Journalist Allegedly Killed In Saudi Embassy in Turkey

He wanted to divide Syria, now he got himself divided into pieces.
What an irony...
R-bjvyj4jZo.jpg

Yes that is my opinion and I stand by it. Why did you quote it and why is it funny to you?

I found the video funny too. You take things like these too serious. Satire has always been a staple in modern civilization.f

Last edited:
The free world's reaction be like:

- Hey Saudi, did you just kill a journalist in your embassy?
- Yes. So what?
- ...Nothing. Just asking...

I guess it’s a shame Russia wasn’t at the receiving end of his criticism, that way instead of being tortured to death, he’d only have been poisoned... /shrug
He'd have been poisoned. A Saudi journalist, US resident. In Turkey. By Russia.
Is it a joke or you seriously think so?

Yes that is my opinion and I stand by it. Why did you quote it and why is it funny to you?
Your lack of reaction to the Colbert sketch after taking time to call John Oliver out as a "buffoon" made me think the embargo had somehow been lifted and it was okay to laugh at comedy again. Guessing this is not the case. :lol:

Last edited:
Your lack of reaction to the Colbert sketch after taking time to call John Oliver out as a "buffoon" made me think the embargo had somehow been lifted and it was okay to laugh at comedy again. Guessing this is not the case. :lol:
What embargo are you talking about?

I'm not speaking for @UKMikey but I think it's the time buffer between a horrendous event happening and the point where it becomes acceptable to begin humour or satire towards it.
Perhaps the Colbert sketch received a pass because it was posted by a more right wing poster than was Oliver's report.

Or he didn't see the post, wasn't online or couldn't be bothered to post his thoughts twice.

And then you went fishing for a reaction.
Sure... then he came online to respond to my post after ignoring yours. That must be it. :lol:

Or he didn't see the post, wasn't online or couldn't be bothered to post his thoughts twice.

And then you went fishing for a reaction.
Fishing for a reaction is certainly what it seemed like to me. Quoting someone and then laughing seems doesn't seem like a constructive way to forward a discussion.

I'm not speaking for @UKMikey but I think it's the time buffer between a horrendous event happening and the point where it becomes acceptable to begin humour or satire towards it.

Thing is who defines how long?

When will events from the titanic be funny?
When will events from WWI or WWII be funny?
When will events from 11/9/2001 be funny?

Austrlians don't make fun of Steve Irwins death.
South park did but they're south park they don't give a rats ass.

Thing is who defines how long?

When will events from the titanic be funny?
When will events from WWI or WWII be funny?
When will events from 11/9/2001 be funny?

Austrlians don't make fun of Steve Irwins death.
South park did but they're south park they don't give a rats ass.
I don't think anyone is capable of establishing such definitions, as the matter is complicated by myriad variables including, but by no means limited to, the nature of the event being made light of and the manner in which that is accomplished. Biases (certainly not merely political leanings, though they obviously must be included, but how each individual ranks things by importance) undoubtedly come into play when weighing these variables against what is "appropriate" to determine how far on which side of that mark the material being examined sits.

What's odd in this instance is the fact that someone considered only the amount of time passed and the source of the commentary (and likely even the source of the source, which is to say the individual who presented the commentary to be viewed by others) before opting to openly condemn remarks as being inappropriate, having not, for whatever reason, observed the commentary itself. How can one make a reasonable judgement without considering all pertinent variables necessary to do so?

Now I'm not a fan of John Oliver's show--the language used is often off-putting and he talks entirely too fast--but having finally observed the commentary in its entirety myself, I'm taken aback by how little time was devoted to addressing Khashoggi at all, let alone his slaying. If you disregard a clip from a news broadcast (and perhaps even if you don't--it wasn't that long), less time was spent talking about Khashoggi than was spent talking about WWE. That's right, "professional wrestling". By and large, the piece was about the United States' awkward relationship with Saudi Arabia.

Frankly, if anyone should be offended, it ought to be the folks over at Wyndham Hotels over how Days Inn was humorously portrayed:

20181029_110811.png

Its interesting though that the right is often criticising political correctness. And satire is basically the opposite of that.
Does anyone know of any rightwing satire comedy by the way?

I don't think anyone is capable of establishing such definitions, as the matter is complicated by myriad variables including, but by no means limited to, the nature of the event being made light of and the manner in which that is accomplished. Biases (certainly not merely political leanings, though they obviously must be included, but how each individual ranks things by importance) undoubtedly come into play when weighing these variables against what is "appropriate" to determine how far on which side of that mark the material being examined sits.

What's odd in this instance is the fact that someone considered only the amount of time passed and the source of the commentary (and likely even the source of the source, which is to say the individual who presented the commentary to be viewed by others) before opting to openly condemn remarks as being inappropriate, having not, for whatever reason, observed the commentary itself. How can one make a reasonable judgement without considering all pertinent variables necessary to do so?

Now I'm not a fan of John Oliver's show--the language used is often off-putting and he talks entirely too fast--but having finally observed the commentary in its entirety myself, I'm taken aback by how little time was devoted to addressing Khashoggi at all, let alone his slaying. If you disregard a clip from a news broadcast (and perhaps even if you don't--it wasn't that long), less time was spent talking about Khashoggi than was spent talking about WWE. That's right, "professional wrestling". By and large, the piece was about the United States' awkward relationship with Saudi Arabia.

Frankly, if anyone should be offended, it ought to be the folks over at Wyndham Hotels over how Days Inn was humorously portrayed:

View attachment 776956
I must say I am quite impressed by how much room my thoughts seem to occupy in your head. If I had to pay rent for that space I'm not sure I could afford it.

Does anyone know of any rightwing satire comedy by the way?
There's no current shortage of conservative comedians, humorists and satirists, if you want to look them up and enjoy them.

A few from the past that attracted my attention: H.L. Mencken, Bob Hope, Jackie Gleason. Gore Vidal wasn't a conservative - I'd say he was libertarian, and his satire was deadly.

I believe it's called the Republican Party
:lol:
Rather Trump satiring the GOP. In 2020 he will reveal it was all a performance art to criticize the direction of modern society and politics are heading to hen he loses re-election!!

There's no current shortage of conservative comedians, humorists and satirists, if you want to look them up and enjoy them.

A few from the past that attracted my attention: H.L. Mencken, Bob Hope, Jackie Gleason. Gore Vidal wasn't a conservative - I'd say he was libertarian, and his satire was deadly.

Any modern ones? I looked at this list and only know Jeff Dunham, Rob schneider, Adam sandler, Tim allen, norm mcdonald and joe Rogan. Bar Tim allen, adam sandler, schneider, norm mcdonald arent that conservative and I dont understand why Rogan is on the list. He is libertarian at best. None of them do any political satire though or do they? Maybe Dunham's achmed, but I never heard criticism from the left of him being unsensitive potraying a suicide boming terrorist.

The majority seem old though. Any modern ones who specifically satire the left?

https://www.ranker.com/list/best-conservative-republican-comedians/ranker-comedy

I must say I am quite impressed by how much room my thoughts seem to occupy in your head. If I had to pay rent for that space I'm not sure I could afford it.
This appears to be flame bait.

It's funny, though, as what you've suggested of me could easily be attributed to you by virtue of you directing said comment at someone who responded to someone else with a description of the comments and actions of an unnamed third party.

For what it's worth, I couldn't give the furry crack of a rat's ass what you think; what you say, however, is fair game given the discussion forum dynamic.

4ScV.gif

I believe it's called the Republican Party
Aww, damn!

:lol:

Rob schneider
Ew. Just...

...ew.

The great President Ronald Reagan was very good at telling humorous stories and jokes often at the expense of communists, Democrats and liberals.

Any modern ones? I looked at this list and only know Jeff Dunham, Rob schneider, Adam sandler, Tim allen, norm mcdonald and joe Rogan. Bar Tim allen, adam sandler, schneider, norm mcdonald arent that conservative and I dont understand why Rogan is on the list. He is libertarian at best. None of them do any political satire though or do they? Maybe Dunham's achmed, but I never heard criticism from the left of him being unsensitive potraying a suicide boming terrorist.

The majority seem old though. Any modern ones who specifically satire the left?
How about Chad Prather? His rather humorous take on America has me coming back for more.

Khashoggi Killed As Soon as he Entered the Consulate

Chief [Istanbul] prosecutor Irfan Fidan released a statement through his office on Wednesday saying Khashoggi was strangled moments after he entered the Saudi embassy. After this, the statement alleges, Saudi officials proceeded with dismembering Khashoggi to secretly transport his body and cover up the killing.

Reports from recent days suggest that Khashoggi’s remains were disposed of in the garden of the Saudi general consul’s house in Istanbul. Sky News describes his face as “disfigured” while his other remains were “cut up.”

All those weapons Germany, the United Kingdom and the United States sell to Saudi Arabia and they do an extrajudicial political killing by hand. :rolleyes:
Be fair. You ever try firing a missile or shell though a door like that?

Back