Just a girls garage... (Upd 08/03/12) ::CR-Z Photoshoot::

• Thread starter grrlpurple
  • 396 comments
All of fantastic shots here, and I absolutely love the commentary, It's made me want to go buy some of the cars I never would have given two thoughts about buying! Absolutely splendid! :D 👍

Great job as always my friend. Wonderful style - the C30 set was my favorite.

Also, I hope you don't mind, but I saw that great picture you did with the problematic sky and tried to fix it for you. While I was at it, I also repaired/smoothed the color banding/posterization on the bus and removed the watermark. I hope you like it. :)

6815722319_cba57edf00_o.jpg

Last edited:
Love it Primus! :)

Thanks for the comments everyone - I love the premium models, I just somehow seem to have got myself into a habit of test driving all of the standard ones first. I'll try to include some premiums next time too :)

@BkS - that was one of my reasons for doing this, finding those hidden gems in the standard models that a lot of people simply don't drive :)

I love this gallery! 👍

I really enjoy reading about your thoughts on each car.
Some great pics too.

I'll keep checking here to see all 800+ cars !!

Where did you get that Lexus GT1??? I never see that in GT4! Your brief comments on each car you drove made it fun to visit your gallery!

One obscure car I like is the Fiat Barchetta. The stock wheels look like crap but the car is great fun, could you do a shoot of it?

@beeblebrox237 there are a couple of shots of it on page 16 ;)

Thanks matt-mtb :)

---
One of these days I'll have to get around to editing some shots in Photoshop. All I use for these at present is a little post production editing (for tone and cropping) in Lightroom and then use irfanview (freeware tool) to resize and sharpen before uploading.

I'm fair-to-reasonable with Photoshop, though not anywhere in the league of most editors here in the galleries, but think I ought to give it a go soon :)

Time for another update and I found a few treasures among the latest crop of standard car testing :)

One of the treasures was this Alfa 147
GT5_1302_Alfa1471.jpg

I expected huge understeer but it had almost none and was zippy to boot!
GT5_1302_Alfa1472.jpg

Unlike the Mazda Axela
GT5_1302_Axela1.jpg

Understeer in abundance
GT5_1302_Axela2.jpg

...and ugly at the boot!
GT5_1302_Axela3.jpg

Ah... one of my premium race conversions - Courtesy of RKM Motorsports tuning garage
GT5_1302_CoffeeCar1.jpg

My 'Coffee Car' Cappuccino :)
GT5_1302_CoffeeCar2.jpg

A standard Copen
GT5_1302_Copen1.jpg

Drove like a standard Copen
GT5_1302_Copen2.jpg

Ah... Vauxhall Corsa. Staple of many UK driving schools
GT5_1302_Corsa1.jpg

No thrills and no surprises
GT5_1302_Corsa2.jpg

The Honda NSX usually tears me to pieces
GT5_1302_DrkGrnNSX1.jpg

Not on an almost straight track though
GT5_1302_DrkGrnNSX2.jpg

Not really a 'road test' in the classic sense
GT5_1302_DrkGrnNSX3.jpg

I gave the Ford Focus RS a good workout at the Nurburgring GP Circuit
GT5_1302_FocusST1.jpg

Loved it, absolutely! Crisp clean handling
GT5_1302_FocusST2.jpg

Unlike this FR Skyline - I know they have a tendency to bring about premature virtual death when I am behind the wheel...
GT5_1302_GrnSkyline1.jpg

It didn't take long
GT5_1302_GrnSkyline2.jpg

Before completing the first lap I had used up more lives than a basket of kittens!
GT5_1302_GrnSkyline3.jpg

This 1980s Mitsubishi Lancer was super fun
GT5_1302_Mitsu80s1.jpg

Not overly powerful - slight understeer
GT5_1302_Mitsu80s2.jpg

But the handling was predictable so you could really push it around
GT5_1302_Mitsu80s3.jpg

Come on PD - we need more classic '80s cars!
GT5_1302_Mitsu80s4.jpg

The Mazda6
GT5_1302_Mzda61.jpg

Nothing much to report, move along
GT5_1302_Mzda62.jpg

What manner of evil beast is stalking those cars?
GT5_1302_PremRaceCivic2.jpg

Why... it is my loud and proud Honda Civic RM :)
GT5_1302_PremRaceCivic1.jpg

Yet another Roadster - yet more fun
GT5_1302_Rdster1.jpg

You can have too much of a good thing though... and I suspect there will be few updates without a Miata/MX-5/Roadster in them
GT5_1302_Rdster2.jpg

Having barely recovered from the previous Skyline I was dreading this 4WD beast
GT5_1302_SkylineNur1.jpg

Nurburgring Edition or not... I expected some killer understeer
GT5_1302_SkylineNur2.jpg

What I actually got was a planted, fast and responsive drive
GT5_1302_SkylineNur3.jpg

Enjoyed it so much I did several laps and got my best result so far
GT5_1302_SkylineNur4.jpg

Finally.... SPOON!
GT5_1302_SpoonS1.jpg

A Spoon S2000 with no rear wing? What were they thinking?
GT5_1302_SpoonS2.jpg

Genius is what! I tell you, a brand new favourite - completely unexpected. This thing corners on rails!
GT5_1302_SpoonS3.jpg

Hope you liked the update - always a pleasure to share and enjoy your comments. :)

Really nice pictures, i havent seen a lot of people take pictures of average afordable cars, i know i dont ^^. they are really nice, cause i fell like if you take pictures of "normal" cars, it might turn out boring, but you manage to make them look good.

And the pictures you take of the expensive cars are very nice too!
(and the comments in between the pics are nice too)

Really good job :)

Last edited:
One of these days I'll have to get around to editing some shots in Photoshop. All I use for these at present is a little post production editing (for tone and cropping) in Lightroom and then use irfanview (freeware tool) to resize and sharpen before uploading.
:)

Still more editing than I do :lol:

nice update.

Awesome shots, I'll concur with everyone else. The texts really are the highlights, at least for me. Great work. 👍

I always liked your photos, mostly because you, like me, have lots of love for the often-overlooked Standards, particularly the less common varieties, e.g the Corsa. A good friend of mine had one in that solid dull, blue colour too! It's pretty forgettable stock but once tuned can be a little giant-killer.

Love the photos of the '83 Lancer - and yes, we need more boxy 1980s classics in the game. It's a great car too.

The MX5 ones are awesome, it could almost be a Premium.

Another great update! 👍

"Ah... Vauxhall Corsa. Staple of many UK driving schools"

How very true. :lol:

Back