Jump_Ace's Gran Turismo 7 Tuning Garage

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 132 comments
Tried yours and other S660 setup, but can't reach those PP, maybe no way after update...any suggestion?
Yeah sounds like 1.15 was a big update with lots of changes. I'll have to go see if I still have those values.

Jerome

No problem buddy, I've just been absolutely slammed with life as of late, hopefully next week(?)

Jerome

Hey Jerome, not sure if your still tuning at the moment or if life is getting in the way (don’t you hate that!). If you do fancy a project I’d love tunes for either the Renault 5 turbo or the Clio v6 on sports hard around spa. Those hot hatches are fun and the clip reminds me of the good old days of gt5p - the punters car of choice!!

Hey Jerome, not sure if your still tuning at the moment or if life is getting in the way (don’t you hate that!). If you do fancy a project I’d love tunes for either the Renault 5 turbo or the Clio v6 on sports hard around spa. Those hot hatches are fun and the clip reminds me of the good old days of gt5p - the punters car of choice!!
Heyo, now that they fixed the FFB, I can jump back in the seat and come up with a tune :)

Jerome

Renault R5 Turbo '80 - 457.21PP

Circuit De Spa Fancorchamps - 2:57.325

Performance Upgrades:

• Fully Customizable Racing Transmission
  • Fully Customized Suspension
  • Racing Brake Discs & Pads
  • Fully Customizable LSD
  • Racing Clutch & Flywheel
  • Brake Balance Controller
  • Sport Hard Tires

Assist Settings:
  • Brake Balance - 0
  • Traction Control - 0
  • Countersteering Assist - Off
  • Active Stability Management - Off

Tuning Notes:
This car is loads of fun, especially here. Outside of missing breaking points, the only thing to mention is to lift for the left part of the tight chicane after T1 and lift slightly again for the following right. Otherwise, business as usual :)

1.jpg

Jerome

I gotta tune the Escudo for the Ranch, right? I mean, c'mon ;)

Jerome

Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Special '98 - 747.65PP

Fisherman's Ranch - 2:52.721

Performance Upgrades:

• Fully Customizable LSD
  • Sport Hard Tires

Assist Settings:
  • Brake Balance - 0
  • Traction Control - 0

Tuning Notes:
I came to realize that this is my favorite car in Gran Turismo, I recall trying to tame this beast on the rally tracks in previous GT titles. If you can drive this car on dirt, you can literally drive anything on dirt. Everything is amplified in this car; the downforce, the turbo lag, she's great.

Some tips about driving here so you don't pull your hair out. That first real jump as you enter turn 4, try to take it flat out and as straight as possible, plus slightly left of center. Next, I wish to god you could install a turbo lag in her, it'd turn the fun dial up to 11, but alas... For the flat, fast section after coming downhill, be sure to fully brake and recover before you begin that sharp hill. Otherwise, you'll get turned 90 degrees.

For the BIG jump, just brake as you enter the crest so the car is either close to center or slightly leaning forward as you land. And of course, watch out for the barriers, don't take a header on the 2nd to last turn while 3 seconds up on your best lap :lol: She'll go sub 2:50 stock, with practice.

1.jpg

Jerome

Porsche 911 Turbo (930) '81 - 577.59PP
Quite nice, plenty of grip and plenty of pep. This is on-paper and in testing my quickest 930 yet and I didn’t feel like I really nailed the race. I had to turn the ALS down to get a 3rd lap, but that affected very little in terms of performance. Great tune!

0AFAA8BF-87B0-4B5E-BBAD-AAF0D2E67A8C.jpeg
E0035B2F-0587-40B0-AA02-AC5A915B31AD.jpeg

Last edited:
Quite nice, plenty of grip and plenty of pep. This is on-paper and in testing my quickest 930 yet and I didn’t feel like I really nailed the race. I had to turn the ALS down to get a 3rd lap, but that affected very little in terms of performance. Great tune!

Hey neighbor! ;) Glad you liked it.

Jerome

Porsche 917K '70 - 751.69PP

Trial Mountain Circuit - 1:50.495

Performance Upgrades:

• Racing Brake Discs
  • Fully Customizable LSD
  • Racing Hard Tires

Assist Settings:
  • Brake Balance - 0
  • Traction Control - 1

Tuning Notes:
I wanted to come up with a harder to tune car and the first thing that came to mind was the S-10 license test. Only I had enough at Spa, so I took her to The Mountain. Then I realized it was in the trailer, so much for originality. Anyway, she's fun and I found that having TCS on 1 is basically the same as TCS 5 🤷‍♂️ Be sure to have her settled before you reach the apex as you start the descent down. If you want some wheelie good fun, try a warm up lap with the default setup :lol:

View attachment 1145788

Jerome
Amazing tune!!!! 🔥

Hey guys, small update. My mother passed away last week, so I have lots of work left to do with all that, so I'm not sure when I'll get back to tuning. Hopefully in a week or two. Hit me up with requests as I will be back :)

Jerome

Hey guys, small update. My mother passed away last week, so I have lots of work left to do with all that, so I'm not sure when I'll get back to tuning. Hopefully in a week or two. Hit me up with requests as I will be back :)

Jerome
So sorry to hear that, family first my guy. We’ll worry about the tunes when you get back!

BAC Mono '16 - 648.59PP

Trial Mountain Circuit - 2:02.866

Performance Upgrades:

• Fully Customizable LSD
  • Sport Medium Tires

Assist Settings:
  • Brake Balance - 0
  • Traction Control - 1

Tuning Notes:
Running with TCS 1 means you don't need ASM and CSA. You can enable them both if you want to for added confidence. Remember, you can overdrive a car, and she'll punish you if you do :lol: Be sure to set the transmission to 300 and then set the gears to what is pictured below.

View attachment 1135938View attachment 1135939

Jerome
Can not thank you enough for this tune!!! Finally got the win. Love the little BAC race car. The description said it was like driving a road legal Formula 3, I believe it. I'll check out any tune you have; it seems you like an aggressive driving style too.

Last edited:
Can not thank you enough for this tune!!! Finally got the win. Love the little BAC race car. The description said it was like driving a road legal Formula 3, I believe it. I'll check out any tune you have; it seems you like an aggressive driving style too.
Thanks buddy for the kind words! I try to always optimize the moment when you can give the car full power. Not only the sooner the better, but so you can have as much confidence as possible to do it (some cars are better at that than others; YMMV :lol:).

Jerome

Last edited:
Okay I had some time to chill before more work is to be done.

Ford Roadster '32 - 482.29PP

Willow Springs: Big Willow - 1:30.879

Performance Upgrades:

• Fully Customizable LSD
  • Sport Hard Tires

Assist Settings:
  • Brake Balance - 0
  • Traction Control - 0

Tuning Notes:
This has to be one of the best cars to learn car basics in. Everything feels so basic and simple, thats how the car is and its bleeping great. Straight fundamentals racing.

Roadster.jpg

Jerome

Greddy Fugu Z '15 - 578.60PP

Suzuka Circuit - 2:19.851

Performance Upgrades:

• Fully Customizable LSD
  • Sport Soft Tires

Assist Settings:
  • Brake Balance - 0
  • Traction Control - 0

Tuning Notes:
The new Performance Z is on my TDL, but I had to do this one first since it was a SEMA winner and all. Fun and smooth ride for a fun and smooth track, just obey the limits :lol:

Fugu.jpg

Jerome

Alpine 220 Race Car '68 - 669.80PP

Watkins Glen Long Course - 1:52.442

Performance Upgrades:

• Fully Customizable LSD
  • Racing Hard Tires

Assist Settings:
  • Brake Balance - 0
  • Traction Control - 0

Tuning Notes:
This is one of the harder cars to tune at this track. The Glen requires good fast speed turns and good low-to-mid-speed turns. But for a car made in '68 I think I found a sweet spot for it.

220.jpg

Jerome

BMW M3 Evolution '89 - 529.16PP

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit - 1:39.562

Performance Upgrades:

• Fully Customizable LSD
  • Sport Soft Tires

Assist Settings:
  • Brake Balance - 0
  • Traction Control - 0

Tuning Notes:
Okay so getting a sub 1:40 proved to be a challenge for me, then after taking a small break, it really came together and got the 39.5. In typical FR fashion, timing your trailbraking is crucial in her so you can get pointed out nearly straight and floor it asap. There's some roll to her, so be sure not to be late on your braking zones.

M3.jpg

Jerome

Toyota Supra GT500 '97 - 722.24PP

Trial Mountain Circuit - 1:52.066

Performance Upgrades:

• Fully Customizable LSD
  • Sport Hard Tires

Assist Settings:
  • Brake Balance - 0
  • Traction Control - 0

Tuning Notes:
One of the most iconic cars of all time, let alone in Sim Racing. I had to take her to the Mountain for old times sake :lol: She's as compliant as you wish your significant other was. You really have to be careless to over drive her, so have fun with the nostalgia.

Supra.jpg

Jerome

Toyota Sports 800 '65 - 239.78PP

Good Wood Motor Circuit - 1:51.203

Performance Upgrades:

• Comfort Hard Tires

Assist Settings:
  • Brake Balance - 0
  • Traction Control - 0

Tuning Notes:
So I installed the typical non-engine upgrades, tires and her PP went over 300PP much to my surprise. I started out with a 2:01 lap and thought it was pretty good-ish. I then proceeded to slash times over the next hour to get her down to a 1:51.203. The first four turns you can take flat out, even the one thats just past the T1 lap timer. Shift late and don't miss a braking zone. For the final kink, shift down into 3rd and keep her at about 53mph+ as you hit the rumble strips on the right.

1.jpg

Jerome

BMW M3 Evolution '89 - 529.16PP

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit - 1:39.562

Performance Upgrades:

• Fully Customizable LSD
  • Sport Soft Tires

Assist Settings:
  • Brake Balance - 0
  • Traction Control - 0

Tuning Notes:
Okay so getting a sub 1:40 proved to be a challenge for me, then after taking a small break, it really came together and got the 39.5. In typical FR fashion, timing your trailbraking is crucial in her so you can get pointed out nearly straight and floor it asap. There's some roll to her, so be sure not to be late on your braking zones.

View attachment 1187838

Jerome
Not too shabby. After a day of slogging through Sarthe with older models in very wet weather, it felt nice just to get a full 7 laps in! She’s faster than what I was able to yield, I was driving tentatively I’m sure. Very nice fuel economy, 3 laps at FM2.

97CA3CBF-1023-4BEA-9F3D-4430AB9A57B9.jpeg

Not too shabby. After a day of slogging through Sarthe with older models in very wet weather, it felt nice just to get a full 7 laps in! She’s faster than what I was able to yield, I was driving tentatively I’m sure. Very nice fuel economy, 3 laps at FM2.

That livery is hotness buddy, very nice!

Jerome

Back