Journalist Allegedly Killed In Saudi Embassy in Turkey

So basically Saudi will either make its own stuff or look for a new buyer.

I think Saudi Arabia will look towards the Russians or the Chinese to buy weapons.

Im wondering whats Turkey's move on Saudi Arabia will be.

Merkel Throws Future Military Sales to Saudi Arabia Into Doubt
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ilitary-sales-to-saudi-arabia-on-hold-for-now

Another nail in the coffin of the tired old argument "well nothing will ever be done that will affect the people involved" bollocks.
You mean the tired old argument based on history? Who do you think will be affected by this? You think the Saudi's will say, "Oh no, I guess we can never have boats again. What will we do for boats. Does anyone else in the world make boats?". It'll have no effect on the Saudi's they'll just buy their boats somewhere else if this even comes to pass. Likely they'll just resume shipping the boats and whatever else the Saudi's purchased after the storm blows over. If you want some real results you need a coordinated effort to hit the Saudi's with major sanctions, stop buying their oil, stop visiting their country, stop selling them food. Then again, all that will do is push them into the hands of the Chinese or Russians and might shift the balance of power in the Middle East. There is no win/win here. Merkel's gesture is nothing more than political window dressing.

A member of the 15-man team suspected in the death of Jamal Khashoggi dressed up in his clothes and was captured on surveillance cameras around Istanbul on the day the journalist was killed, a senior Turkish official has told CNN.

CNN has obtained exclusive law enforcement surveillance footage, part of the Turkish government's investigation, that appears to show the man leaving the Saudi consulate by the back door, wearing Khashoggi's clothes, a fake beard, and glasses.
The same man was seen in Khashoggi's clothing, according to the Turkish case, at the city's world-famous Blue Mosque just hours after the journalist was last seen alive entering the consulate on October 2.
The man in the video, identified by the official as Mustafa al-Madani, was allegedly part of what investigators have said was a hit squad, sent to kill the journalist during a scheduled appointment to get papers for his upcoming wedding.

One would think if the evidence is true as presented, it's evidence of premeditation and blows a gaping hole in the "just an accident during a fight" narrative the CP is putting forward.

Breaking News: The body has been found sources are unclear at this point though:
https://www.news.com.au/world/middl...z/news-story/212d89ad554eee6899e0be2b80157ff8
According to the source the Erdogan didn't mention the video or audio evidence in his statement. Obviously he's keeping his cards close to his chest to give the Saudis even more time to shoot themselves in the foot. Either that or it was a bluff and they don't have any recordings of what actually happened and they bluffed the Saudis into confessing.

I don't think the Turks have recording from inside the consulate or will share it if they do because that will probably be considered as spying and get them into political heat. As a Saudi I know this is very bad, and this is unacceptable at all and shouldn't go unpunished for those responsible. But I think the media's take on this like it's for certain a governmental planned act before any conclusive evidence shows up, which is a bit not fair.

I don't think the Turks have recording from inside the consulate or will share it if they do because that will probably be considered as spying and get them into political heat. As a Saudi I know this is very bad, and this is unacceptable at all and shouldn't go unpunished for those responsible. But I think the media's take on this like it's for certain a governmental planned act before any conclusive evidence shows up, which is a bit not fair.
That was my early impression concerning the evidence the Turks said was in their possession. Murder doesn't justify spying and spying would turn it into a major diplomatic incident above and beyond what looks like a premeditated murder. So far it looks like the Turks bluffed the Saudis into a confession of sorts without ever having to show their hand. Whether the CP gets caught up in this remains to be seen. Do you have contacts on the ground in Saudi Arabia and if so, what are they saying?

In no way do the Turks have clean hands. IMO their motive is to extract copious amounts of money from the Kingdom. Which itself is not entirely above reproach, to put it mildly.

This story is never ending, Salah, Khashoggi's son forced to shake hands with SMB, while also being banned from leaving Saudi Arabia...

via

In no way do the Turks have clean hands. IMO their motive is to extract copious amounts of money from the Kingdom. Which itself is not entirely above reproach, to put it mildly.

The Turks and Saudis dont really like each other infact they really hate each other due to politics, religion and conflicting interests in the Middle East.

Both in fact are trying to be the leader of the Islamic World.

No surprise Turkey is trying to extract something. Turkey throws journalists into their jails.

Back