Journalist Allegedly Killed In Saudi Embassy in Turkey

CIA has weighed in and it's not good for bin Salman

The CIA has concluded that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman personally ordered the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, despite the Saudi government's denials that the de facto ruler was involved, according to a senior US official and a source familiar with the matter.

The senior US official told CNN on Friday the conclusion is based on a recording provided by the Turkish government and other evidence, including American intelligence.
The sources told CNN that the CIA based its assessment on available intelligence, as opposed to any specific smoking gun-type of evidence.
Investigators also believe an operation such as the one that ended in Khashoggi's death would not have happened without bin Salman's knowledge given his control of the government, the senior US official said.
A Saudi Embassy spokeswoman said in a statement that "the claims in this purported assessment are false. We have and continue to hear various theories without seeing the primary basis for these speculations."

Last edited:
I get that Saudi arabia is a complex sceniaro where if America doesnt supply their weapons they will get it from somewhere else, but at the same time I don't care, this cancerious regime should have the strongest sanctions possible.

I get that Saudi arabia is a complex sceniaro where if America doesnt supply their weapons they will get it from somewhere else, but at the same time I don't care, this cancerious regime should have the strongest sanctions possible.
Trust us, we will levy the most serious sanctions against Saudi Arabia that Israel will allow us.

Saudi Arabia assassinates people. Israel assassinates people. The US assassinates people. Extrajudicial killings are part and parcel of both the best and worst nations on Earth. They are justified in many ways, perhaps most importantly because of the motivation of "trying to do good" and make the world a better place according our values. This is powerful evidence if not proof certain that, in our world, the ends justify the means.

CIA Intercepts Underpin Assessment Saudi Crown Prince Targeted Khashoggi
Conclusion that Mohammad ‘probably ordered’ killing relies in part on 11 messages he sent to adviser who oversaw hit squad around time it killed journalist
https://www.wsj.com/articles/cia-in...di-crown-prince-targeted-khashoggi-1543640460

Back