the R8 speed past me. The BMW pits as I enter sector 7 of lap 41, I re-lap him (again) as I go over the start/finish line. The C60 follows the BMW in 5 seconds later & guess who follows him...yup, the R8 comes in 1 second after him. The R390 pits 2 minutes after all the other cars pit as I enter the straight. Coming out of corner 3 of sector 7 on lap 43 i have a bad spin but it's nothing to worry about as the 2nd place BMW is more than a lap behind. I lose it on chicane 2 of the straight on lap 46 but no time lost as I make a good recovery. I lose it again on corner 4 of sector 7 on lap 46, this time I'm not so lucky as I lose around 7 seconds on the BMW. As I enter corner 2 of sector 6 on lap 47 the Bentley pits. As I exit the 1st chicane of the straight on lap 48 I see a car, most likely the Bentley as he pitted last lap. I lap the bentley coming out of chicane 2 of the straight on lap 48 but then I pit at the end of lap 48 & he un-laps himself :grumpy: As I reach the halfway point of the straight on lap 50, the BMW pits. As I exit chicane 2 of the straight on lap 50, I catch a quick glimpse of the Bentley before he disappears round the little corner just after chicane 2. As I reach the corner after the straight on lap 50, the C60 & the R8 pit half a minute after the BMW. I'm right behind the Bentley all the way through sector 6 of lap 50 but there's nowhere to pass him without leaving the racing line & losing time but eventually & pass him on corner 3 of sector 7, lap 50. As I enter chicane 1 of the straight on lap 51, I see the R390 & I slipstream him down section 2 of the straight & lap him half way down section 3 of the straight. The clock touches 3 hours as I reach sector 5.

Now, usually in le mans races, they would change drivers for the night, but as I'm A-Specing this race, I'm going to freeze GMT (Gaming Main Time) & hit the sack.

Hours 3-4
We start hour 4 1 lap ahead of the 2nd place BMW. As I reach corner 1 of lap 53, the R390 pits. Coming out of chicane 2 of the straight on lap 53 I see 2 silhouettes but I'm not sure who they are yet, as they're together, it's probably the C60 & the R8. As I enter corner 1 of sector 6 on lap 53, I see the R8 but the C60 is not confirmed as it gained some time on the R8 & is now allot further ahead. I slipstream the R8 & pass him just before entering corner 1 of lap 54, the car in front from what I saw entering the last windy corners on lap 53 the other car looks like a Bentley but it is still not confirmed as I only saw it for a second & didn't see it properly. I lose it coming out of the corner before the big tire & the R8 un-laps himself. I catch the R8 up as he takes chicane 1 of the straight of lap 54 very slowly & I slipstream him down part 2 of the straight on lap 54 & re-lap him reaching the quarter way mark of part 2 of the straight on lap 54. When I enter the corner at the end of the straight on lap 54, I see that the other car is a C60 after all so I slipstream him down the shorter straight of sector 5 on lap 54 & lap him going into the 1st mini corner. As I enter corner 1 of sector 7, lap 54, & go onto the gravel, the C60 un-laps himself & I just get off the gravel & get enough speed to prevent the R8 un-lapping himself. I slipstream the C60 down part 1 of the straight but he's to far ahead to catch up before the 1st chicane, in the end I re-lap him half way down part 2 of the straight, lap 55. I pit at the end of lap 56, the C60 & R8 un-lap themselves while I'm in the pits :grumpy: As I enter the straight of lap 57, the Bentley pits. As I enter chicane 2 of the straight on lap 58, I see the C60 but not the R8, the R8 must have overtaken the C60 as when I look on the map, there is another spot. It had to be the R8. As I enter corner 2 of sector 6, lap 58, the BMW pits followed by the R8 & the C60 30 seconds later & I re-lap them. Unfortunatly the BMW comes out 5 seconds to early for me to lap him :grumpy: I chase the BMW & have him by the time I enter the straight of lap 59. As I enter sector 6 of lap 60, the R390 pits. Entering chicane 2 of the straight on lap 61 I see the R390, I lap him later that lap on corner 1 of sectoe 6. I somehow manage to miss the pits at the end of lap 64 & I enter what's going to be a very hard lap 65, indeed by the end of lap 65 I'd spun 3 times & I was running on bright red rear tires by the time I entered the pits, & the 787B HATES red tires. As I enter sector 6 of lap 66 the Bentley pits. As I enter the corner before the straight, the BMW pits followed by the R8 a minute later & the C60 10 seconds after that. I lap the Bentley again at the end of lap 67 & 3 minutes later, the hour ends!
Excitement: 4/10

There was a powercut damnit, race cancelled.

As I'm sure any of you who have A-Speced Le Mans 24h know, racing round & round the same track for 24 hours can get boring & you need breaks or you go a bit mad. So I decided to set up my old PS2 & do a short endurance race as a break from Le Mans.

Race 4: Tokyo R246 300 km
My Car: Vauxhall Calibra Super Touring Car '94
A-Spec Points: 112
HP: 456
Grid Line Up:
1: Honda Mobil 1 NSX (JGTC) '01
2: Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra (JGTC) '01
3: Nissan PENNZOIL ZEXEL GT-R (JGTC) '01
4: Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car
5: Mazda RX-8 Concept LM Race Car '01
6: Vauxhall Calibra Super Touring Car '94

Laps 1-10
All the cars stay together as we leave the start/finish line but soon split up into 2 groups coming out of corner 1, lap 1, the Mobil NSX & the Castrol in 1, me, the RX-8, the NSX-R & the Zexel in the other. I take 3rd on the last corner of sector 2 on lap 1, by this time, there was 3 groups, me & the NSX-R are running in a 2nd group. I reach group 1 & take 2nd place coming out of corner 1 of lap 2. The groups have all split up by the time I reach the last windy bit of lap 2. I spin coming out of corner 2 on lap 4 having had a failed attempt at passing the Mobil that relied on hitting him to get round corner 2, all the other cars overtake me & I end up 9 seconds behind the 1st place Mobil :guilty: I take 5th going into corner 1 of lap 5. The RX-8 takes 1st place half way through lap 6. I pass the 4th place Zexel & the 3rd place Mobil & take 3rd on corner 4 of lap 8, I'm now 10 & a half seconds behind the 1st place RX-8. The Zexel rams me into the wall & I nearly spin entering the last windy section of lap 8 & 5th & 6th place cars pass me, I'm now last again :grumpy: But wait, I've just realised I'm 5th place, who's behind me :confused: I take the Zexel on the straight after corner 1 on lap 9 followed by the Mobil as I enter sector 3 of lap 9. I can't belive it! The car behind me rams me into same wall in the same place as the last lap! I take 5th place again :grumpy:

Laps 10/20
We start lap 10 running on slightly worn tires 23 seconds behind the 1st place RX-8. As i reach lap 11, I see the car behind me is the NSX-R. I slipstream the Zexel down the start/finish straight I overtake him going into corner 1 on lap 12, strangely I do exactly the same to the Mobil :odd: As all the cars overtake me on my worn out tires, this race is deadly boring & the RX-8 is getting a bigger & bigger lead I decide there's not much point racing this, I've chosen the wrong car & there's nothing to report exept "oh look, the RX-8 has got another second on me" every lap. I'm :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy::grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: I'm not going to do any more racing tonight as I have a headache & I'm really edgy.

umm, for the super speedway enduro, how'd you get your 905 that high off the ground (referring to picture 4)? Did you collide with that McLaren F1? and out of all other nicer looking LeMans, why the 905? I personally do not like the look of the 905, it even loses to a pescarolo and a BMW v12 LMR "IN MY OPINION". Okay i stated it cearly in capitals, so anyone who gets offended from this post, don't talk back with negative stuff because it's my opinion and my opinions just don't seem to be appealing to others.. Okay..?

MK1
I come across the McLaren on lap 51, there was no warning he had span on corner 1 & I couldn't see him untill it was to late. I just clipped the back of him whilst trying to dodge him, then my car lifted off the ground & I go flying (literally) into the grass :nervous:
That's how I went flying. I chose the 905 because it handles well & it preserves it's tires, & it's not to powerfull, all this makes for good competition, okay, it doesn't look the part, but LMP's are designed to be light & airodinamic.

Some good reports in there Golf 👍 & rep.

Dont forget to add the A-spec points ;) please....
Just go in to the race again, the screen where you see your competition listed and you'll see points in top righthand corner.
There's no need to actually start the race...

AMG.

Thanks, AMG ;) A-Spec points are all there :confused: I'm going to be racing the enduros I didn't get round to & try & leave the 24h races until any bad weather has gone :lol: I'll be starting the Roadster 4 Hour Enduro later tonight.

Race 4: Roadster 4h Endurance
My Car: Mazda MX-5 V-Special Type II (J) '93
A-Spec Points: 76
HP: 132
Tires: SH/SH
Grid Line Up:
1: Mazda MX-5 SR-Limited (J) '97
2: Mazda MX-5 1.8 RS (J) '98
3: Mazda MX-5 MX-5 S-Special Type I (J) '95
4: Mazda MX-5 1800 RS (J) '00
5: Mazda MX-5 VR-Limited (J) '95
6: Mazda MX-5 V-Special Type II (J) '93

0-30 Mins
The race begins! I try to take the VR on the long straight, but fail, I'm right next to him going down the long straight, I eventually take him on the inside of the second last corner on lap 2. The 1800 takes the S-Special going over the start finish line entering lap 3. I take a risky inside line on the corner before the Dunlop tyre turn that relied on the S-Special being side by side or I'd have to brake hard or take a very slow outside line, but I succeed & take 4th. I have a rubbish turn 1 on lap 4, taking me into the gravel pit, I take 6th :grumpy: I take the VR on the inside of the second last corner, lap 4. I take the S-Special on the inside of corner 1 on lap 5. I hold a small gap between 4th & 5th that extends gradually untill lap 13, 5th place S-Special catches me up after various slow corners & dodgy gear changes, hr overtakes me on the long straight of lap 14. I take him back on the hairpin before the Dunlop tyre, by this time 1st place had extended his lead from 10 seconds to 25 seconds :( & 14 laps later, the half hour comes to a close.
Excitement: 2/10

30-60 Mins
We start the 30 minute mark running on slightly worn tires in 4th place. I enter corner 1 of lap 29 a bit late, then I notice I've forgotten to take driving aids off :worried: As I go over the start/finish straight entering lap 30, I'm shocked as the VR overtakes me :confused: I look on the map I there's 2 dots behind me, the S-Special must've have an accident & was about to get lapped by the 1800 that now had 1st by a long way. I take the VR on the hairpin before the Dunlop tyre, it was a crappy corner & both of us go off onto the gravel trap, I come out of it first & the VR manages to block the S-Special :lol: I still can't see the 1800 behind me. Entering the second last corner of lap 30 I see the 1800 lap the S-Special in my mirror. The 1800 laps me on the inside of the hairpin before the Dunlop tyre on lap 32. As I take a rubbish turn 1 on lap 35, the VR overtakes me, it's becoming more & more obvious I can't win this :( As I enter the long straight of lap 35, the 1800 pits. Me & the other cars un-lap ourselves while the 1800 is in the pits entering lap 36. I make a very clean turn & take the VR on the inside of the second last corner of lap 38. I soon realise the S-Special had taken the VR as he pushes me off the road coming out of the 2nd last corner on lap 40 & then overtakes me :grumpy: As I enter the hairpin before the Dunlop tyre on lap 41, the SR-Limited pits. I get completely distracted by a bang my brother made, I curse him as I'd gone off the track, all the cars had overtaken me & the 1800 had lapped me :grumpy:

EDIT: DAMN! Stupid electricity key, from now on I'm checking it before racing because these power cuts are getting really annoying :grumpy:

So yeah, I'll do this tomorrow, hopefully running on more than 5p of electricity :grumpy:

Race 5: El Capitan 200 miles
My Car: Nismo Fairlady Z Z-tune (Z33) '03
A-Spec Points: 200
HP: 390
Tires: SH/SH
Grid Line Up:
1: Mercedes SL 65 AMG (R230) '04
2: TVR Cerbera Speed Six '97
3: TVR T350C '03
4: Lotus Motor Sport Elise '99
5: Shelby Series 1 Super Charged '03
6: Nismo Fairlady Z Z-tune (Z33) '03

Laps 1-9
I get lots of wheel spin off the start line & all the other cars pull of ahead leaving me all alone. I overtake the T350 & the Shelby on the corner before the tunnel, the SL going up the hill, the Cerbera & the Elise coming down the hill where the Nismo grips brilliantly, even with no driving aids :) I spin on the hairpin at the bottom of the hill, reverse (lots of wheel spin to wear my tires out :grumpy:) & the Cerbera takes the lead, the Elise bumps me upto & no one else overtakes me :lol: I try to take the Cerbera 4th to last corner (the one with the barrier I think) but he gets the inside & I can't get past, I take him coming out of the same corner having a speed advantage because I took the outside line. I manage to spin again on the last corner of lap 2 & all the cars overtake me :grumpy: I take the Shelby on the corner before the tunnel, the T350 coming out of the corner at the bottom of the hill followed by the SL at the bottom of the hill on lap 4. I manage to spin AGAIN coming down the hill on lap 5, it lands me in 5th :grumpy: I take the T350 & the SL with some nifty driving towards the end of lap 5, but I'm still in 3rd with allot of ground to make up. The T350 speeds past me & the SL on the straight due to having allot more power than us both but I take him back on corner 2 of lap 6. Nothing really happens until the tunnel on lap 9, where I spin again & lose any time I'd gained on the Elise & the Cerbera :grumpy: Laps 1-9 conclude with the T350 a couple of seconds ahead of me.

Laps 10-19
We start lap 10 running on wearing tyres in 4th place. The Cerbera pits at the end of lap 11, followed by the TVR & the SL, without warning the Shelby passes me on the inside of corner 2 on lap 12, he certainly made up some time! I pass him coming out of the same corner. The Elise pits while I'm mid-way through lap 12, he manages to make it out a whole straight in front of me but my tires are still light yellow, at least 5 more laps left in them. The Shelby pits at the end of lap 14, by this time I'd made up a few seconds on the Elise & I'm now just 7 seconds behind him. I nearly spin again before the bridge on lap 17 but manage to keep it by veering onto the gravel pit, the Elise is now 15 seconds in front of me. I pit at the end of lap 18, a car passes me (I'm not sure who, most likely the Cerbera) & laps 10-19 conclude.

Laps 20-29
We start lap 20 running on new tires in 3rd place. At the end of lap 22, the Cerbera pits & I take 2nd again, the SL follows the Cerbera half a lap later & the Elise 5 seconds after the SL. The T350 leaves it a whole lap after the other cars before pitting. The Shelby pits way after the rest of the field on lap 29! I lap the SL going over the hill on lap 29. I go over the start/finish line into lap 30 25 seconds ahead of the Elise.
Excitement: 2/10

Laps 30-39
We start lap 30 running on slightly worn tyres in 2nd place. Badly worn front tyres are starting to have a big effect on the cars handling, so I pit at the end of lap 32 & the SL un-laps himself. The Elise pits at the end of lap 34 followed by the SL a minute later, I re-lap him while he's in the pits. The Cerbera pits half a lap after the SL & the T350 pits shortly after. Laps 30-39 conplede with me spinning at the end of lap 39 after everything running so smoothly for ages :grumpy:
Excitement: 4/10

Laps 40-49
We start lap 40 running on perfect tyres in 2nd place. I set the fastest lap of the race (lap 42, 1'54.073) & the Shelby finally pits! The Elise follows him into the pits a lap later followed by me half a minute later. The SL pits half a lap after me & the Cerbera pits a few seconds after him. The T350 pits as I go over the bridge on lap 46. As I round the second corner of lap 49, a car comes into sight, it can't be the Elise as he's still 30 seconds away, it's either the SL or the T350. As I go over the hill on lap 49, I see the car fully, it is the T350, I lap him on the corner before the bridge. I go over the start/finish line into lap 50 36 seconds behind the Elise.

Laps 50-59
We start lap 50 running on perfect tyres in 2nd place. I set a new fastest lap on lap 5 (1'53.746) & a car comes into sight, could it be the SL for the second time? As I go over the hill of lap 53, I see that it's not the SL at all, but the Cerbera! The Elise must have a huge lead, as I go over the bridge, the Elise is 38 seconds behind me. As I go down the start/finish straight & into lap 54, I see another car in front of the Cerbera, or was he about to be lapped by the Cerbera? I lap the Cerbera going down the hill & after going round the turn at the bottom of the hill, the SL comes into sight. I take the SL after slipstreaming him all the way down the start/finish straight. The Elise pits as I go over the bridge on lap 56, then I have an idea, if the Elise pits again towards the end of the race, & I stay out of the pits, I still have a chance of taking this! The Shelby pits as I go round the corner before the bridge followed by the SL & the T350 half a lap later. The Cerbera pits as I enter lap 59, the Elise is now just 10 seconds in front of me, but my tyres are wearing out, can I make it to the end of the race in front of him? I enter lap 60 with the reassuring thought that the Elise is just 10 seconds ahead of me.

Laps 60-66
I enter lap 60 running on worn tyres 10 seconds behind the leader in 2nd place. My car is all over the place, the Elise had extended his lead to 15 seconds, it's all going to come down to whether he pits or not. I head into the pits at the end of lap 63, if I was going to win this, I wasn't going to do it on tyres that can't turn. I finish the race on a fast lap, but not in 1st place :(

Finish Time: 2:12'10.801
Results:
1: Lotus Motor Sport Elise '99
2: Nismo Fairlady Z Z-tune (Z33) '03
3: Shelby Series 1 Super Charged '03
4: TVR Cerbera Speed Six '97
5: TVR T350C '03
6: Mercedes SL 65 AMG (R230) '04
Race Excitement: 7/10

Race Comments: Winning isn't everything, the race was fun & I will do it again with a different car (& maybe with the Nismo again sometime) & see what happens. A damn good race.

Click on thumbnails to view full size.

What're you going to run at El Capitan? If you need some good suggestions for an easy 200 A-spec point win in a stock car, take a look at the Stock car race comparison / challenge thread that's linked in my signature. Scroll down post #1 to endurance events, and you'll see a huge list of cars that have been used for wins here by tonnes of drivers. It's a hugely satisfying race and can be kept nice and close if you pick a good ride and AI lineup without any of the obvious greyhounds. :D

What're you going to run at El Capitan? If you need some good suggestions for an easy 200 A-spec point win in a stock car, take a look at the Stock car race comparison / challenge thread that's linked in my signature. Scroll down post #1 to endurance events, and you'll see a huge list of cars that have been used for wins here by tonnes of drivers. It's a hugely satisfying race and can be kept nice and close if you pick a good ride and AI lineup without any of the obvious greyhounds. :D
Well, I started the race with the Elise out front & the Shelby at the back (obvious greyhounds :P) where it seemed to stay! but then I noticed I had driving aids on & I HATE driving aids, & stopped in lap 7 & decided to start again.

Just to let you guys know, later today I'm going to race El Capitan 200 miles & this time hopefully win!

Back