Just a girls garage... (Upd 08/03/12) ::CR-Z Photoshoot::

• Thread starter grrlpurple
  • 396 comments
grrlpurple
Thought I'd share some of my collection - it's not much at the minute but I am determined to capture every premium car I get my hands on...

My first purchase
GT5_Civic3.jpg

GT5_Civic2.jpg

GT5_Civic1.jpg

Which understeered more than I remember from GT4 so I bought this lovely Focus ST
GT5_Focus1.jpg

GT5_Focus2.jpg

Just the kart I won from somewhere or other...
GT5_Kart1.jpg

...and the Daihatsu concept I won too
GT5_Dai1.jpg

GT5_Dai2.jpg

...and another prize car, an Isuzu concept
Gt5_Thingy2.jpg

GT5_Thingy1.jpg

I bought the Volvo C30 for one of the Seasonal Events
Gt5_Volvo1.jpg

...and just had to buy it in blue - carefully placing a tartan rug and box of tissues on the rear shelf
Gt5_Volvo2.jpg

I also got the MiEV for a Seasonal Event
Gt5_Kiev1.jpg

GT5_Kiev2.jpg

I donated this Copen to Bob and Bob for their B-Spec endeavours
GT5_Copen1.jpg

...and I am pleased they kept the interior clean
GT5_Copen2.jpg

They won a Toyota Prius for me - can't see me using this...
Gt5_Prius2.jpg

Gt5_Prius1.jpg

I hate muscle cars - I prefer finesse - but got this Dodge for the Seasonal Event
GT5_Dodge1.jpg

...and surprisingly enjoyed taking it around Daytona
Gt5_Dodge2.jpg

I also bought this Golf GTi for the Seasonal Nurburgring event
Gt5_GolfGTI1.jpg

Which I tuned a little - naturally
GT5_GolfGTI2.jpg

...and got the gold cup on my second run
Gt5_GolfGTI3.jpg

All post edited in Adobe Lightroom for just a hint of colour balance, contrast and vignetting - some cropped, resized and some sharpened a little - no other post shot editing. Hope you like them :)

Last edited:
Is the title nessesary?
Sorry, im just prejudiced. I guess im just tired of every time a girl appears on a video game or in a forum, everyone sucks up to them so bad
Example-Post Above
Its a pretty picture, but not "Very Awesome"
If I would have posted it no one would have gave a ****

Is it necessary to attack the title of my post? Is it necessary to form an assumption of me based upon that title and your self proclaimed 'prejudice'?

I'm not here to post 'awesome' photographic masterpieces - I wouldn't stand a chance against some of the outstanding talent on this site. I merely wanted to share pictures of cars from my garage because this is supposed to be a community of car (and GT) enthusiasts - I thought, perhaps wrongly, that there was enjoyment to be had in sharing within a community.

Irrespective of your opinion I have encountered a negative feeling towards female gamers, and drivers, and your attitude does nothing but reinforce that. I have reverse parked a 4 tonne ambulance into spaces that a lot of men would struggle to place a car into and yet I still have to suffer comments about 'girls that can't park' simply because of my gender.

Was it necessary to post such a negative comment? Everyone has the right to free speech and I applaud you for expressing your opinion with total disregard to how it will affect others opinions of you. I just wonder why you have such an apparent chip on your shoulder about it...

Your pictures are awesome. And at least you have taken the time and effort to post them up for the rest of us to see. In particular, i like the Izuzu pics as I have a big soft spot for that car. Hope to see more soon!

I'll have to chivalrously defend the TS here, she's got some genuine skills to show off, with a little more practice she WILL get better, the last GTi shot for example, looks close enough to real that the less initiated would think it was, and besides, how many of us have actually taken photos of the CART in Photo Travel??? My goodness, even my gallery has doesn't have a car that costs less than 20,000Cr... hmmm I gotta fix that soon.

Don't care about the "girl" discussion, but have to say that those are some nice, crisp shots.

You should post more in-race photos. I'm definitely looking forward to more of those.

Oh, and thanks for the comment on my gallery.

Keep it up. 👍

It's odd how there's only one person making a big deal about the girl thing - and it's not the thread starter. Besides, it's easy enough to figure out given her username :).

You'll want to use that Prius, probably today - it's good for the Bonus Race 3 Seasonal, so some easy money/XP never hurts! It gets replaced soon too.

Simple, clean shots - the last GTI one is best. I took a very similar shot on that exact corner because the lighting coming around there makes the image very realistic. Good start 👍

My favorites have to be the last 2 Golf Shots. Very well done and realistic without losing any Artistic sense, which can be hard.

Is it necessary to attack the title of my post? Is it necessary to form an assumption of me based upon that title and your self proclaimed 'prejudice'?

I'm not here to post 'awesome' photographic masterpieces - I wouldn't stand a chance against some of the outstanding talent on this site. I merely wanted to share pictures of cars from my garage because this is supposed to be a community of car (and GT) enthusiasts - I thought, perhaps wrongly, that there was enjoyment to be had in sharing within a community.

Irrespective of your opinion I have encountered a negative feeling towards female gamers, and drivers, and your attitude does nothing but reinforce that. I have reverse parked a 4 tonne ambulance into spaces that a lot of men would struggle to place a car into and yet I still have to suffer comments about 'girls that can't park' simply because of my gender.

Was it necessary to post such a negative comment? Everyone has the right to free speech and I applaud you for expressing your opinion with total disregard to how it will affect others opinions of you. I just wonder why you have such an apparent chip on your shoulder about it...

He is called BigMackAttack :sly: Some nice pics, especially the last GTI pic. If i didn't know better i'd swear that was real

Is the title nessesary?
Sorry, im just prejudiced. I guess im just tired of every time a girl appears on a video game or in a forum, everyone sucks up to them so bad
Example-Post Above
Its a pretty picture, but not "Very Awesome"
If I would have posted it no one would have gave a ****

ITT: Sexual Frustration.

Nice pics, I see your going for the "natural" look. lol

just some critique;
you'll find that taking shots of cars on an angle, whether it be side, 3/4 front or back etc and having the wheel rim rotated towards the camera will give off a 'better' or a more aesthetically pleasing photo, if you will, rather than seeing a dull black tyre facing the lens

Thanks for the feedback guys - am still finding my way around the nuances of the GT Photomode options. It would be much easier if I could swing my DSLR onto these machines :D

It's odd how there's only one person making a big deal about the girl thing - and it's not the thread starter. Besides, it's easy enough to figure out given her username :).

You'll want to use that Prius, probably today - it's good for the Bonus Race 3 Seasonal, so some easy money/XP never hurts! It gets replaced soon too.

Simple, clean shots - the last GTI one is best. I took a very similar shot on that exact corner because the lighting coming around there makes the image very realistic. Good start 👍

You know what corners on what tracks have the best lighting for taking more realisitc photos?! Damn, I have a lot to learn!

Great pics too, I like seeing a bit more of the 'run of the mill' cars, rather than a gallery stacked with expensive premiums. It makes for a nice change

Ah... the black beauty
GT_Fairlady1.jpg

Which I bought for the FR challenge
GT_Fairlady2.jpg

The Nissan Fairlady
GT_Fairlady3.jpg

...and my first Ferrari
GT_Ferr2.jpg

Going for a spin in Madrid
GT_Ferr3.jpg

GT_Ferr4.jpg

A Toyota concept thing I won somewhere